Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2022/23 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually quite excited about this one. He fits the profile in terms of age, he's in a position we desperately need reinforcements in and I've never heard of him - which means it isn't a "Rodgers" signing.

Hope it actually happens.

Madness that we've not had a left back worth the name since we sold Chilwell two & a half years ago.

Signing a right back to replace him was probably the first sign that our recruitment had gone batshit crazy.

Mind you, five years since we signed anyone in January is also ridiculous. The days of Mahrez, Ndidi etc. seem a distant memory.

Making 32 appearances as Lille won the French league in the 20/21 season would be evidence

Torres was ****ing brilliant a Liverpool. He was a pile of horseshit at Chelsea.

What he's done in the past at a different club is completely irrelevant.

Madness that we've not had a left back worth the name since we sold Chilwell two & a half years ago.

Signing a right back to replace him was probably the first sign that our recruitment had gone batshit crazy.

Mind you, five years since we signed anyone in January is also ridiculous. The days of Mahrez, Ndidi etc. seem a distant memory.
Justin was an absolutely excellent LB for us until his injury. It is often forgotten how good he was there. He got his England call up on the back of it.

Torres was ****ing brilliant a Liverpool. He was a pile of horseshit at Chelsea.

Torres was played in jis natural position Soumare has been deployed left right and center he looks totally lost on the pitch, that is either because he is not good enough or BR is playing him out of his natural role, just look at vardy he has had to change his game partly because of age but mainly because of BR insistence of not changing tactically.

Torres was played in jis natural position Soumare has been deployed left right and center he looks totally lost on the pitch, that is either because he is not good enough or BR is playing him out of his natural role, just look at vardy he has had to change his game partly because of age but mainly because of BR insistence of not changing tactically.
Being played in his 'natural position' or not is nothing to do with him walking around the pitch like a pensioner with an arse infection and giving the ball away with consumate ease.

It's not Irrelevant if your saying Soumare is rubbish full stop, to be a big part of a French side that won the league ahead of PSG means he has something about him, I would say it's more to do with Bodgers than Soumare being rubbish, maybe under a different manager at Leicester he would be a better player.

It's not Irrelevant if your saying Soumare is rubbish full stop, to be a big part of a French side that won the league ahead of PSG means he has something about him, I would say it's more to do with Bodgers than Soumare being rubbish, maybe under a different manager at Leicester he would be a better player.
It is irreleavent. Completely. I couldn't care less what he has done elsewhere, that is meaningless to me. Whether he's been a good player at A, B or C in a different league where the game is played in a different way and at a different pace is utterly useless information.

I've seen him in a Leicester shirt several times. For the most part, he's been completely ****ing lazy, he's got the very basics completely wrong and he's been a hopeless addition to the squad. He may get better, sure, but he'll need to get markedly better and quickly.

It is irreleavent. Completely. I couldn't care less what he has done elsewhere, that is meaningless to me. Whether he's been a good player at A, B or C in a different league where the game is played in a different way and at a different pace is utterly useless information.

I've seen him in a Leicester shirt several times. For the most part, he's been completely ****ing lazy, he's got the very basics completely wrong and he's been a hopeless addition to the squad. He may get better, sure, but he'll need to get markedly better and quickly.
The whole point is not at what club Soumare is good at but if Soumare is a good player or not, all I've said is he must have a decent player inside him as he won the French league making 32 appearances.
If he's rubbish at Leicester doesn't mean he's a poor player it just means he's not fitting into our system or league or Bodgers is playing him out of position and poorly coaching him.
He could quite easily go to another club and be excellent.

The whole point is not at what club Soumare is good at but if Soumare is a good player or not, all I've said is he must have a decent player inside him as he won the French league making 32 appearances.
If he's rubbish at Leicester doesn't mean he's a poor player it just means he's not fitting into our system or league or Bodgers is playing him out of position and poorly coaching him.
He could quite easily go to another club and be excellent.

A bit like Adrien Silva. Supposedly a quality player back home but didn't do much more than a couple of 2 yard passes and barely moved for us. Transferable skills n that.....genuinely can't work out how those skills worked in Portugal but maybe it's played at a walking pace.

A bit like Adrien Silva. Supposedly a quality player back home but didn't do much more than a couple of 2 yard passes and barely moved for us. Transferable skills n that.....genuinely can't work out how those skills worked in Portugal but maybe it's played at a walking pace.
At the moment Mbappe would be rubbish in a Leicester shirt. Bodgers would see to that.

At the moment Mbappe would be rubbish in a Leicester shirt. Bodgers would see to that.

I think it's more that some foreign leagues are like a totally different sport. I don't disagree that Silva and Soumare were probably good in another league but unfortunately the one we play in needs attributes they clearly don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566