Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2022/23 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a stoke supporting colleague who says Souttar is top class. He’ll be annoyed if they sell him.

Which is more reason for us to buy him as he has a weird hatred of lcfc.
Wonder if we have the same friend, my friend has hated Leicester ever since Gary Parker scored in the play off semi at there place, we were sat in the Stoke end when after Parker scored he turned to me and said if you say one word I'll shout out your a Leicester fan...

Kristiansen: 5½ year deal.

How many games do you think he'll play for Leicester City FC in the next 5½ years?

I believe there is some accountancy/ FFP trick now possible with contract lengths - from what I've heard, that's why Chelsea are handing out 7 to 8 year contracts to their new signings.

I believe there is some accountancy/ FFP trick now possible with contract lengths - from what I've heard, that's why Chelsea are handing out 7 to 8 year contracts to their new signings.
Yes, the fee I believe is spread along the term..

Yep since June 2022 the transfer fee paid is spread out over the length of the players contract, £17 million over 5 1/2 years is £257.5k monthly.
It's just another way to fudge FFP especially for the bigger clubs that are not in the top 4

I thought the regulations were a maximum 5 year contract? Has this changed or is there some loophole?

Makes it a lot harder for us to move on the absolute shit that we sign though when they are all on 5 year deals at 90k a week

A personal training session with Rodgers where you will end up in A&E with an ACL injury, Rodgers will drive you there himself as obviously it will be on a day with an Ambulance strike.
I was more hoping for a substantial amount of marbles. Won’t bother about guessing 3473 games then.

Makes it a lot harder for us to move on the absolute shit that we sign though when they are all on 5 year deals at 90k a week

Couldn't they be given a 7 year contract, with good terms for the first 5 years and a reduction for years 6 and 7? Would allow the club to spread the fee over 7 years, whilst incentivising the club to renew the contract at year 5 to retain the asset, or sell. Player would also have an incentive to earn the new contract, or move - hopefully avoiding a Vestergaard type situation.

Couldn't they be given a 7 year contract, with good terms for the first 5 years and a reduction for years 6 and 7? Would allow the club to spread the fee over 7 years, whilst incentivising the club to renew the contract at year 5 to retain the asset, or sell. Player would also have an incentive to earn the new contract, or move - hopefully avoiding a Vestergaard type situation.
Or give than a 25 year contract with years 3-25 being £1 a week that way we can buy Mbappe

Wonder if we have the same friend, my friend has hated Leicester ever since Gary Parker scored in the play off semi at there place, we were sat in the Stoke end when after Parker scored he turned to me and said if you say one word I'll shout out your a Leicester fan...
Not the same person. That means there are at least two Stoke City fans. surprising.

So adopting the American salary cap model and backloading or frontloading contracts as needed. Inevitable.
Yep. Americanisation isn’t a surprise, given the influence of owner on the Premier League these days. The surprise is probably that it has taken this long to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363