Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2022/23 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear that IF there is any truth in this, it means a big sale will also occur and the only name which comes to mind is "James Maddison".
Expect Soyuncu off the books this January, Perez too, possibly Vestergaard and Praet. That’s a lot of wages cleared off the decks. And there are still Fofana funds. None of that takes to account the other contracts winding up in the summer.

I also get the feeling the club might be ready to move on from Ndidi and Nacho but that’s just a hunch.

I’d be thrilled with that signing if we pulled it off. He’s class. Would make me feel a lot better about our long term prospects.

I think it’s going to be a really busy January.

Expect Soyuncu off the books this January, Perez too, possibly Vestergaard and Praet. That’s a lot of wages cleared off the decks. And there are still Fofana funds. None of that takes to account the other contracts winding up in the summer.

I also get the feeling the club might be ready to move on from Ndidi and Nacho but that’s just a hunch.

I’d be thrilled with that signing if we pulled it off. He’s class. Would make me feel a lot better about our long term prospects.

Surely not as busy as the reshuffle in the Summer.

Don’t we always say this though and then struggle to shift them all as they’re on good wages here?

I fear that IF there is any truth in this, it means a big sale will also occur and the only name which comes to mind is "James Maddison".
Don't believe Maddison will leave until the end of the season, if he actually does go!
And why would anyone want to pay money for Tielemans, when they get him for free in a few months time!

Because he could make a difference to their season?

Arsenal might think it's worth strengthening their squad if they're serious about challenging for the title.
And they might well secure him. If he has a blinder of a season from here, they may miss out.

Plus £15m or so isn't going to be big money in the scheme of things....if it even takes that much.

Because he could make a difference to their season?

Arsenal might think it's worth strengthening their squad if they're serious about challenging for the title.
Not only that, but anyone who wants him free will likely face stiff competition from several other top teams.

Interesting words from BR today about the January window. He very clearly stated that the club were working on signing a left back and right winger. They are the two obvious positions but the manager has never been quite so open before. That possibly suggests that he knows the club are quite advanced at both.

The main left back I've seen us linked with is Robin Gosens and the main right winger is Jeremie Boga on loan.

Interesting words from BR today about the January window. He very clearly stated that the club were working on signing a left back and right winger. They are the two obvious positions but the manager has never been quite so open before. That possibly suggests that he knows the club are quite advanced at both.

The main left back I've seen us linked with is Robin Gosens and the main right winger is Jeremie Boga on loan.

We've needed a right winger since before Ted joined. Gosens as a right winger it is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4467
8Coventry City4364