Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2022/23 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cue outcry from some Brexit enthusiasts about how we're trying to sign Alex Scott. Bloody everywhere she is, wokeness, no place for women in football blah blah blah.

I went to google alex Scott (as i know cock all about the one we're linked with). Was surprised to see she's actually older than me, which now makes this year feel even more of a pisser

I went to google alex Scott (as i know cock all about the one we're linked with). Was surprised to see she's actually older than me, which now makes this year feel even more of a pisser
She’s ****ing well fit, hope you’re keeping as tidy as she is.

I blame the weather. My tits aren't too bad though.
Hey I’d rather watch you try to read an autocue, so that’s something.

Left back . . . .

God I hope we make some good signings.

A proper left back would be a good start.

Left back, centre back and right winger seem like the priorities, although that list continues to grow due to growing injuries and declining ability of several first teamers.

I'd definitely like to see a keeper sign, but I don't think that is going to happen.

I don't quite understand how certain players are not demanding a move via a transfer request.

If I am Mendy or Nacho as an example I am not wasting my career like this.

I don't quite understand how certain players are not demanding a move via a transfer request.

If you are Mendy or Nacho you shouldn’t be posting here. Go burn your money on a fast car or something

I'd imagine that circa 70k a week for each of them eases the pain.

Most footballers look at their careers as a ten year or so money making exercise. That's certainly what their agents/advisors tell them. As long as they do enough to get the next contract, playing a major role isn't that important.

But neither ate getting PL football elsewhere. They'd have to go to a different country for regular top flight football and the pay days will therefore be smaller.

They're here until their contract ends and we inevitably offer them a new one, inexplicably.

Another article from Percy which pretty much says what we know already. It does look like his wage demands are what has put off clubs making offers and probably why we've been unable to get him to extend his contract.

I do still think that he's a young man in an old body. He's played more than most have in their early 30s. Although I'd love him to stay, this feels like heart ruling head and I can't help thinking that his next few years will see a lot of injuries and a steady decline.

Another article from Percy which pretty much says what we know already. It does look like his wage demands are what has put off clubs making offers and probably why we've been unable to get him to extend his contract.

I do still think that he's a young man in an old body. He's played more than most have in their early 30s. Although I'd love him to stay, this feels like heart ruling head and I can't help thinking that his next few years will see a lot of injuries and a steady decline.

Largely agree with all that but more than anything I think he deserves a move to a club moving in the right direction while his legs can hold up.

He was excellent last night - totally pointless, as he was surrounded by complete shite
Aside giving the ball away with a ridiculous straight ball pass (ala v Spuds in that game) which led to Harry Wilson getting a 1on1 with Danny Ward

Aside giving the ball away with a ridiculous straight ball pass (ala v Spuds in that game) which led to Harry Wilson getting a 1on1 with Danny Ward
And every other player on that pitch made a stupid error as well. He was still excellent. He was let down by Ndidi and Barnes pretending to be footballers.

Barnes is certainly in shocking form - at the worst possible time too.

Is it just form when he's been anonymous/awful for four out of five games now for 18 months?

He can still turn up but it is rare. I think he needs to work with a new manager. Wake him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566