Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2022/23 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes in terms of recruitment and that is exactly as it should be. We're on the 8th of the month and already we've got ****ing hysteria because we haven't yet signed anyone. Get to the 28th and that's a different story. As for outgoings, what would you like us to do? We have players on big wages that nobody wants or can afford. If there isn't the demand, they won't be going anywhere. That is a problem of our own making of course, but there is the square root of a Joey Essex braincell we can do about it now. Nobody is going to want Vestergaard, Nacho, Praet, Perez, etc simply because they either aren't good enough or because their wage demands will be too high for the types of clubs that might be interested in them.

Yes, we've painted ourselves into a corner but if you're expecting us to be able to wave a magic wand and get rid of a host of overplayed dross, well, it simply isn't going to happen. My guess is, if someone doesn't come in for Tielemans so we can get his wages off the books, then there may be one or two in at the very most. That deal could open up others.
Spot on. The recruitment team are bound to have plan A, B, C and any letter up to Z. This has to include players we'd like to sign but also a contingency if clubs don't want to sell the actual player e.g. Maddison and Newcastle. It will also contain a prioritisation on the outfield position e.g. a left back. We have spent an awful lot of money on players that haven't been good enough to displace first XI players plus they are on good contracts. In reality, we may have to wait till those out of contract free up the budget in the summer.

We are fortunate to have the owners we do, as opposed to those from the Middle East. They try to run the club equitably, fairly and on a financially stable footing. That, long term, is a far better place to be than monetising Saudi Arabian oil.

Didn't Vestergaard turn down Fulham at the beginning of the season because his wages were so much higher at Leicester, he chose to sit in the reserves rather than play 1st team football.

You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes in terms of recruitment and that is exactly as it should be. We're on the 8th of the month and already we've got ****ing hysteria because we haven't yet signed anyone. Get to the 28th and that's a different story. As for outgoings, what would you like us to do? We have players on big wages that nobody wants or can afford. If there isn't the demand, they won't be going anywhere. That is a problem of our own making of course, but there is the square root of a Joey Essex braincell we can do about it now. Nobody is going to want Vestergaard, Nacho, Praet, Perez, etc simply because they either aren't good enough or because their wage demands will be too high for the types of clubs that might be interested in them.

Yes, we've painted ourselves into a corner but if you're expecting us to be able to wave a magic wand and get rid of a host of overplayed dross, well, it simply isn't going to happen. My guess is, if someone doesn't come in for Tielemans so we can get his wages off the books, then there may be one or two in at the very most. That deal could open up others.
If we’re that well organised why can’t we get signings done on the third of the month?

Like many other clubs seem to manage?

If we’re that well organised why can’t we get signings done on the third of the month?

And many other clubs don't. There's also the reason I've already highlighted. And I didn't say we were super organised.

Other than that little lot, smashing post.

Many other clubs? Such as? Yes, clubs like Liverpool and Manchester City have players falling over themselves to go there. Let's not kid ourselves that we have the same pulling power.

It highlights how ****ing stupid we are

Signing him was one of the most inept decisions we've made in the transfer market. Spending £15m on a stop-gap who doesn't even fit our style of play. Surely this was a Rudkin decision? Rodgers has never been the slight bit interested in Vestergaard.

Many other clubs? Such as? Yes, clubs like Liverpool and Manchester City have players falling over themselves to go there. Let's not kid ourselves that we have the same pulling power.
Nobody is suggesting we have. I am saying we (should) have the same pulling power as Southampton, Brentford, and Leeds who have made signings.

Take, for instance, the Danish left-back we’re supposed interested in. Why weren’t we talking to his club well before January and finalizing a deal with them, or moving in if a deal couldn’t be made. Even if we couldn’t officially talk to the player and do the medical stuff until January 1st. The same goes for any other players that we have on our A, B, and C lists.

And yes, I have no idea about what’s going on behind the scenes. But 8 days into the transfer window and no signings would lead me to assume that no deals were put in place prior to January.

Nobody is suggesting we have. I am saying we (should) have the same pulling power as Southampton, Brentford, and Leeds who have made signings.

Take, for instance, the Danish left-back we’re supposed interested in. Why weren’t we talking to his club well before January and finalizing a deal with them, or moving in if a deal couldn’t be made. Even if we couldn’t officially talk to the player and do the medical stuff until January 1st. The same goes for any other players that we have on our A, B, and C lists.

And yes, I have no idea about what’s going on behind the scenes. But 8 days into the transfer window and no signings would lead me to assume that no deals were put in place prior to January.
It probably all hinges on players leaving first. We had Faes ready to go pretty much as soon as Fofana left.

Who's to say we are interested in this LB? You're falling into the trap of believing everything you read in the gutter press or on spurious websites. Maybe the players we want have already been identified and made aware but we are waiting for exits to choose which ones to go for.

Seriously, 8 days in and panic ensues. It's either ****ing funny, excruciatingly pathetic or both.

Seriously, 8 days in and panic ensues. It's either ****ing funny, excruciatingly pathetic or both.
I said Norm, own up, grow up or be something…. But don’t be a ****ing carpet all your life.

Harry Souttar. Yes please.

The club needs to do quite a bit of business this month. I had hoped a few bits and pieces would be addressed early, especially given our form, our contracts and our injuries.

It’s fair to be concerned we haven’t seen any pieces drop into place. We do look a little rudderless.

I don't think we will sign anyone until someone leaves 1st, 1) to free up wages 2) to make room in the squad.
The summer will see more movement with a number of players out of contract.

The club needs to do quite a bit of business this month. I had hoped a few bits and pieces would be addressed early, especially given our form, our contracts and our injuries.

It’s fair to be concerned we haven’t seen any pieces drop into place. We do look a little rudderless.

Should have been ready to go from first Jan - everyone knows where we need strengthening FFS

Should have been ready to go from first Jan - everyone knows where we need strengthening FFS
No because all the best clubs do their transfer business at the last second on the 30th, it’s madness to expect a functioning business to have some sort of actionable plan.

No because all the best clubs do their transfer business at the last second on the 30th, it’s madness to expect a functioning business to have some sort of actionable plan.
Said no one ever.

Like I say, you know **** all about the plans we have in place and the things that need to happen to action them.

Still, we haven't spent money on shit no one has heard of in the first week of the window so, guess we're relegated with Dyche around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363