The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

It's such a shame that this will be the ending to the amazing Leicester and Vardy story.

Although he's equally culpable as the rest of the them, it's still gutting that his final chapter here will be relegation.

It's possible we'll still have him next season, but unless he's willing to renegotiate significantly reduced terms then it will not be our choice to have him around.

I suspect he'll now take a final payday in the MLS.

It's such a shame that this will be the ending to the amazing Leicester and Vardy story.

Although he's equally culpable as the rest of the them, it's still gutting that his final chapter here will be relegation.

It's possible we'll still have him next season, but unless he's willing to renegotiate significantly reduced terms then it will not be our choice to have him around.

I think he'll stay no doubt. Play his part in trying to get us back up.

I'd sooner he left. Will be brutal to watch him over a 40+ match season as a 37 year old. And his wages are astronomical. He doesn't need this shit - he's earned a nice day in the sun somewhere.

I think he'll stay no doubt. Play his part in trying to get us back up.

You'd give around a third of our entire player wage budget (£7.25m) in the Championship to one 36/37 year old injury prone forward who has been next to useless all season?

It is impossible to keep Vardy at the club unless he's prepared to sacrifice 90% of his wage.

You'd give around a third of our entire player wage budget (£7.25m) in the Championship to one 36/37 year old injury prone forward who has been next to useless all season?

It is impossible to keep Vardy at the club unless he's prepared to sacrifice 90% of his wage.
Not a chance we will have a wage budget of £21.75m next year when we go down, it will be at least 3 times that, if not 5 which wouldn't be too different from what has been seen recently:

Although I do agree with Miles' post in that a 37/38 year old Vardy probably wouldn't work very well in the Championship.

We all just need to come to terms with the fact that our most successful era is now over. We can't try and do exactly what we did before (Pearson, Vardy et al) as it won't work again.

We need a complete reset and a fresh approach to hopefully begin a new successful era for us.

No reason to suggest we wouldn't go all out and go for promotion at the first attempt and just **** FFP like we did last time and pretty much every other team that has been promoted.

Not a chance we will have a wage budget of £21.75m next year when we go down, it will be at least 3 times that, if not 5 which wouldn't be too different from what has been seen recently:

Although I do agree with Miles' post in that a 37/38 year old Vardy probably wouldn't work very well in the Championship.

We all just need to come to terms with the fact that our most successful era is now over. We can't try and do exactly what we did before (Pearson, Vardy et al) as it won't work again.

We need a complete reset and a fresh approach to hopefully begin a new successful era for us.

No reason to suggest we wouldn't go all out and go for promotion at the first attempt and just **** FFP like we did last time and pretty much every other team that has been promoted.

I posted this a few weeks ago.

I think people need a reality check of what the extent of our impending disaster actually means.

Just one example. We have three strikers who are all under contract for next season (at least). This site (https://www.capology.com/club/leicester/salaries/) which I know won't be 100% accurate, says that Vardy is on £140k a week, Iheanacho £80k and Daka £75k.

That's over £15m to pay next year on just those three. For comparison, all three of them are earning more than any current Championship player. To stress this point further, a club like Blackburn (remember them) have a total salary cost from their entire squad of £8.4m.

Looking at the three relegated sides last season - Burnley have an entire wage bill of just over £23m, Norwich just over £22m and Watford just over £29m.

Our wage bill is more than £80m. EVERYONE WILL BE FOR SALE. We cannot afford any of them. It will be a squad of U21s, loans and those nobody else wants.

Of course, there could be something in their contracts that reduced their salary in the event of relegation. That would seem a sensible clause to as add.

I posted this a few weeks ago.
No doubting we will have to make major cutbacks as any relegated team would have to.

It won't be anywhere near as severe as you are alluding too though.

Depending on how much of a gamble our owners are willing to take, I'd expect our wage budget to be anywhere between £50-100 mill.

Loans are always the way to go to get out of this division and we would be a very good pick for an PL team wanting their best youngsters to get some experience at a lower level.

It won't be pretty but we're not at Nicky Sumerbee and Billy McKinlay levels of transfers just yet.

If we don't get promoted within 2 seasons, that's when things will start to get seriously worrying again.

Small snipet says keeping us up now would be the biggest achievement, bigger than the league win and FA Cup.

We need this man to write one final, heroic chapter to his incredible Leicester City story this weekend don't we?

Vardy scoring and keeping us in the league would be a brilliant climax to the Vardy story.

He could get a double hat-trick and we'd still go down.

Well, yes.

The real hero will be someone in the Bournemouth team. But for the Hollywood story, Vardy scoring our winning goal would be what matters.

I've put Maddison & Vardy in my FL team for the final day. May as well go out in defiance of logic. & you just never know...

I know we won’t be able to afford him but genuinely hope he either takes a pay cut and tries to help us back, retires, or goes to the MLS.

Really don’t want him joining another team.

Other than Stocksbridge Steels, that would be ok.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463