The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

Hopefully retires. He pretty much retired during the first 3 quarters of this season anyway. Will always be my favourite player of all time but don't get the slack he gets this season. If he'd been more arsed earlier we'd not be in this position. We can slag Brendan for not playing to his strengths bla bla bla but he was still missing piss easy chances

He's done feck all for 18 months now except let his wife embarrass him and everybody associated with him.

Great in his day but now he's just a drain on the clubs finances.

He’s not going to get another contract elsewhere like the one he’s got now. I know some might hope that he takes a pay cut, but he appears to have an expensive wife, so I can’t see that happening.

He’s not going to get another contract elsewhere like the one he’s got now. I know some might hope that he takes a pay cut, but he appears to have an expensive wife, so I can’t see that happening.
Nope. Our only chance is an MLS move with us funding a large portion of it.

Going in to a 46 game EFL season pinning our hopes on a striker who'll turn 37 halfway through would be utter madness. 2 games a week ? Not a prayer. He'll probably start no more than 20 games.

So, all that being said, he'll definitely be offered a 2 year contract extension sometime next week by the ****ing dickheads in charge of the club. Probably still be on the bench here when he's 45 & trying to pay for his divorce.

& some on here will still be saying he should start.

Going in to a 46 game EFL season pinning our hopes on a striker who'll turn 37 halfway through would be utter madness. 2 games a week ? Not a prayer. He'll probably start no more than 20 games.

So, all that being said, he'll definitely be offered a 2 year contract extension sometime next week by the ****ing dickheads in charge of the club. Probably still be on the bench here when he's 45 & trying to pay for his divorce.

& some on here will still be saying he should start.
Relax matey, if he stays he'll come on as a sub occasionally and bang a few in, even at his advanced age. He can still do it in the Championship.

But I don't think we're pinning our hopes on Vardy, surely we're looking to Hamza and whoever else is left for that...

Relax matey, if he stays he'll come on as a sub occasionally and bang a few in, even at his advanced age. He can still do it in the Championship.

But I don't think we're pinning our hopes on Vardy, surely we're looking to Hamza and whoever else is left for that...
I'll just remind you. We're run by clueless ****s. They'll appoint a clueless **** as manager in a few weeks. Zero faith in anything they do.

No doubt Vardy deserves a testimonial when he leaves but why the **** would it be against Glasgow Rangers? Surely Sheffield Wednesday or one of the giants of the game would be more apt?

Maybe a summer testimonial is part of a deal for him to retire before next season starts? Or take a pay cut, or something?

But Rangers would be an odd one so I'm most dubious.

Really enjoyed seeing the 'old' Jamie Vardy back and doing what he does best yesterday.
Fully involved, committed, running at defenders, pulling them away and creating space, scoring, and then taunting the opposition fans - he looks like he really enjoyed himself !

He’s 3rd on the all time scorers for us behind the two Arthurs… isn’t that just mind blowing as achievements go. The man. Always will be as far as I’m concerned.
To borrow a phrase Miles Away used yesterday, I get the warm and fuzzies every time he scores for us.

****ing legend. One of the best English strikers of all time and he’s done it for us during a time when players don’t tend to stick around…. AND he’s backed it up with trophies.

To borrow a phrase Miles Away used yesterday, I get the warm and fuzzies every time he scores for us.

****ing legend. One of the best English strikers of all time and he’s done it for us during a time when players don’t tend to stick around…. AND he’s backed it up with trophies.
He’s a ****ing god to me. He has bought me more enjoyment than any other player I can recall in 48 years.

Fans of ALL other clubs will wish he had played for them and not us. £1 million FFS, knocking on the door of 200 goals.

We will never appreciate fully his overall impact on this club for over a decade.

Irreplaceable.

I don't think we'll have someone who beats him for club legend status in my lifetime - and I'm younger than a lot of you!

Like others said, a Vardy goal even now brings extra good feeling compared to anyone else scoring for us. Hope he's still got at least a few more in him.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563