The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

He’s a ****ing god to me. He has bought me more enjoyment than any other player I can recall in 48 years.

Fans of ALL other clubs will wish he had played for them and not us. £1 million FFS, knocking on the door of 200 goals.

We will never appreciate fully his overall impact on this club for over a decade.

Irreplaceable.
Yet some were willing to “drive him there myself” when WBA and Tony pullis offered the princely sum of £5m!

Yet some were willing to “drive him there myself” when WBA and Tony pullis offered the princely sum of £5m!
Well hindsight is perfect, isn’t it.

At the time, even if some thought there might be a decent/good player in him, nobody could have imagined the icon he would become. And based on how he had performed for the club at that time, it wasn’t a ridiculous thing to say.

My favorite thing about his interview post-Southampton was him acknowledging that he needs to work on and improve playing with his back to goal. If, as Enzo said in his interview, probably the most important player, is working on improving his game after all he has achieved, there is no excuse for anyone else in the squad not to do the same.

I’ve said he is finished as a regular starter. If Enzo and Vardy have found a way for that not to be true, I’d be made up. Whatever his role in the team evolves to be, he is clearly a massively important part of what we will achieve this season.

There is no shame in being someone that took time to realise what Jamie Vardy could become. After all, it's rather well known that he was of the same opinion himself. He didn't think he was up to it here after his first season.

From his vicious assault of Man Utd when he announced himself in Sep 2014, for a good 7 and a half years, he was sensational. He led our disrespect of the established order. He broke records. He won trophies. He took the piss.

Last season was a sad sight. Like a Sinatra performance from the early 1990s. It was him but it wasn't him. We were willing him to reappear but his magic had gone. He appeared in all but one of our PL games last season and scored 3 times. It was apt and far from a coincidence that the end of a meaningful Vardy occurred at the same time as the end of a meaningful Leicester City.

It's almost nostalgia now to see him score as he did on Friday. Occasionally, in his latter years, Sinatra could still hit a note. But I still wouldn't start him at all. He's the past now. A wonderful, thrilling, past.

There is no shame in being someone that took time to realise what Jamie Vardy could become. After all, it's rather well known that he was of the same opinion himself. He didn't think he was up to it here after his first season.

From his vicious assault of Man Utd when he announced himself in Sep 2014, for a good 7 and a half years, he was sensational. He led our disrespect of the established order. He broke records. He won trophies. He took the piss.

Last season was a sad sight. Like a Sinatra performance from the early 1990s. It was him but it wasn't him. We were willing him to reappear but his magic had gone. He appeared in all but one of our PL games last season and scored 3 times. It was apt and far from a coincidence that the end of a meaningful Vardy occurred at the same time as the end of a meaningful Leicester City.

It's almost nostalgia now to see him score as he did on Friday. Occasionally, in his latter years, Sinatra could still hit a note. But I still wouldn't start him at all. He's the past now. A wonderful, thrilling, past.
Well, you carry on with your opinion and others can carry on with theirs.

FWIW, his pace must have diminished a little but does he really need it in this system? He is a natural goal scorer, 170+ goals confirms this.

It is getting a tad tiresome singling out players performances from last season as if they were the exception.

I can’t think of a single player who performed well or even adequately over last season, perhaps this is why we got relegated?

How much of last season was playing him incorrectly? He looks a different man at the moment.

How much of last season was playing him incorrectly? He looks a different man at the moment.
No, he’s finished. BN has decreed it so. Anyone else who doesn’t agree is just some sort of sentimental idiot, living in the past.

Vardy’s link up play was great on Friday, lots of first touch lay offs and coming short to create space for the wingers.

Hopefully what’s needed of him has clicked and he will help lead the line for us and a few goals to finish off an amazing career at Leicester.

He's done far more in his few minutes this season than Iheanacho could in his many. Perhaps had he started more games last season, not been shoehorned into a ludicrous system and not had to play up front with a complete shit midfield behind him most of the time (without any width whatsoever) we'd have been okay. He was outstanding all game on Friday because he was given the chance to be. His movement, his vision and, quite frankly, his pace, was still incredibly problematic for Southampton to try and deal with.

You see what you want to. The rest of us will rely on what's real.

God what I would give not to need a piss at 3am.

FWIW, holding it on is no longer an option unless you want to wake up performing front crawl.
Lightweight. You wait till it’s 1am, 3am, 5am . Followed by a fist full of diuretics at 6 am to keep you on your toes till noon

England and Leicester striker Jamie Vardy admitted to using snus in his 2016 autobiography, saying that it helped him to “chill out”, but then revealed that he had stopped taking it due to the adverse reaction.

“I had to kick it because you lot made a big deal about it so I don’t think I’ll be getting pictured with them again,” he told reporters in 2018. “There’s nothing wrong with them. I thought ‘I don’t need the hassle’.”

That can’t be true, he plays on the last man while we hit teams on the fast break, or something like that.
Exactly. The guy who wrote that clearly hasn't listened to the experts on the BBC or Sky. Idiot!

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563