The King Power Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't help wishing we were back where blackpool are

You'd rather be in the Premiership than the Championship?!

We don't own the thing anyway!

I've only ever heard it referred to as The Walkers, Filbo, Filbert Way etc anyway.

I don't think we're all going to start calling it the KING POWER STADIUM now are we? There are some ridiculous stadium names but they don't get used.

It's similar to the divisions. As far as I'm concerned we're in THE CHAMPIONSHIP, not the NPOWER WHATEVER CHAMPIONSHIP

That's very different, as it's a lot easier to miss off the sponsor's name. We can't just now call it 'The Stadium"

Last edited:
Don King (Boxing promoter, so that he can arrange for us to play Hinckley Athletic fourty six times a year
Who?

You've obviously put a lot of effort in there, so I won't say anything disparaging about how shit they are. I promise.
Can you at least point out that the gag, if that is indeed what it's masquerading as, doesn't make any sense whatsoever?

There are unsubstantiated rumours that the capacity will increase to 42,000. :102:

There are unsubstantiated rumours that the capacity will increase to 42,000. :102:

Seems a bit pointless at the minute! Good long term if we go up though.

I'd hope as well to increase the capacity, they'd buy the stadium back as well. Would they be allowed to increase the capacity at the moment since we don't technically own it?

MM has talked in the past about increasing the capacity but only once we are established in the Premier League.

That's very different, as it's a lot easier to miss off the sponsor's name. We can't just now call it 'The Stadium"

It's not very different at all (but you are a marketer's dream!)

No one is suggesting we call it 'The Stadium' and many more assertive, enterprising and intelligent fans have managed to come up with their own agreeable alternatives, as I've outlined in my previous post.

I could probably reel off 10 or so examples of ridiculously named sponsored stadia and then what many fans of the respective clubs choose to call them instead but I really can't be bothered in reinforcing this basic concept for you, suffice to say I don't think we'll all be calling it the King Power Stadium any more than we refer to Leicester City Football Club as Leicester City Football Club Starting Again Phew That Was Close No. 1 Ltd.

Getting totally pissed off with the way football is going now. I was always a bit sceptical from the sidelines but now it seems my club is losing it's identity as well.

Let's just hope these 'non football' people don't want to change the name of the club.

Last edited:
Getting totally pissed off with the way football is going now. I was always a bit sceptical from the sidelines but now it seems my club is losing it's identity as well.

Let's just hope these 'non football' people don't want to change the name of the club.

I don't dispute that the club has lost and is losing some of its identity, but thats been going on for years.

The changing of the name of the stadium from one brand (Walkers, owned by PepsiCo) to King Power really makes no odds!

I cannot see what the problem is. The nexus point for owners and fans is to see City do well. :102:

Last edited:
Can't we? Can we still call it 'the ground'?

No! Show due deference and call it the KING POWER STADIUM (Where great booze costs less!)

I mean, you did use to call it the City Stadium right? (it just happened to be on Filbert Street).

I cannot see what the problem is. The nexus point for owners and fans is to see City do well. :102:

But what about the name of the ground?????

Won't somebody PLEASE think about the name of the ground?????

Reminds me of when someone offered me £2million to change the name of a property I live in, which I don't even own. Of course nobody would ever have used the new name, since the property already has an address which people tend to use. I told them to sling their hook though, after all, that pile of bricks and mortar which I don't even own constitutes 100% of my identity! I can't just have the name changed!!!!!

They'll be rebranding the Fosse Boys 'The King Power Singers' next.

It's truly outrageous.

They'll be rebranding the Fosse Boys 'The King Power Singers' next.

It's truly outrageous.

Someone should get appropriately angry about this and get every dullard they know to sign a petition (perhaps twice, I mean everyone can think of a fake name, right?)

If there's not at least 25 painfully badly spelt facebook groups about this by 6pm tonight I'm going to make a banner out of my best bed sheet. I was there campaigning for Pierpoint/GO4 to go, MON to stay, Birch to stay and I'm not about to miss out on getting overexcited over nothing again!

Someone should get appropriately angry about this and get every dullard they know to sign a petition (perhaps twice, I mean everyone can think of a fake name, right?)

Ian Marshall? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670