The King Power Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a slight difference here. Walkers is a brand firmly associated with Leicester and is a local firm.

Why do people honestly gives a f*** about that though? Naming rights are naming rights...Walkers mean nothing to the history of our club in my opinion,as many have said elsewhere they are hardly a small, local family brand these days

I think there's a slight difference here. Walkers is a brand firmly associated with Leicester and is a local firm.

I did not notice any furore a few years ago when LG gave us a tidy wedge to put their logo on our shirts.

Why do people honestly gives a f*** about that though? Naming rights are naming rights...Walkers mean nothing to the history of our club in my opinion,as many have said elsewhere they are hardly a small, local family brand these days

I dunno, it doesn't bother me that much but I can see the point of view. As daft as folk are, just having a British sponsor name stadium would appease folk more than King Power.

I dunno, it doesn't bother me that much but I can see the point of view. As daft as folk are, just having a British sponsor name stadium would appease folk more than King Power.

It would have to be a cool British sponsor though, remember all the toys that were flying out of many many prams when Topps Tiles were announced?

It would have to be a cool British sponsor though, remember all the toys that were flying out of many many prams when Topps Tiles were announced?

I remember the bird with the big jugs who modelled the shirt.

Nice.

So if Emirates came calling you'd tell them to stuff their millions?

There are unsubstantiated rumours that the capacity will increase to 42,000. :102:

Its on the front page of the Mockery, not that that makes it substantiated...

Like Durex or Kleenex

As has been mentioned elsewhere, they're just a division of Pepsico and have been for years. That's an American company of course, and therefore the devil incarnate. Surely better to have friendly Thais than nasty Americans... no? Or does national stereotype not come into it suddenly?

I'm actually quite pleased about all this. Finally there's some waking up and smelling the coffee going on in Leicester.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, they're just a division of Pepsico and have been for years. That's an American company of course, and therefore the devil incarnate. Surely better to have friendly Thais than nasty Americans... no? Or does national stereotype not come into it suddenly?

I'm actually quite pleased about all this. Finally there's some waking up and smelling the coffee going on in Leicester.

I say old bean, we still wake up and smell good old Tea from the Empire. None of that fancy American coffee bean nonsense over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669