The lure of the Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love us to stay up but going down has the bonus that I may get to watch my team in person again and without having to jump through hoops and solves riddles. To be in the top flight is what every club should want but it comes with a lot of shit that puts me off modern football.

If the premier league is not the place to be or aspire to be then the sensible thing to do would be to create closed divisions with no promotion or relegation, right?

This would make attending a football match pointless.

From a sporting perspective I want us to play at the highest level possible. From a supporting perspective I had more fun in the Championship. Obviously winning games has a lot to do with that but I also miss things like regular midweek evening kick offs, not being surrounded by people turning up to watch the opposition, and relatively easy access to away tickets.

That said, last night was the most fun I had in ages. Mostly due to the laughs we got out of Jeff Schlupp, bless him, being completely thick and other examples of gallows humour which are now starting to come to the fore.

From a sporting perspective I want us to play at the highest level possible. From a supporting perspective I had more fun in the Championship. Obviously winning games has a lot to do with that but I also miss things like regular midweek evening kick offs, not being surrounded by people turning up to watch the opposition, and relatively easy access to away tickets.

Returning to the Champnioship this season has been utter gash. No upside at all.

Did your ST's stay the same price or go down? More matches innit.
I was on the 5 year Ridsdale deal anyway so no change.

More matches does not equate to better value.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670