The Mahrez Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people willing to accept he's just ****ed off on his own authority now or are you still sitting on the fence?
I’m agnostic about whether he even exists, honestly. Even though I’ve seen someone called Riyad Mahrez play, I don’t accept that there’s enough evidence that a real person called Riyad Mahrez exists. I think LCFC are trying to get 90 million quid for nowt.

I also hope we name the player/s Man City were prepared offer us to sweeten the deal .... hope it upsets said player/s.

I attended a business dinner in Manchester last night ...the Man City player that was discussed as part of the deal was Patrick Roberts currently on loan at Celtic .. a player with good potential apparently.

For everyday he misses training put his "summer valuation" up £500,000 , see what hes like when nobody comes in for him

We now enter the bad attitude and play like shit phase, followed by the move to Man City in the summer for £50M phase.

I attended a business dinner in Manchester last night ...the Man City player that was discussed as part of the deal was Patrick Roberts currently on loan at Celtic .. a player with good potential apparently.

Pep didn't want him to be part of the deal but we did apparently.

Are people willing to accept he's just ****ed off on his own authority now or are you still sitting on the fence?
Erm.... The facts that we know haven't changed. I don't remember Puel saying 'He ****ed off on his own authority' in his exquisite French accent.

Hes one of the best players we've ever had in terms of ability, hes also possibly the mardiest, most disrespectful selfish **** we've ever had. Personally I cant wait to get rid but still think we should play hard ball on this, **** him if he wastes two and a half years of his career being a mardy arse. Don't see why we should sell him for less than hes worth. We're in the top 20 richest clubs in the world and don't need to accept a bad offer just because hes pulling a hissyfit. We owe him **** all, we pay him to do a job - nobs like Danny Murphy go on like he won us the title single handedly or something.

It's a no win situation.
He can't pretend he wants to play for us as he's asked to leave twice, and we can't accept £60m for Mahrez when Man City have just signed a shit centre half the same day for £57m and Virgil can Dyke goes for £75m.
No one at the point was in the wrong, but he has crossed a line by effectively going on strike after that. It could cost us 6 points and a European place.
Not turning up for the following two games should get 2 weeks wages fine per game missed. Disrespectful and he should be rightly told so by the team.

In spite of what we read in the press there is no way in hell he is going to be well received by the rest of the players.

I would imagine a few of them are fuming with him and will tell him to **** off, and quite rightly so.

Erm.... The facts that we know haven't changed. I don't remember Puel saying 'He ****ed off on his own authority' in his exquisite French accent.

Lovely stuff

Hes one of the best players we've ever had in terms of ability, hes also possibly the mardiest, most disrespectful selfish **** we've ever had. Personally I cant wait to get rid but still think we should play hard ball on this, **** him if he wastes two and a half years of his career being a mardy arse. Don't see why we should sell him for less than hes worth. We're in the top 20 richest clubs in the world and don't need to accept a bad offer just because hes pulling a hissyfit. We owe him **** all, we pay him to do a job - nobs like Danny Murphy go on like he won us the title single handedly or something.

The whole 'he's won Leicester the title' Bollocks is starting to piss me off.

He also won himself the title, a Premier League winners medal.

The saddest thing about it is that we won the league as a team, more so than any of the mega rich teams that won it before us, didn't take these useless wankers long to forget that.

Listen to what your mother said, Riyad! (back in 2016)

5008FB1D-E5EB-4800-A514-C97F293F0253.jpeg

The whole 'he's won Leicester the title' Bollocks is starting to piss me off.

He also won himself the title, a Premier League winners medal.

The saddest thing about it is that we won the league as a team, more so than any of the mega rich teams that won it before us, didn't take these useless wankers long to forget that.
Jermaine Jenas was on 5live earlier parroting the Danny Murphy line, "he's outgrown Leicester". It's just lazy punditry. What they really mean, but haven't got the balls to say, is, "know your place Leicester, he's too good for the likes of you". How come footballers are allowed to grow, but football clubs aren't? It wasn't that long ago that Man City were slumming it in League One.

Football clubs tend to have a longer lifespan than an individual player’s career. A Leicester City can gradually improve itself over decades, whereas Riyad Mahrez has a very short window to maximise his earnings and potential. Building not just a team but a club to the level at which they can attract established players of the standard of Mahrez takes time. If you were one of the best at your job and know you could earn three times as much elsewhere, why would you ever want to stay?

Regarding the timing of this story.

I can't remember the exact details but in the summer there were rumors that we'd had a bid rejected. It turns out it had happened weeks before the story had made into the general press.

Got me thinking about one of stories coming out over the last few weeks. The man city 'we can't afford to spend £90m on one player'. Which makes me wonder how much of this happened on deadline day and how much is this Sky Sports (and football media in general) needing a deadline day story to grab the public interest. Maybe I'm just being cynical but is it feasible this all happened nit long after Sanhrez went to man u and there were very few conversations on deadline day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566