The manager search - what a way to run a football club!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like as has been said gregs has said not, he's not convinced by other name so he's carrying on looking.

Milan just give Larry a call for christ sake.

Looks like this may not be quite done & dusted?

Mandaric - Decision Soon
Posted on: Mon 16 Jun 2008
Leicester City Chairman Milan Mandaric remains optimistic that he will be in a position to unveil the club's new manager "by the end of the week".

In-depth interviews with candidates are still ongoing as the Foxes chief considers his best possible options before announcing Ian Holloway's successor.

He said: "This is a massive decision and I certainly won't be rushed into making an announcement.

"I am leaving no stone unturned in my quest to fill the managerial vacancy. I have to know that we are bringing the right person to this football club.

"I had hoped to have someone in place by now, but it looks as though the search could go on until the end of this week.

"But I can reassure supporters that I will make the best decision for this football club.

"If we are going to succeed as a club then it is important that we remain united. I will give my full support to the new manager and I am sure our fans will also.

"Our season ticket sales remain in line with that of last season which says it all to me. The supporters have shown tremendous loyalty. They have rolled their sleeves up and got on with it. That's the sort of attitude that will get us out of this division."

Last edited:
Hasn't that same article been used about three or four times since Mandaric bought the club? I swear that they have just changed the date.

He's struggling to find someone to work with him. What a complete bell-end he is.

Looks like this may not be quite done & dusted?

Mandaric - Decision Soon
Posted on: Mon 16 Jun 2008
Leicester City Chairman Milan Mandaric remains optimistic that he will be in a position to unveil the club's new manager "by the end of the week".

In-depth interviews with candidates are still ongoing as the Foxes chief considers his best possible options before announcing Ian Holloway's successor.

He said: "This is a massive decision and I certainly won't be rushed into making an announcement.

"I am leaving no stone unturned in my quest to fill the managerial vacancy. I have to know that we are bringing the right person to this football club.

"I had hoped to have someone in place by now, but it looks as though the search could go on until the end of this week.

"But I can reassure supporters that I will make the best decision for this football club.

"If we are going to succeed as a club then it is important that we remain united. I will give my full support to the new manager and I am sure our fans will also.

"Our season ticket sales remain in line with that of last season which says it all to me. The supporters have shown tremendous loyalty. They have rolled their sleeves up and got on with it. That's the sort of attitude that will get us out of this division."

Awesome, now I can go back to my revision and not be distracted by the possibility of news today. From tomorrow, I can speculate and rumour all I like!

Not necessarily - a copper would use it to avoid introducing hearsay evidence. I use it because I just don't want you to know that MM rang me this morning and brought me up-to-date.

Seriously, I am confident that my information is as nearly the real situation as you will get.

Club statement backs up your insider information,nice work Boc!

Excuse the leg-pull and keep the sauce warm for later....

Surely Newell, Coterill, Lambert, Penney etc.. would be interested

Newell is never going to get on/last with Mandaric even though he would probably do a good job. The others just don't strike me as Mandaric-type managers...I think thats ultimately what counts against Grayson as well. I think to get this job all you need to do is turn up, say a bunch of odd phrases, make Mandaric laugh in the interview and he'll automatically employ you on the assumption that you are the next Harry Redknapp.

Last edited:
Just a thought...Gregory needed to raise his severley diminished profile and turns down a job he was never really up for.

Grecian Gregory is back in the headlines (well in a lower league fashion, anyway) profile suitably raised and we are still without a manager with an even more unattractive postion on offer than before, if that was possible.

Get someone in who wants the job? Not that simple with our recent track record is it Milan?

Just a thought...Gregory needed to raise his severley diminished profile and turns down a job he was never really up for.

Grecian Gregory is back in the headlines (well in a lower league fashion, anyway) profile suitably raised and we are still without a manager with an even more unattractive postion on offer than before, if that was possible.

Get someone in who wants the job? Not that simple with our recent track record is it Milan?

Maybe the HR department just sent him Darren Moore's contract in the post by mistake...

Why don't the sad old bastard just admit that nobody wants it instead of coming out with all this horseshit about getting the right man and not being rushed,you have had more than long enough you dithering old fecker

Why don't the sad old bastard just admit that nobody wants it instead of coming out with all this horseshit about getting the right man and not being rushed,you have had more than long enough you dithering old fecker

Indeed - his humiliation couldn't get much greater, really

Turned down by John 'that bastard' Gregory, and going crawling on his hands and his knees to someone he clearly thought wasn't up to the task this time last year

He might as well come out and say that no one (competent) will work with him 'cos he's a raving nutcase, and so now he's resorting to begging

Absolutely spot on HF :038::038:

Indeed - his humiliation couldn't get much greater, really

Turned down by John 'that bastard' Gregory, and going crawling on his hands and his knees to someone he clearly thought wasn't up to the task this time last year

He might as well come out and say that no one (competent) will work with him 'cos he's a raving nutcase, and so now he's resorting to begging
I wonder if we are on the cusp of people demanding that he fecks off? :102:

I'd imagine there aren't many who don't totally agree with the sentiments you expressed, H.

Its more the way he comes out withall the crap rather than just admitting he can't get anybody.If John Gregory turns you down you really are up Shitcreek without a paddle

Its more the way he comes out withall the crap rather than just admitting he can't get anybody.If John Gregory turns you down you really are up Shitcreek without a paddle

No. That would apply if Dave Bassett turned you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669