the met

Status
Not open for further replies.
but he wasn't, I dont think you have a full grasp of the facts here.

He wasn't what? My view his simple if my Boss tells me to shoot then I shoot until he orders me to then I don't .Its not complicated.In the same way if my Boss,if I had one,tells me to do a task then I do it.I don't need the full facts it seems quite simple to me.An innocent man was murdered,you can dress it up all you like:icon_roll:icon_roll:icon_roll

You're going to have to explain that one DF.
Are you suggesting it was in his job description to kill someone??? :102:

The Met gave him a gun as part of an armed response team. I would have expected it to have been covered yes. Would you not?

He wasn't what? My view his simple if my Boss tells me to shoot then I shoot until he orders me to then I don't .Its not complicated.In the same way if my Boss,if I had one,tells me to do a task then I do it.I don't need the full facts it seems quite simple to me.An innocent man was murdered,you can dress it up all you like:icon_roll:icon_roll:icon_roll

You wont see my point of view, theres no point in continuing this.

I do prefer to make my judgements based on a reasonable grasp of the facts yes.

But believe it or not Durham your judgement,and I know this might be hard for you to believe,might just be wrong.Even mine is occasionally

The Met gave him a gun as part of an armed response team. I would have expected it to have been covered yes. Would you not?

You asked your 'killer' question "shoot or don't shoot", I answered it.
Then you said that I should expect to go to jail for that.

I don't understand your logic.

The Met gave him a gun but they didn't give him a 007 licence to kill.

So you wouldnt be equally as outraged as you are now if someone could have saved the lives of hundreds but chose not to??

If I was told by my Senior to shoot I would,I am not blaming the Gunman,why can't you see that or perhaps you choose not to

Whoever made the dicision, do you believe their thought process was "I know this man is innocent but i really want to kill someone, he will do!" ?

You're going to have to explain that one DF.
Are you suggesting it was in his job description to kill someone??? :102:

Yes its in the job description. i posted earlier the training they recieve. with suicide bombers, you keep pulling the trigger untill you are 100% sure they are dead. The orders were to kill, there is no other way to stop a suicide bomber.

If your opinion is formed without a grasp of them I am not going to start now

ive just read them from the link steven has posted and im amazed actually they basically followed someone who looked like there suspect but wasnt sure :tumbleweed:

The officers would have been well aware that they were expected to kill. if they had not, and people died, would you have said they did the right thing?

ive just read them from the link steven has posted and im amazed actually they basically followed someone who looked like there suspect but wasnt sure :tumbleweed:

Should they have let him go?

Can you explain that Steven?

These are simply criminal acts and should be dealt with according to the Law. To do otherwise breathes life into the extremist and fans the flames of hatred and lunacy.

The world is no safer now because summary justice to save the "thousands" of potential victims lead to an innocent man getting shot. :icon_conf

FFs YV they just made a mistake,they are only human like the rest of us:icon_roll:icon_roll

Should they have let him go?

well maybe if the surveillance officer wasnt having a piss he mightve got a proper id on the suspect and surely if theyve been doing a proper surveillance then ivor wouldve known what the real suspect looked like and wouldve noticed that they had the wrong target when he was sat close to the victim :102:

These are simply criminal acts and should be dealt with according to the Law. To do otherwise breathes life into the extremist and fans the flames of hatred and lunacy.

The world is no safer now because summary justice to save the "thousands" of potential victims lead to an innocent man getting shot. :icon_conf

Does the same apply to every innocent person that has died in any other warzone?

well maybe if the surveillance officer wasnt having a piss he mightve got a proper id on the suspect and surely if theyve been doing a proper surveillance then ivor wouldve known what the real suspect looked like and wouldve noticed that they had the wrong target when he was sat close to the victim :102:

you make it sound so easy....

So you wouldnt be equally as outraged as you are now if someone could have saved the lives of hundreds but chose not to??

He didn't save lives at all.

Whoever made the dicision, do you believe their thought process was "I know this man is innocent but i really want to kill someone, he will do!" ?

Yes its in the job description. i posted earlier the training they recieve. with suicide bombers, you keep pulling the trigger untill you are 100% sure they are dead. The orders were to kill, there is no other way to stop a suicide bomber.

He wasn't a suicide bomber & had not been identified as Osman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00