The Natives are restless....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I think last night was the straw that broke the camels back, there is a lot of posters across all the message boards who seemed to have been swayed by last nights team selection, tactics and post match interview.

I shall watch the match, support the team as usual, then do a peaceful sit-in at The Vaults, whilst nursing a post-victory pint.;)

I don't think we need an organised protest.

If we fail to win 1 of the next 2 matches then I reckon the Spurs game could see the end of CL. How many have bought tickets?

What should be a money spinner for the club could turn out to be a televised nightmare. Don't have any knowledge on sales figures but surely all 15,000 ST holders aren't up for more of the same?

Last edited:
newtonfox said:
lol

what about cl giving us fans a chance to rip him apart in a question time thing at the walkers

I'm sure he'd be terrified.:icon_roll

I dont see the point in protesting. If you feel so strongly about the situation at the club then stay away. Im not saying stay away in the sense that I dont want to listen to your booing or negative comments whilst I support my team, which incidently I dont. Im saying stay away as that is the ONLY way the board will sit up and take notice. If the attendance continues to fall, the gate reciepts will drop which will flick a little switch inside there heads which says that something is wrong. Football, no matter how you look at it, is big business. Business's are run by people that are interested in making money. If the opportunity to make money is reduced then a businessman will seek to identify and rectify the problem.

Macky said:
i couldnt bothered trying to read thru the posts on an old-style board like that , site is very slow loading as well.

what are they planning??

The words 'Organise' 'piss-up' 'Brewery' 'in' 'Couldn't' 'a'' and 'a' spring to mind Macky

Just got back from 10 days away and I haven't got time to address half the twaddle that has been written on here since last night's game.

FACT: Reading had won 10 of their 12 home games before last night.

FACT: They had scored 30 goals in those 12 games.

FACT: Only 7 of their 12 opponents have managed to score against them.

FACT: Only one team has taken a point off them at the Madejski since the opening day of the season.

FACT: We didn't do worse than most of the others!

Now about the team selection - could it be that CL was looking at the 4 games in 8 days rather than just atb this one particular game? Could it be that he thought we had more chance of taking points in the *whole* of the 4 games if he mounted a 'damage limitation' exercise last night? If we have no chance of winning a game, what's wrong with saving some key players for games that we can win.

And I have still not seen any consensus from the "CL must go" brigade about who we should get next, whether we can actually attract that person and how long they will give them to get City into the Champions League!!

bocadillo said:
Just got back from 10 days away and I haven't got time to address half the twaddle that has been written on here since last night's game.

FACT: Only one team has taken a point off them at the Madejski since the opening day of the season.

Now about the team selection - could it be that CL was looking at the 4 games in 8 days rather than just atb this one particular game? Could it be that he thought we had more chance of taking points in the *whole* of the 4 games if he mounted a 'damage limitation' exercise last night? If we have no chance of winning a game, what's wrong with saving some key players for games that we can win.

And I have still not seen any consensus from the "CL must go" brigade about who we should get next, whether we can actually attract that person and how long they will give them to get City into the Champions League!!

I posted something very similar earlier today Boc but theres a big Up-Rising,The Prophets of Doom are taking hold..:icon_conf :102:

Got your Snow yet?

Last edited:
bocadillo said:

going into a game with the attitude of damage limitation is not the attitude that the club needs right now, and certainly not he attitude that paying fans want. Craig should be installing some fight into the team, not teaching them to roll over and play dead.

And i don't think anyone on here expects champions league, or even promotion for that matter, but we do expect to be higher than 20th and we do expect to 'Compete' with anyone in this division.

If the manager doesn't think we can compete that is enough for me to think he should go. its his team that he has no confidence in after all.

Last edited:
Feriol said:
going into a game with the attitude of damage limitation is not the attitude that the club needs right now, and certainly not he attitude that paying fans want. Craig should be installing some fight into the team, not teaching them to roll over and play dead.

And i don't think anyone on here expects champions league, or even promotion for that matter, but we do expect to be higher than 20th and we do expect to 'Compete' with anyone in this division.

If the manager doesn't think we can compete that is enough for me to think he should go. its his team that he has no confidence in after all.

Wtf do paying fans know about anything?

We were never really in with a chance of winning yesterday, so why all this when we lose?

a team in 20th position playing the runaway leaders would surely go into a game with damage limitation in mind

bocadillo said:
Wtf do paying fans know about anything?

We were never really in with a chance of winning yesterday, so why all this when we lose?

... because we rolled over and played dead even before we set foot on the coach ... :icon_conf :icon_conf :eek: :icon_wink ;)

highland fox said:
Got your Snow yet?

1.5 days of chaos, but the roads are all clear now. Still plenty on the roffs and in the fields though. Saw a snowman with a big willie this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669