The Official "Holy Shit, Pearson is Going to Boro" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boro have alread said the timing was based on the availbility of their replacement, so it's a done deal whoever is coming in.

hes joint second favourite with the bookies according to ssn...

According to their own SkyBet system he is joint 3rd favourite, behind Strachan and Keegan. However looking at the odds difference, 1/6 for Strachan and 5/1 Keegan I think it's pretty obvious where their money is going.

According to their own SkyBet system he is joint 3rd favourite, behind Strachan and Keegan. However looking at the odds difference, 1/6 for Strachan and 5/1 Keegan I think it's pretty obvious where their money is going.

Clearly the word around is that it's Strachan - and may be a done deal with Gibson certain he had his man before shafting Southgate.

However, I still think that if Pearson gets the nod then he would walk out on Leicester. That's the way the managerial game works. If on the otherhand he doesn't get the nod then Mandy will understandably go to dinner on retaining Pearson using it as further evidence that Leicester are on the up.

However, I still think that if Pearson gets the nod then he would walk out on Leicester. That's the way the managerial game works. If on the otherhand he doesn't get the nod then Mandy will understandably go to dinner on retaining Pearson using it as further evidence that Leicester are on the up.

Just for the record, I think you're wrong :icon_bigg

It's not NP, I think Steve Gibson had already hired the replacement who was/is free from contract elsewhere. Got to be Strachan IMO.

It's not NP, I think Steve Gibson had already hired the replacement who was/is free from contract elsewhere. Got to be Strachan IMO.

Gibson statement clearly suggests he had a deal in place with someone, if it is NP he has tapped him up illegally. Obviously that would never happen.

This whole thread is a complete over reaction.

Calm the **** down.

I don't think Gibson or the Boro fans would see NP as a big enough name anyway. They will go for Strachan or some other manager, not necessarily beacuae they are better than NP but because they have a bigger profile and have managed in the top flight and maybe in Europe.

Personally I don't think Strachan is a very good manager at all so I hope they get him.

Just for the record, I think you're wrong :icon_bigg

Won't be for the first time.

However. any player and any manager will move if the deal is right. And I happen to think that NP would see this one as a potentially better deal.

That said, it sounds like it's Strachan in this instance. But as I have said many times the only loyalty in the professional game comes from the fans.

Some people - not necessarily you -are deluded that some managers and players are also into the loyalty thing - in reality it's a career thing to them.

Won't be for the first time.

However. any player and any manager will move if the deal is right. And I happen to think that NP would see this one as a potentially better deal.

Why do you think NP would want to move to Boro?

How would it improve his career?

Boro are no bigger than us in terms of stadium or facilities?

Their 'loyal fans appear to be shit.

Apart from parachute payments do they have lots more money than us?

Oh yes, and they have a chairman that will sack you if you are only second in the league!

Why do you think NP would want to move to Boro?

How would it improve his career?

Boro are no bigger than us in terms of stadium or facilities?

Their 'loyal fans appear to be shit.

Apart from parachute payments do they have lots more money than us?

Oh yes, and they have a chairman that will sack you if you are only second in the league!

If Pearson is offered a deal by Boro, that he perceives to be a better deal than the one that he currently has, he will be gone in a heartbeat.
Don't kid yourself thinking anything different.

Gibson is arguably one of the best chairmen in the country. He supports his managers with cash and gives them time to build a team. Over the last 15 years they have had 3 managers: Robson, McLaren and Southgate. How many have we had?

The reason he has sacked Southgate even though Boro are 4th in the table is because Southgate had lost the support of the fans and once that happens it is always going to end badly. It would have been the same situation here if Holloway had stayed last season. The first game we would have lost people would have wanted him to go!!

As for NP I have to agree with Macky, if somebody come is and offers you more cash and a bigger transfer budget then you are going to go. Luckily for us it looks like Strachan is nailed on to get the job before the weekend.

Strachs not a bad appointment.

Everybody wins ! :icon_bigg

I had to grow up around Covscum fans banging on about their absolutely endless run in the Premiership/top division, even though they only escaped relegatation on the final day every season.

It was Strachan who finally put them out their misery, so to me he will always be a legend :icon_wink Hope he does well there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566