The Official "Holy Shit, Pearson is Going to Boro" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think keeping Pearson on the pay roll is much more important than adding Edgar Davids to it so it's nice to hear the chairman put out a formal 'hands off' to Middlesboro'. As has been mentioned I think they may have gotten a little too big for their boots with this sacking. I think the ideal appointment for them now would be Alan Curibshley. I think bringing in Strachan would be a disaster in the making for them.

I think bringing in Strachan would be a disaster in the making for them.

Then let them take Strachan.

If you sack the manager when you're just 1 point from top spot with 3/4 of the seaon to go, I think you need to look a little bit closer to home.

As chairman go Gibson appeared to be a decent bloke, but can't help feeling he's got this wrong and it will bite him in the arse.

Why would Pearson go when we are getting Edgar?!

how about the 2 being linked

chairman goes for player without speaking to manager, manager gets hump and lets it be known to potential alternative employer

always follow the conspiracy theory line :icon_cry:

It's Davids for player-coach, with Cruyff as Director of Football and Lee Chapman in charge of the reserves

Remember, you heard it here first

Why would pearson want to go there. They have playing way above there level for the last few years and now they are on the way down to where they belong. and we are going back up to where we belong. So dont worry, NP aint stupid.

The obvious reason for Pearson why Pearson may go there is that they have the advantage of the parachute money for a couple of seasons - and we don't. Consequently, they are better placed to get promotion than we are. I think this is a more significant factor than his past links with Boro or the current average gates at the respective clubs. Also Gibson has had a reputation for sticking by his manager in difficult times whereas Milan has a bit more history when it comes to sacking managers.

My guess is that football people will see Leicester and think that he is probably over-achieving relative to his playing strength. Therefore, he is likely to attract interest from other clubs.

If he is offered the job and with more money then I think that he would go.

The obvious reason for Pearson why Pearson may go there is that they have the advantage of the parachute money for a couple of seasons - and we don't. Consequently, they are better placed to get promotion than we are. I think this is a more significant factor than his past links with Boro or the current average gates at the respective clubs. Also Gibson has had a reputation for sticking by his manager in difficult times whereas Milan has a bit more history when it comes to sacking managers.

My guess is that football people will see Leicester and think that he is probably over-achieving relative to his playing strength. Therefore, he is likely to attract interest from other clubs.

If he is offered the job and with more money then I think that he would go.

I think it unliklely he would go. If we're talking about signing Davids, then money isn't that much of an issue.

Also Gibson has had a reputation for sticking by his manager in difficult times whereas Milan has a bit more history when it comes to sacking managers.

So how is Gibson sticking by his manager in difficult times if he is sacking him for being 'only' second in the league?

I cannot even see Milan sacking a manager for only being second in the league!

apparently gibson had already decided he would bin southgate before last nights game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669