The official, though undoubtedly misunderstood or derided, 24/25 VAR thread

I BN is correct in the post match thread that this was the image they used (albeit cropped here) to determine the call, there is no way Mateta was onside.

View attachment 18976
I hope sincerely a decision wasn’t based on this obscure angled photograph with subjective line.

How in the actual **** can anyone say this random disposable camera picture casts sufficient doubt on the on field decision to the extent where it was right to conclude the decision should be changed.

Someone from the premier league should be made to say with a straight face that they aren’t just trying to **** us over.

If the whole point of the VAR is too make accurate decisions on offside, but then admit they cannot get accurate camera angles at this ground, they should have gone with the on field decision and just stick to penalty and red card decisions.

Possible foul before a goal: Saliba on Vardy

What happened: Leicester City were furious about the lead up to Arsenal's opening goal in the 20th minute, with Jamie Vardy claiming he was pulled back by William Saliba in the centre circle. Referee Sam Barrott didn't give a foul, and Arsenal scored 14 seconds later through Gabriel Martinelli. (watch here)

VAR decision: Goal stands.

VAR review: Arsenal had five touches of the ball, and Leicester were set throughout the move.

Saliba had his arm on Vardy's shoulder, and you can argue the case for a foul on the field but there wasn't enough in it for a VAR intervention from Paul Tierney.

Did they ever give an explanation of Mateta being deemed onside?

Yes, they said it's all bollocks and LCFC are a load of cheating feckers so they are going to give as many var decisions against us as they can all season to try and ensure we get relegated.

Did they ever give an explanation of Mateta being deemed onside?

Yes, they said it's all bollocks and LCFC are a load of cheating feckers so they are going to give as many var decisions against us as they can all season to try and ensure we get relegated.
Working well so far!

I'm just asking...

Do you really believe this?
I'm just asking...

Do you really believe that referees, whether they be the main man, an assistant or a VAR, always make honest and unbiased decisions?

I'm just asking...

Do you really believe that referees, whether they be the main man, an assistant or a VAR, always make honest and unbiased decisions?
Depends whether the decisions suit the agenda

Fans see what they want to see.

On Saturday, Skipp could easily have been sent off. The foul which led to our first goal was incredibly soft and manufactured by Vardy.

Do we go on about these things? No. Because we don't want to see them. In some respects, it's our job to be biased.

We only want to see the 'foul' on Vardy before the first Arsenal goal and the fouls by Calafiori.

I don't think there is any evidence that officials are biased. They can be influenced by circumstances and this is one of the main reasons I've always supported VAR. It provides for a more detached independence.

It's also why I started this thread to try to share the viewpoint of Dale Johnson (ESPN) more. He provides explanations and compares decisions from different games which I think can be really helpful.

On the first Arsenal goal, once the onfield ref allows the challenge from Saliba on Vardy, there is no way VAR gets involved. Nobody would have given it a second thought if the ref had blown for a foul on Vardy but it isn't a clear foul so a referee will make a call and the one he made was fair enough.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69
10Nottm F69
11Bournemouth68