The race for the Top 4

Assuming Man City and Man Utd are already locked in, who else will finish in the Top 4?

• Leicester

• West Ham

• Chelsea

• Liverpool

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was already confident for the last match with spuds, but now that sir harry mouthbreather has officially announced he is desperate to leave I'm certain we will thrash them.

So we need Villa, Burnley and Palace to do us a favour and we must beat Spurs.

- we're down on goal difference
- Villa are our closest Prem rivals and have nothing to play for.
- Sean Dyche is a Liverpool fan and they have nowt to play for and I'm pretty sure they don't like us.
- Hodgson has his last match against his former team, all lovely, rosy, happy, whilst Liverpool will be aggressive and clinical. Oh and they've got nowt to play for.
- Spurs hate us because of that season
- Kane's possible last match and he'll wanna score as many as possible.

It's gonna be tough but we can do it...we just need some luck and to batter Spurs.

- Sean Dyche is a Liverpool fan and they have nowt to play for and I'm pretty sure they don't like us.
- Villa are our closest Prem rivals and have nothing to play for.

You think they won't try in front of their own fans?

Oh and they've got nowt to play for.
They had nothing to play for against Villa. But came from behind to win.

Liverpool to draw their last two. Chelsea lose at Villa. We draw with Spurs and finish third on goals scored.

When we beat spurs and Chelsea draw at villa then we finish above them so who cares what Liverpool do?

Pretty calm about this, really.

Both Liverpool and Chelsea have work to do. We’ve got silverware in the cabinet.

Plus, if we don’t make it, we don’t make it. We should be going hell for leather to win things and the Europa League should be a priority if that is where we end up.

The biggest setback, I suppose would be players. But if players want to leave, fine. But I’d hope most would have the sense to see what’s being built and have a long hard think about it.

5th is certain isn't it? Unless Liverpool get poisoned or someshit we won't be top 4. Back to back top 5 finishes and an fa cup isn't the worst you could hope for.

5th is certain isn't it? Unless Liverpool get poisoned or someshit we won't be top 4. Back to back top 5 finishes and an fa cup isn't the worst you could hope for.

It's ****ing shit when you consider we've been top four for the entire ****ing season.

Not that it matters, we might even double figures against spurs

It doesn't matter where we finish, winning the FA Cup qualifies you for the group stage of the Europa League

It's ****ing shit when you consider we've been top four for the entire ****ing season.

Not that it matters, we might even double figures against spurs

It is...feels better than last season though, probably as we've been through it before and the cup obviously helps. I'd actually be more positive about us squeezing in on the final day if there wasn't a scenario where a point would do.

It is...feels better than last season though, probably as we've been through it before and the cup obviously helps. I'd actually be more positive about us squeezing in on the final day if there wasn't a scenario where a point would do.
The difference with last season is that we had a bunch of wank performances, completely had an awful run and collapsed.

This season I'd say the above didn't happen at all. Liverpool have simply managed to put a run of 3 wins together at a time where we have had a draw and 2 losses.

Also, i genuinely believe winning that FA Cup had a decent part to play. We don't have a squad as large as Chelsea's and it shows during a season with extra matches.

We won the FA Cup, finished at least top 5, played in the Europa League and the League Cup. We had Vardy, Cags, Ricardo, Soyuncu, JJ, Barnes, Evans and more injured throughout.

I'd be delighted with a top 5 finish. But we need to really go for that top 4. That'd be our 2nd best ever season.

Also...our run-ins for the last 5 seasons have been disgusting. It's a time when bigger squads can dig deeper and do more. It really is incredible how we regularly have ludicrously hard finishes. Almost as if it's been forced that way since we won the league.....#conspiracytheory

We've been to Wembley. From here on in, what will be will be

I'd love top 4 but I'm not aching for it. If results go our way (and one or even two could) then cool. If not then I can live with it. I'd like us to have a good go at the Europa League (or whatever it's called) next year though. It's a trophy to win and it's not beneath us ;)

We've done well this season given comparable squads. We're best of the 'also rans' if I can put it like that. We're on a good track. Bolster up the squad with a couple more signings over summer and go again.

It feels like it's gone wrong, I know, but it really hasn't. We've had poor results dotted through the season, we didn't crumble or bottle, or throw it away v Southampton or Newcastle. We'd lost games we shouldn't have before then.

Sure, Southampton felt like the one that counted but we've been irratic all season. We point to Southampton because of when it was. Truth is, it was one fixture, and a result that wouldn't have mattered had we points in the bag before it.

ManCity, Chelsea and Liverpool started the season badly (by their standards) for different reasons but they put results together since. I actually like the football both Chelsea and Liverpool play (German school?) It's fast, energetic and physical. I can admire the skills on display at ManCity but their tiki-taka stuff can bore me.

So the narrative might well be that we've crumbled again, and opposition fans might call 'bottlers', but I think the truth is that our irratic results have been all season and we've simply been caught up.

I hope we put several past Spurs, and the lucky fans that get to go have an excellent day out, and that it brings us CL football... but, given our season, it'd not surprise me if we play like shit and get beat. Oh the joys eh?

Last edited:
Oh, and spare a thought for Spurs and Arsenal fans. For supposed 'top 6' clubs, they've been disappointing. We've done well considering. We've juggled and made do without the squads riches available to others.

We've been to Wembley. From here on in, what will be will be

I'd love top 4 but I'm not aching for it. If results go our way (and one or even two could) then cool. If not then I can live with it. I'd like us to have a good go at the Europa League (or whatever it's called) next year though. It's a trophy to win and it's not beneath us ;)

We've done well this season given comparable squads. We're best of the 'also rans' if I can put it like that. We're on a good track. Bolster up the squad with a couple more signings over summer and go again.

It feels like it's gone wrong, I know, but it really hasn't. We've had poor results dotted through the season, we didn't crumble or bottle, or throw it away v Southampton or Newcastle. We'd lost games we shouldn't have before then.

Sure, Southampton felt like the one that counted but we've been irratic all season. We point to Southampton because of when it was. Truth is, it was one fixture, and a result that wouldn't have mattered had we points in the bag before it.

ManCity, Chelsea and Liverpool started the season badly (by their standards) for different reasons but they put results together since. I actually like the football both Chelsea and Liverpool play (German school?) It's fast, energetic and physical. I can admire the skills on display at ManCity but their tiki-taka stuff can bore me.

So the narrative might well be that we've crumbled again, and opposition fans might call 'bottlers', but I think the truth is that our irratic results have been all season and we've simply been caught up.

I hope we put several past Spurs, and the lucky fans that get to go have an excellent day out, and that it brings us CL football... but, given our season, it'd not surprise me if we play like shit and get beat. Oh the joys eh?

We should be in a good position to push again next season depending on what Ted and the players believe they can achieve here. They've won a cup and that can't be taken away. Some players (Youri, Wilf....) will be expecting to be champions league players in the future. What more can Ted achieve with us? I've no doubt they'll be asking themselves that when other teams come calling.

Yes, it is a unnerving time (again) re hanging on to players. I hope we hang on to who we have (I could tolerate losing Maddison however, if the price was right). I think this is just sadly the nature of who we are and where we're at. Two steps forward, one step back maybe?

Yes, it is a unnerving time (again) re hanging on to players. I hope we hang on to who we have (I could tolerate losing Maddison however, if the price was right). I think this is just sadly the nature of who we are and where we're at. Two steps forward, one step back maybe?

Hopefully. Unfortunately because football is broken the difference in money between euro and champions league is another player sold or not bought. It'll be an interesting summer I reckon.

Oh, and spare a thought for Spurs and Arsenal fans. For supposed 'top 6' clubs, they've been disappointing. We've done well considering. We've juggled and made do without the squads riches available to others.
Every time you think about us feeling like 'nearly men' for coming fifth, thinking about Spurs makes it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363