The race for the Top 4

Assuming Man City and Man Utd are already locked in, who else will finish in the Top 4?

• Leicester

• West Ham

• Chelsea

• Liverpool

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley are shit. I’m just hoping gravel voice has some absolute shit-housery lined up and can somehow scrape a result.

There's not a chance Burnley beat Liverpool.

I can't see Villa or Palace doing anything at the weekend either.

Palace are our best hope of the 3 I think, and that's not filling me with confidence.

Just got to hope for an early Burnley fluke goal and then a Liverpool player to get an early red.

Anything can happen

As with the Chelsea game at the weekend, I am hoping that the presence of a home crowd makes a massive difference to the home team

Burnley have won one of their last 28 home games against 'big six' teams.
We hadn’t won away at Arsenal in over 40 years
We hadn’t won at Old Trafford since 1998
We’d never won the FA Cup

But...Burnley still won’t win.

If we are all being honest the way in which Burnley will inevitably fail to even register a shot on target isn’t the reason this went wrong. It went wrong because we couldn’t beat 10 man Southampton, and it went wrong because it took 80 minutes to show up for the Newcastle game.

If we had approached those games with some fire in our bellies we wouldn’t be hoping to get Wood for Chris later.

This all being said... almost every club in the country would gladly trade their success this season for ours. It has been very special.

If we are all being honest the way in which Burnley will inevitably fail to even register a shot on target isn’t the reason this went wrong. It went wrong because we couldn’t beat 10 man Southampton, and it went wrong because it took 80 minutes to show up for the Newcastle game.

If we had approached those games with some fire in our bellies we wouldn’t be hoping to get Wood for Chris later.
If only football saw equal ‘top level’ performances week in, week out.

Unfortunately though, the game is played by humans.

The underlying point I make is right though. Burnley’s inevitable loss won’t have cost us the chance. We did that by not being our best when we needed to be.
Yes but that can be said of all games pretty much.

Burnley losing is also not inevitable. Even if they do we still have a very good chance at the weekend.

So, we were not always at our best (I.e human) but Liverpool always are (so non-human??) Likey, probable or expected even but not inevitable.

Something jokey about Liverpool not being virgins...
Nah, something to do with 'u' being next to 'I' on the keyboard and my fat thumbs.

If I was 40 years younger, I could probably type out War & Peace in 30 seconds with my thumbs on this (virtual) keyboard. As it is, it takes me 2 weeks to type the 2 sentences of nonsense that I write - and still get wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566