The Revolution may be over?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

Good info Dunc and should now quash the dreamers who believed all was rosy in the garden between MM and MA.

The bid IMO would be welcomed as I think I know the ex board member Dunc is talking about, if it is who I think it is then I would be delighted. I have to admit I am not surprised by any of this, we all knew that when MM took over it was going to be anything but boring.

PFKAKTF FOX

good post Dunc ,the MM and MA bit is bang on

The buy-out will not happen mate MM would make more money out of the club getting to the prem Than any buy-out could offer him IMO

Reading are being touted for near to £100M, and look where they were a few years back. Getting into the prem will / should triple the value of the club, and as Newts said another buyout is not going to give MM that sort of return back on his money.

But for MM to make that sort of money then we must achieve promotion which is by no means a certainty, also it would need considerable investment with no gaurenteed return where as if MM were to sell the club to a consortium that were prepared to meet his asking price then he walks away with a nice tidy profit on a club that he bought just over 8 months ago. Very good business deal if you can secure it.

Steven

But for MM to make that sort of money then we must achieve promotion which is by no means a certainty, also it would need considerable investment with no gaurenteed return where as if MM were to sell the club to a consortium that were prepared to meet his asking price then he walks away with a nice tidy profit on a club that he bought just over 8 months ago. Very good business deal if you can secure it.

Not worth the effort unless he has the freehold to the ground and if City are in the PL.

M17TT C

Good info Dunc and should now quash the dreamers who believed all was rosy in the garden between MM and MA.

The bid IMO would be welcomed as I think I know the ex board member Dunc is talking about, if it is who I think it is then I would be delighted. I have to admit I am not surprised by any of this, we all knew that when MM took over it was going to be anything but boring.

Martin George? :102:

Granite Fox

Why would anyone want to pay MM several times what he paid for the club only a matter of months ago?

Why would MM sell to them if he was not going to make a significant return?

I would not be surprised if everything was not rosey between MM & MA2 and others - what did you expect?

Thanks for the info Dunc, but personally, I cannot see it happening.

Steven

Me & BG spotted him at the ground the other day. Probably not unusual if he's always there though :102:

You could probably also have seen him watching the Academy lads as I understand he watches their games as well. ;)

newtonfox

I know what your saying steve ,MM would want more than that ,too sell us now or 12 months down the road would'nt be good enough for him it would'nt fit in too his CV you know saving all the clubs he has taking them to the top of their game here and the usa .

Si Nick

Why would anyone want to pay MM several times what he paid for the club only a matter of months ago?

Why would MM sell to them if he was not going to make a significant return?

I would not be surprised if everything was not rosey between MM & MA2 and others - what did you expect?

Thanks for the info Dunc, but personally, I cannot see it happening.

Erm, MM hasn't paid anybody anything yet

Micky

mandaric needs to keep his big nose out

Travelling Fox

I find this all very odd. Take a serious moment to look at the facts. Since the start of the season we have W2, D1, L1. Judging by the last 2 league games we have a team that has a serious chance of at least making the play offs. If that is the case why would MM even dream of a. selling and b. Sacking the manager. And with the exception of NOTW the 2 papers making most of the mischief are the Mirror and People (same paper group). We have Sheff W and Preston rooted to the bottom of the league and yet the press doesn't say that their managers are under threat. I think that as someone has already mentioned the press have naff all to report (as the season is too early) so they keep re-printing the same Blx.

Redditch Fox

1. I don't think anyone with half a brain ever thought that the relationship between MM and his manager would ever be an easy one. I won't bore everyone unneccessarily on a Bank Holiday repeating the reasons for that.

2. We get these "ex board member" skeletons out of the cupboard to play with every so often - but that's what they are , the past. There is no way that they are going to prise their money out.

3. You are right things are not boring now. Can I remind you that before MM took over that the club had less life than a corpse.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

If MM is a smart business man he KNOWS the biggest pay-out is getting to the Prem. Is he seriously going to GET rid of a manager who is not only winning matches but has also demonstrated the ability to improve existing players, i.e. MDV.

He would have to have a massive ego that he is prepared to gamble against the Prem to kick MA out and put in a yes man just so he can pick the players/team. I think he would rather have the money and while MA is still heading for top 6 I think his job is safe.

newtonfox

If MM is a smart business man he KNOWS the biggest pay-out is getting to the Prem. Is he seriously going to GET rid of a manager who is not only winning matches but has also demonstrated the ability to improve existing players, i.e. MDV.

He would have to have a massive ego that he is prepared to gamble against the Prem to kick MA out and put in a yes man just so he can pick the players/team. I think he would rather have the money and while MA is still heading for top 6 I think his job is safe.

its all part of the 3 year plan ;)

1st yr get us back to the prem

2nd yr make sure we stay in prem ,new players and so on ,start to find a new owner

3 rd yr midway through this year sell us to someone with more money than MM ,someone form China or somewhere like that ,then we become the Man U of the middlands ,walkers becomes a 65,000 seater

4th yr dont know i woke up at then end of yr 3 :icon_lol::icon_lol: :tumbleweed:

Last edited:

Redditch Fox

its all part of the 3 year plan ;)

1st yr get us back to the prem

2nd yr make sure we stay in prem ,new players and so on ,start to find a new owner

3 rd yr midway through this year sell us to someone with more money than MM ,someone form China or somewhere like that ,then we become the Man U of the middlands ,walkers becomes a 65,000 seater

4th yr dont know i woke up at then end of yr 3 :icon_lol::icon_lol: :tumbleweed:

4th yr - club is relocated in Beijing.

LCFC marketing dept says that whilst it recognises that this will pose some difficulties for those supporters without access to their own private jets, it is confident that the majority of supporters will appreciate the overall benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669