The Revolution may be over?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th yr - club is relocated in Beijing.

LCFC marketing dept says that whilst it recognises that this will pose some difficulties for those supporters without access to their own private jets, it is confident that the majority of supporters will appreciate the overall benefits.

Love it, RF!!!! :)

4th yr - club is relocated in Beijing.

LCFC marketing dept says that whilst it recognises that this will pose some difficulties for those supporters without access to their own private jets, it is confident that the majority of supporters will appreciate the overall benefits.

The club cite Leicester City Council's "difficult stance" on insisting that all supporters should be using the fantastic park and ride scheme to visit The Walkers as a reason to locate to a more accessable Beijing stadium.

A council official countered by insisting that the City Council could have provided bicycles for every fan just like the Beijing franchise but health and safety issues had forced them to fit stabalisers on each bike and this had outpriced the bid to keep fooball in the city.

3 rd yr midway through this year sell us to someone with more money than MM ,someone form China or somewhere like that ,then we become the Man U of the middlands ,walkers becomes a 65,000 seater

Fecking hell. That'll mean we'll have all the hangers on and glory hunters!

I wouldn't be suprised that there is considerable alarm at MM behind the scenes. However I agree with the posts above that ex-directors are 'history' and have no intention of bidding for the club. Martin George, who has been cited, is the biggest tightwad in christendom. The only money he ever spent out of his own pocket was flying Brian Little in to LCFC on his helicopter. And even then he claimed it back on expenses. :)

Frankly all sounds like utter bullcrap to me... don't doubt some might think the story has some legs (dont doubt MM's management style can be somewhat dysfunctional - not helped by media expectations that he will "meddle"), but it sounds so utterly implausible that i cant take it seriously.

We went through three years of utter shite with the previous board - the club was on the verge of collapse (much as some may like to pretend otherwise), before Milan took over. The idea that some of the same people, who were leading us to wrack and ruin before Milan took over the club back, is totally insulting!

Anyone who thinks we'd be better off under the idiots who ruined us rather than MM are living in "cloud-cookoo land" IMHO... and those entertaining 'hopes' that the previous regime is going to stage some kind of counter-revolution are bordering on the delusional. :icon_roll

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks we'd be better off under the idiots who ruined us rather than MM are living in "cloud-cookoo land" IMHO... and those entertaining 'hopes' that the previous regime is going to stage some kind of counter-revolution are bordering on the delusional. :icon_roll

I like this imaginative use of "quotations". Did you have to 'look' hard for them?

Frankly all sounds like utter bullcrap to me... don't doubt some might think the story has some legs (dont doubt MM's management style can be somewhat dysfunctional - not helped by media expectations that he will "meddle"), but it sounds so utterly implausible that i cant take it seriously.

We went through three years of utter shite with the previous board - the club was on the verge of collapse (much as some may like to pretend otherwise), before Milan took over. The idea that some of the same people, who were leading us to wrack and ruin before Milan took over the club back, is totally insulting!

Anyone who thinks we'd be better off under the idiots who ruined us rather than MM are living in "cloud-cookoo land" IMHO... and those entertaining 'hopes' that the previous regime is going to stage some kind of counter-revolution are bordering on the delusional.
:icon_roll

Exactly. I might believe that MA will be sacked tomorrow, but to believe that ex-members of the board are going to pay what has become the going rate for a Club of this size is a form of insanity. :icon_roll

I find it hard to believe that any of the previous board have had a 'Road to Damascus' experience and are now going to put their hands in their pockets and pay more for the club than they could have done last season. If MM sacks MA now then he is only behaving true to type. When the only Pompey manager who gave him success stood up to him he went, only to be reinstated to keep the club in the Prem. MM promptly sold the club. Given all my misgivings about MM he his still better than the previous unambitious board. MM at least wants us in the Prem if only to maximise his profit when he sells the club to the Russian Mafia, I just fear that his ego might get in the way.

Last edited:
The person, Alan Birchenall. If anything is going on that would be to the detriment of our club you can be sure that the Birch would bitterly oppose it. Anyone drinking at his pub today feel like asking a few questions?!
Don't think he's been involved in running a pub for at least a decade.

He's not been at the pub in Swithland (The Griffin) for many years. Myself and Desert Fox used to go there a lot.

Hello everyone by the way. I'm new to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669