The RIP Thread

Kevin Beattie, Ipswich and England. Suspected heart attack less than 24 hours after making his usual on the Radio Suffolk 'Life's a Pitch' show. Only 64 ffs.

His name was Winterbottom, a cold stern man.

That is my favourite Dennis Norden line. Most people think of him with "It'll be alright on the night". However, to an older generation he will be remembered for creating The Glum Family on the wireless. Mr Glum played brilliantly and with great affection by Jimmy Edwards was a wonderful comic creation.

Like Dennis Norden's friend and writing colleague Frank Muir his was "Mirth that has no bitter springs".

Chas Hodges (Dave will miss him), organ failure after recent cancer treatment.

I've always called him Charles Aznovoice. Now it's true.

Bill Maynard used that line on his radio show but rightly went on to admit it was unfair and Aznavour actually was a very good singer. He also wrote some beautiful songs. I saw him at De Montfort Hall in the 1970s and he was a superb live performer.
I believe Charles Aznavour was the nearest thing Europe had to Sinatra but unlike Sinatra does not seem to gave had a nasty side. Also Aznavour used his status to help preserve the heritage of French popular music.

Montserrat Caballé - she can now find Freddie and sing again about the place she was born, lived and ultimately perished...

...God willing

Let the songs begin...

Montserrat Caballé - she can now find Freddie and sing again about the place she was born, lived and ultimately perished...

...God willing

Let the songs begin...
Un sueño me envolvió, tal vez estás aquí......

Juntos de nuevo, en perfecta armonía.

Un sueño me envolvió, tal vez estás aquí......

Juntos de nuevo, en perfecta armonía.

The cut is a mucky old place; the best excuse there is for wearing old clothes. And completely by chance I found that I had put out a '92 Olympics t-shirt!

Now swapped for a PT, WRITER, FRIEND, LEGEND one.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663