The RIP Thread

Another one who was well in with the Royals. What is it with their positively perpetual panache for paedos?

A reminder of childhood.

Back when I was a young teen the government, the press, teachers, experts on the telly, social commentators & the mainstream establishment in general were horrified by the danger posed to my impressionable young mind by the evils of punk rock & the degenerate, dangerous barbarians involved in it that were going to pollute my soul in the name of evil & the biggest threat to the fabric of our wonderful free society since the war.

They wanted me to reject it in favour of a wholesome pantheon of worthy & positive entertainers who were completely the opposite of this horrific threat to our youth :

Rolf Harris - Harmless & amusing purveyor of children's entertainment & a gateway to embracing art.

Jimmy Saville - Made children's dreams come true on the telly, devoted his life to good works & despite being a touch eccentric was probably the nicest man in Britain.

Gary Glitter - Went out of his way to perform matinee shows so that those under 16 could enjoy his music live. Would even get to meet him afterwards. A Lovely man by all accounts.

& how about those amusing novelty records put out by Jonathan King if you really must be so obsessed with music ?

& just have a harmless laugh on a Friday watching It's A Knockout instead of playing those awful punk songs. That Stuart Hall is a funny chap isn't he ?

All so very wholesome & proper. Good clean family entertainment.

NOTE : - Some years ago I met Steve Ignorant. Probably the ultimate example of the nihilistic festering evil they were so desperate to save me from. Arch corrupter of young minds & dangerous violent revolutionary

He'd not long finished his shift as an RNLI volunteer. Saving people from drowning & shit like that.

& the ****s wonder why I don't trust a word they say.

**** me.

A reminder of childhood.

Back when I was a young teen the government, the press, teachers, experts on the telly, social commentators & the mainstream establishment in general were horrified by the danger posed to my impressionable young mind by the evils of punk rock & the degenerate, dangerous barbarians involved in it that were going to pollute my soul in the name of evil & the biggest threat to the fabric of our wonderful free society since the war.

They wanted me to reject it in favour of a wholesome pantheon of worthy & positive entertainers who were completely the opposite of this horrific threat to our youth :

Rolf Harris - Harmless & amusing purveyor of children's entertainment & a gateway to embracing art.

Jimmy Saville - Made children's dreams come true on the telly, devoted his life to good works & despite being a touch eccentric was probably the nicest man in Britain.

Gary Glitter - Went out of his way to perform matinee shows so that those under 16 could enjoy his music live. Would even get to meet him afterwards. A Lovely man by all accounts.

& how about those amusing novelty records put out by Jonathan King if you really must be so obsessed with music ?

& just have a harmless laugh on a Friday watching It's A Knockout instead of playing those awful punk songs. That Stuart Hall is a funny chap isn't he ?

NOTE : - Some years ago I met Steve Ignorant. Probably the ultimate example of the nihilistic festering evil they were so desperate to save me from. Arch corrupter of young minds & dangerous violent revolutionary

He'd not long finished his shift as an RNLI volunteer. Saving people from drowning & shit like that.

**** me.

Absolutely GUAW.

I was there with you (Ok, not actually with you) and all you say is how it was.
Was Steve Ignorant still an anarchist Crass type bod? I guess he was. In a good way.

Absolutely GUAW.

I was there with you (Ok, not actually with you) and all you say is how it was.
Was Steve Ignorant still an anarchist Crass type bod? I guess he was. In a good way.
It was funny. 2 old bald blokes basically swearing for 40 minutes & laughing about David Cameron & whether or not his wife wears a pig mask in bed.

Also I have to correct myself. It was an independent lifeboat. I guess he couldn't even now bring himself to belong to anything with royal in the name. It was also unaffiliated to the coastguard. A de facto anarchist lifeboat !

There's a clip on YouTube of an interview Piers Morgan did with John Lydon and they played some audio of Lydon when he was with the Sex Pistols alluding to Savile's goings on. Apparently it was never played at the time and covered up. Lydon's words to Morgan about it....."They called me the "offensive" one."

A reminder of childhood.

**** me.
Maybe not quite the best last two words in your post, given the names mentioned in it though :icon eek:

Simply the Best. Great memories of singing that post Wembley wins. Cheesy but very enjoyable. Followed by Yazz (the only way is up) for play off wins, or Queen (we are the champions) for cup wins.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463