The stability argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye and look at Newcastle, you spin it anyway you like.

Birmingham had a similar situation to this last season albeit higher up the table, they stuck by their man and it came off or you could use Palace as an example. Swings and Roundabouts

If we had a Steve Bruce in place I'd stick by him, I wanted Kelly to be given more of a chance and Levein come to that, Holloway just doesn't inject any faith in me.
I've already used Palace as an example somewhere.
If you've got the right man, going in the right direction, by which I mean the team displaying fight and energy and a sense of purpose, not neccessarily winning, then I'm all for stability and giving the manager the opportunity to prove himself. As I say, Holloway just doesn't inject that faith in me.

If we had a Steve Bruce in place I'd stick by him, I wanted Kelly to be given more of a chance and Levein come to that, Holloway just doesn't inject any faith in me.
I've already used Palace as an example somewhere.
If you've got the right man, going in the right direction, by which I mean the team displaying fight and energy and a sense of purpose, not neccessarily winning, then I'm all for stability and giving the manager the opportunity to prove himself. As I say, Holloway just doesn't inject that faith in me.

The fact is, some city fans find it too easy to moan and whinge rather than look at the bigger picture. Another management change this season would be disastrous. We must get behind Holloway and stop the whole circus that is going on at LCFC.

I laugh when I hear comments like "if we had a Steve Bruce I'd stick by him". What a load of bollocks - you wouldn't stick by any manager if you didn't see instant success - I laugh even more when I see how well Glenn Roeder has done at Norwich, the abuse he got on this website when we needed a manager was incredible!

Fact is, we made a choice, in my opinion a great choice in Holloway and given time I think he will bring great success to this club and I for one look forward to that.

Fact is, we made a choice, in my opinion a great choice in Holloway and given time I think he will bring great success to this club and I for one look forward to that.
I hope so.

Can you let me know how you arrive at that opinion so that I can share it with you.

Easy Highland, Melton had a 'roasting' last night he may still be sore? :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

Aye,I read it...it probably never happened,he probably made it up to make his life sound exciting and eventful

Last edited:
Trifull;632042[I said:
]If we had a Steve Bruce in place I'd stick by him[/I], ]

Wasn't he given a rough ride a couple of seasons ago when Brum were lingering in the depths of the championship?
What would have happened if their board had clamoured to the masses and got shot......

......makes you think......:102:

I hope so.

Can you let me know how you arrive at that opinion so that I can share it with you.

Sure, I've always liked Holloway and think he did a great job at Plymouth, a job which they are still seeing the benefits from.

He made them a tough side to beat, and that is what he is trying to do with us, but that is going to take time. I remember the days when we were a difficult team to beat, at home and away. They were good times. I think Holloway will build a strong team here and bring success to the club but he needs time.

I'm sorry but 17 games is not enought time. I seem to remember Martin O Neill didn't win a game in his first 13 games, do you think it would have been wise to have sacked him???

Sure, I've always liked Holloway and think he did a great job at Plymouth, a job which they are still seeing the benefits from.

He made them a tough side to beat, and that is what he is trying to do with us, but that is going to take time. I remember the days when we were a difficult team to beat, at home and away. They were good times. I think Holloway will build a strong team here and bring success to the club but he needs time.

I'm sorry but 17 games is not enought time. I seem to remember Martin O Neill didn't win a game in his first 13 games, do you think it would have been wise to have sacked him???
I think all of what you are saying is based upon emotion and listening to what the guy says instead of facts, figures and visual evidence.

I don't see one scrap of evidence to suggest he is going to make us difficult to beat, but maybe I don't know what to look for.

As for MON, if you think he has no part to blame in the financial demise of Leicester City, then excellent. It's always nice to have a romantic view of history.

He may appear to have done wonders for this club, but any damage has so far has, and may always remain untold.

Last edited:
I think all of what you are saying is based upon emotion and listening to what the guy says instead of facts, figures and visual evidence.

I don't see one scrap of evidence to suggest he is going to make us difficult to beat, but maybe I don't know what to look for.

As for MON, if you think he has no part to blame in the financial demise of Leicester City, then excellent. It's always nice to have a romantic view of history.

He may appear to have done wonders for this club, but any damage has so far has, and may always remain untold.

I have no idea what you are getting at Melts, though i assume his falling out with Pierpoint may have had something to do with what you are talking about. But that aside, when he left us we had probably the best (and most valuable) squad i am likely to see at city, plus around £30 million to spend. It is this point in city's history that i believe dictates where we are now, we should at the time have appointed an experienced premiership manager fitting of our position at the time. Instead we had PT and an overly generous chairman...

Last edited:
I have no idea what you are getting at Melts, though i assume his falling out with Pierpoint may have had something to do with what you are talking about. But that aside, when he left us we had probably the best (and most valuable) squad i am likely to see at city, plus around £30 million to spend. It is this point in city's history that i believe dictates where we are now, we should at the time have appointed an experienced premiership manager fitting of our position at the time. Instead we had PT and an overly generous chairman...

Rubbish! MON is to blame for attracting Premiership quality players who won us trophies, got us into Europe and were successful.

As a consequence, once the bastard left, these players decided they wanted wages equitable with other teams of similar success, and the club appointed PT!

If he'd bought crap and not been successful, we'd not have got into administration and probably wouldn't have got PT as a successor and may still be at Filbo instead of the Wankers.

Everything from 2001 to now is directly attributable to MON. If he was crap we'd not have any expectation of success.

Last edited:
Rubbish! MON is to blame for attracting Premiership quality players who won us trophies, got us into Europe and were successful.

As a consequence, once the bastard left, these players decided they wanted wages equitable with other teams of similar success, and the club appointed PT!

If he'd bought crap and not been successful, we'd not have got into administration and probably wouldn't have got PT as a successor and may still be at Filbo instead of the Wankers.

Everything from 2001 to now is directly attributable to MON. If he was crap we'd not have any expectation of success.
As sarcastic as that post may be, there is some truth in it, as you know.

But, we were on the verge of struggling financially while MON was here, and I'm sure you are aware of that also.

However, the MON era was a good one for this club, and one I'm proud of so I don't wish darken it. But it was during this period that our demise was triggered, and certain people within the club were only there for themselves and when put on the spot, wouldn't do anything to help stop the demise.

Last edited:
I wonder how much of that 8 million for the Heskey fee would of covered for this rumoured MON financial black hole if properly managed.

It was easily managable on the basis that we were a top 10 side who'd won 2 trophies in 4 years and were an 'established' Premier League side.

It wasn't MON's fault that the club went and appointed PT who then spent nearly £7milllion on the Benj and Akinbiyi.

I find it hard to blame MON for making us a top 10 side, leaving for a bigger job/club with LCFC in a very very healthy position with a good side and in Europe.

All we had to do was not get relegated twice in 3 seasons.

................................bugger....................................

As sarcastic as that post may be, there is some truth in it, as you know.

But, we were on the verge of struggling financially while MON was here, and I'm sure you are aware of that also.

However, the MON era was a good one for this club, and one I'm proud of so I don't wish darken it. But it was during this period that our demise was triggered, and certain people within the club were only there for themselves and when put on the spot, wouldn't do anything to help stop the demise.

Melton, please revert back to your posts relating the game to like starting a fire - they are far more entertaining.

OOhhhhh, I fear the rain is coming!!!!!!!!!

matt Gillies had a couple of crap seasons before his side became our best ever.

Which probably means nothing at all.

It was easily managable on the basis that we were a top 10 side who'd won 2 trophies in 4 years and were an 'established' Premier League side.

It wasn't MON's fault that the club went and appointed PT who then spent nearly £7milllion on the Benj and Akinbiyi.

I find it hard to blame MON for making us a top 10 side, leaving for a bigger job/club with LCFC in a very very healthy position with a good side and in Europe.

All we had to do was not get relegated twice in 3 seasons.

................................bugger....................................

Quite Dunc, if only we could of held on to the now generation of the Premiership. We'd be like Pompey now....:icon_roll

If we had a Steve Bruce in place I'd stick by him,

Wasn't he given a rough ride a couple of seasons ago when Brum were lingering in the depths of the championship?
What would have happened if their board had clamoured to the masses and got shot......

......makes you think......:102:

Bruce was given a rough ride, but I couldn't understand why. If memory serves, Brum never dropped below 7th in the table that season and achieved promotion. I'd love to be in that position, but I wouldn't be criticising the manager if we were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670