The stability argument

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fosse1884

That's exactly what I said ('the one side that doesn't make sense is that which says if we do sack him, we'll go down'). Surely if you believe the above then you come into exactly that category.

What I'm saying is, is that we could well already be in freefall. So what, exactly, would the difference be? It's a case of Stability vs More Experienced Manager. And we have no reason whatsoever to believe Holloway is the man to keep us up. Has he ever steered a club clear of the drop in this league from this position? At QPR he didn't.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it's not a clear-cut situation. It's not a simple case of stability equals success. If it was then Real would never have won anything! And for our part if stability was so vital we'd have been more likely to go down switching to Gordon Lee than sticking with Pleat, and ditto Kelly / Levein.

On your premis after reading many of your posts in this thread, Stoke City should never have hired Tony Pulis.
Wait a minute, they are top of the league:102:

From Gradel to Grave

The fact is, some city fans find it too easy to moan and whinge rather than look at the bigger picture. Another management change this season would be disastrous. We must get behind Holloway and stop the whole circus that is going on at LCFC.

I laugh when I hear comments like "if we had a Steve Bruce I'd stick by him". What a load of bollocks - you wouldn't stick by any manager if you didn't see instant success - I laugh even more when I see how well Glenn Roeder has done at Norwich, the abuse he got on this website when we needed a manager was incredible!

Fact is, we made a choice, in my opinion a great choice in Holloway and given time I think he will bring great success to this club and I for one look forward to that.

I stand totally by the Roeder comments. He has a short term effect which has led to his leading teams he's joined in the past to something around eighth - no higher - and then plunged them into the relegation zone the following season. He always leaves teams in worse shape than he found them.

Norwich may think they've found a messiah but they've got a rude awakening ahead of them.

Chrysalis

sorry for not reading but not going to read 15 pages. All I will say is the team is starting to get the ability to pass the ball around and its clear holloway is attack minded which I like. The team was in a very bad state when he joined with the mentality of simply not wanting to lose games.

Macky

Gruntled Member
sorry for not reading but not going to read 15 pages. All I will say is the team is starting to get the ability to pass the ball around and its clear holloway is attack minded which I like. The team was in a very bad state when he joined with the mentality of simply not wanting to lose games.

Go into your User CP and change the number of posts per page then.
It is only two pages long for me, although reading the thread in its entirety would still be challenging just for different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669