The Talking Balls Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the Tony Hawks books about exactly? been tempted a couple of times but not dived in just yet.

theyre both adventure/travel books i suppose both the outcome of a bet with his mate.

round ireland with a fridge is just that! i journey hitch-hiking round ireland with a little fridge its pretty funny. http://www.tony-hawks.com/books.php?id=1

playing the moldovans at tennis is his adventures tracking down all 11 moldovan players for a game of tennis when he declared during an england v moldova qualifier that he reckons he could beat every one of them at tennis. good fun. http://www.tony-hawks.com/books.php?id=2

the links provide a better description!

Is she the one that writes a lot about autistic children? If so the missus' mum loves her books and is always in tears at them.

Not so much autistic but 'difficult' children yeah.Very interesting and its a subject I sort of have a personal interest in,wouldn't mind getting into that field of employment

Not so much autistic but 'difficult' children yeah.Very interesting and its a subject I sort of have a personal interest in,wouldn't mind getting into that field of employment

You mentioned, I wondered if that was why you were reading the books. Apparantly they are very touching, but I don't think I could get into them.

You mentioned, I wondered if that was why you were reading the books. Apparantly they are very touching, but I don't think I could get into them.

Just something I'm interested in,I read one about a year back and saw this one on the Market for 50p.

What are the Tony Hawks books about exactly? been tempted a couple of times but not dived in just yet.
and to add to lcfc lad..

In 'one hit wonderland' he tries to get a number 1 hit record in a european country and 'piano in the pyrenees' is about him setting up a second home in france.

He's very funny and easy to read. would recommend all 4 tbh

Started reading 'Awaydays' yesterday and I have nearly done half of it.

A really good book - far beyond the hooli-lit shite which exists in bookstores across the country.

I've seen there has been a film made of it.
A good book if i remember, lent it to a Tranmere fan in 2001 and never saw it again. I wonder how many books I've lost that way...:mad:

A really good book - far beyond the hooli-lit shite which exists in bookstores across the country.

Read it a few years ago on holiday, barely out it down, really good book. Id give the naughty Nineties a go too.

A good book if i remember, lent it to a Tranmere fan in 2001 and never saw it again. I wonder how many books I've lost that way...:mad:

Read it a few years ago on holiday, barely out it down, really good book. Id give the naughty Nineties a go too.

'tis a great read

Quality film.

Really??? Must be nothing like the first Green St then, which is probably one of the worst films I've ever suffered and wins the Macky award for football movie most removed from reality.

Really??? Must be nothing like the first Green St then, which is probably one of the worst films I've ever suffered and wins the Macky award for football movie most removed from reality.

:icon_bigg No, I haven't seen the second but it's apparently one of the worst films ever made and as you know the first one wasn't far from that either...
So go watch it and tell us what you think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670