The Talking Balls Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Chart Throb. Another good Ben Elton book but not his best of the ones I have read so far.

Also picked up a book called Englands Worst footballers "by" Jeff Stelling. Turns out Leicesters worst ever footballer was Frank Sinclair. I think the book should have been called the Englands worst footballers who someone might have heard of within the last 20 years by some writing on behalf of Jeff Stelling.

fcukcov said:
Also picked up a book called Englands Worst footballers "by" Jeff Stelling. Turns out Leicesters worst ever footballer was Frank Sinclair. I think the book should have been called the Englands worst footballers who someone might have heard of within the last 20 years by some writing on behalf of Jeff Stelling.
Not even our worst player of the last ten years. In fact, not even that bad a defender. Awful choice.

Finished reading Sebastian Faulks' 'A Week in December'. First thing I've read by him and I really enjoyed it.

Next up is Cormac McCarthy's 'The Road'.

From Gradel to Grave said:
See what you mean!

Just finished it today. Brilliant book. Hard to read but impossible to put down.

I thought it was a great but very depresing book. Amazing how he managed to convey such a grey world.

I thought it was a great but very depresing book. Amazing how he managed to convey such a grey world.

I'm reading 'Crap at the Environment' by Mark Watson as a bit of light relief after the intensity of 'The Road'.

It might dint my macho image :icon_wink but that was the first book in my entire life that made me cry!

I'm reading the new scarpetta paperback. Not sure why as last few have irritated me, but reviews are good and it was only 3 quid

Bit of a change from the geek-fest that is reading Babylon 5 novels which I've been doing recently

Life on Air, david attenborough's autob.
Great read, really interesting stuff

I'm going to enjoy this thread. I read LOADS of books last week and I'm going to post my comments on them here at some point. Not because anyone will be interested, but because I'll enjoy it.

I'm going to enjoy this thread. I read LOADS of books last week and I'm going to post my comments on them here at some point. Not because anyone will be interested, but because I'll enjoy it.

The exact reason for everything posted by everyone on here ;)

Finished reading Sebastian Faulks' 'A Week in December'. First thing I've read by him and I really enjoyed it.

Have had this recommended by a few people now, I think its going to be my next one, if I can find it at a reasonable price (or my local library has it).

Currently reading Tony Parsons - Man and Wife.

I'm not really enjoying it, but I can't put my finger on why. Something about the way he writes irritates me. If it hadn't been for the entertainment free Easyjet flight, I wouldn't be as far in to it as I am.. but I somehow now feel 'obliged' to finish it.

finished dead like you, the latest of the roy grace novels by peter james. simple crime thrillers very addictive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669