The Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it difficult to arrange and get the Visa? What is the job market like in that area currently, Im trying to get as many ideas on countries to move to as possible.

Always sounds nice when you talk about the place to be fair.
I got a normal three month visa, then another one, during which time I got married to an American citizen (dual British citizen, she's a posh bird from the Home Counties) so got a pending residency. Two years later I got permanent resident status (the 'green card' which is disappointing not green) and I can now apply for citizenship, which I'll do as long as I can keep my British citizenship as well. And I have a couple of grand spare - it ain't cheap.

It doesn't feel like the recession has hit as hard here as in some places. Tucson was on the up and up before, so it's slowed everything down but it's still attracting new people and investment. A guy I know recently lost his job, but after a couple of months he got a new, better job at a company expanding into the area.

Tucson is a great city IMO. About a million people, sprawling, low level, low key. Feels like Market Harborough or Melton Mowbray in terms of how busy and 'big' the city part is, the rest is one giant suburb. It's a pretty nice standard of living, to be fair.

It's surrounded by primo Sonoran desert on two sides, with Chihuahuan Desert coming in from the south east. And towering over the city are three impressive mountain ranges, the Santa Catalinas, which are the southernmost of the Rocky mountains, the Rincons, which are the northernmost of the Sierra Madres from Mexico, and the Tucson Mountains which are smaller and covered in iconic saguaro cacti. All this makes it a unique place for wildlife diversity, which is jolly convenient for me.

Can't recommend it highly enough. Most people love it, but it's absolutely the most horrible place ever to some people. A couple of times friends have visited from Britain and not liked it - too dry, too dusty, too hot, not green enough.

Tucson_Downtown_bathed_in_sunlight.jpg

tucson_saguaro.JPG

Last edited:
Blah blah feckin' blah

That's all well and good, but what's the flange like ?

Whatever they are Lako they are not that desperate

Im a fine catch HF, a seriously nice chap with the interests of the women at heart, many could and do, do worse than me.

They will love my fake English accent, Ill be fighting them off with the threat of swine flue.

Highland's got a hot tip

And if he doesn't stop soon he'll go blind

Im a fine catch HF, a seriously nice chap with the interests of the women at heart, many could and do, do worse than me.

They will love my fake English accent, Ill be fighting them off with the threat of swine flue.

Snigger :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610