They're talking about us

Well I expected to beat Brentford cos they’re a bit shit and we were two nil up FFS
And I expected to beat Southampton cos they really are a bit shit
And I ****ing expected to beat Chelsea cos they have been pretty wank so far and had a ****ing man sent off FFS
And I ****ing expected to beat ManYoo cos they’re a shitty ****ing car crash

I don't think we will need to worry about losing revenue from Uefa competitions any time soon unfortunately.

Basically, we breached FFP but due to covid and us being good before, they have let us off??

In other words Leicester aren't in Europe this year so it doesn't matter but next time they are we'll likely sanction them, West Ham are in the Conference League, so who cares but next time they're in the Euro League we'll likely sanction them and who were the other two?

In other words Leicester aren't in Europe this year so it doesn't matter but next time they are we'll likely sanction them, West Ham are in the Conference League, so who cares but next time they're in the Euro League we'll likely sanction them and who were the other two?
The sole reason for us not being able to purchase more players until we sold some surely? Not sure why this hasn't been communicated more from the club.

Only the most deluded of fools, I mean fans, could try to make a case for us being unlucky this season.

Still one or two who still think nothing is wrong, i reckon

Not many left, now, as they are finally seeing what has been evident for a long time - but they are still around

Bless ‘em

Still one or two who still think nothing is wrong, i reckon

Not many left, now, as they are finally seeing what has been evident for a long time - but they are still around

Bless ‘em
I'd say that despite constant horseshit spouted daily, no one has said that everything is absolutely fine. Everyone can see there are problems.

The sole reason for us not being able to purchase more players until we sold some surely? Not sure why this hasn't been communicated more from the club.
Possibly because it took an epic level of mismanagement to get into this situation and nobody wants to take responsibility?

I was being facetious with regard to two of the other clubs mentioned.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-must-stop-blaming-bosses-prove-can-stop-rot/

Brendan Rodgers must stop blaming his bosses and prove he can stop the rot at Leicester​

As a motivating force for players he inherits, Rodgers can be a revelation – but he is proving once again he struggles to build a dynasty
OLIVER BROWN
CHIEF SPORTS WRITER
2 September 2022 • 4:33pm

In a piece of artful deflection, Brendan Rodgers made it clear the blame for Leicester City's tailspin rested squarely with the club's owners, not him. “This isn't the club that it was two years ago,” he lamented.

The suggestion was that a tepid home defeat to Manchester United reflected poorly on the parsimony of his employers, who had waited until transfer deadline day to bring in a single signing, Reims centre-back Wout Faes. And yet if he seeks the fullest explanation for the crisis at the King Power, the manager might want to look a little closer to home.

For all Rodgers' protests that he is being let down by the Srivaddhanaprabha family's reluctance to improve his squad, it is worth remembering that he has, since his arrival three-and-a-half years ago, spent more than £223 million in the service of that very cause.

Four players – Ayoze Perez, Dennis Praet, Patson Daka and Timothy Castagne – account for almost half that outlay. But for a critical match against United, Rodgers left all five of them on the bench, entrusting them with a combined total of six minutes’ game-time. So, does responsibility truly lie with the Thai benefactors' refusal to recruit players? Or is this more a question of Rodgers' inability to develop them?

Few doubt that when Rodgers is first appointed to a job, his hurricane-force exuberance sparks an instant uplift. We saw as much at Liverpool, where, within two years of an eighth-place finish that brought Kenny Dalglish the sack, he came the closest of anybody in nearly a quarter of a century to return the league trophy to Anfield, as his Luis Suarez-propelled team scored 101 goals in a single season.

But there is the finest of margins, with this wired and relentlessly earnest character, between splendour and oblivion. Rodgers' Liverpool reign disintegrated almost as fast as it had peaked, with his side sinking to sixth the year after their title charge, then to 10th before a restless Fenway Sports Group finally pulled the trigger.

When the rot set in, it seemed as if he was powerless to stop it. The same pattern is being played out at Leicester. One moment, Rodgers is on the verge of perfecting his masterpiece, winning the FA Cup. The next, he finds himself presiding over an apparently inexorable decline.

Granted, the financial situation hardly works in his favour. The wealth of Leicester’s owners is estimated by Forbes to have shrunk from £4.5 billion in 2018 to £1.47bn today, with the wipeout of global air travel during the pandemic grievously affecting the family’s empire of duty-free stores. Except the impasse at Leicester is not solely the product of economics, but of a clash of philosophies.

In his programme notes for United’s visit, chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha argued that the consistent aim over the past 12 years was to “build your club up for long-term, sustainable success – we simply will not risk setting it down a path we don’t feel is responsible or in Leicester’s best interests”.
The problem is that Rodgers’ prescribed solution is for the club to spend their way out of trouble. Lashing out at a perceived lack of ambition at boardroom level, he declared, after a fifth defeat in six: “With the greatest respect, we have not had the help in the transfer market that this team needed.”

Is this truly a fair charge, though? Until the brakes were applied this summer, Rodgers had been lavishly backed. Indeed, a year earlier, he had the support of the largest net spend in Leicester’s history, strengthening through the acquisitions of Boubakary Soumare and Jannik Vestergaard, not to mention Ademola Lookman on a season-long loan. The return on investment has been patchy at best, with Daka an especially expensive misfire.

Look through Rodgers’ history and you detect a similar pattern. While he deserves credit for enlisting James Milner and Roberto Firmino in his final months at Liverpool, so many of his other purchases, from Fabio Borini to Mamadou Sakho, Luis Alberto to Iago Aspas, are perhaps best forgotten. As a motivating force for the players he inherits, Rodgers can be a revelation. But as the builder of a dynasty, he is proving again at Leicester that he leaves much to be desired.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663