They're talking about us

quite a good article here laying out the situation at the club. I don't think Tanner normally has great links at the club, but this reads like he's been briefed by someone wanting to get an alternative narrative out there.

Key points for me:
  • Confirmation that the medical team shake up was at BR's instance (I think this has been the biggest mistake he's made at the club).
  • Confirmation that Congleton was BR's choice. The new head of recruitment has been the clubs choice.
  • The implication that the players signed last year were therefore BR's choices.
  • The club were happy to let Kasper leave as he could be a difficult character (seemed to have worked okay for the previous 10 years....but probably shows the weakness in the management team).
  • There's a general sense of impending doom around a number of players being down to the final few years of their contract.
  • Youri is no longer a first choice player.

I think we knew all of these things already, but I haven't seen the national media really put them together in one place until now.
As much as I dislike Rodgers, the board have to take their fair share of responsibility for allowing all of this to happen.

It’s an absolute shambles. This club is only going one way.

As much as I dislike Rodgers, the board have to take their fair share of responsibility for allowing all of this to happen.

Isn’t this a sign that the club are taking back a bit of control?

How can Rodgers continually use injuries as an excuse, and manage to keep a straight face when doing so? The injury situation has been a complete shambles ever since he made the changes to the medical department.

There’s nothing wrong at the club, folks. Nothing at all.
Perhaps the board are starting to to get a grips with it? It is difficult because all we can do is speculate as we do not really know what is going on and nor should we really. If that info has been leaked to Rob Tanner that is not the right approach imo, however it would appear that the board and the chairman have recognised that BR approach, away from coaching, is going wrong and elements of the team around him were and are not fit for purpose.

The question is, if the article is accurate how long has this been going on, what have the board done to counteract it? Have they been looking at a new manager hence the reluctance to sign and sell players?

Weak leadership off the pitch has led to this.

Unfortunately we lost the fella who had a strong head for these types of things. No way does control get signed over to a manager like it has done if Vichai is around.

I can't blame Top as he was thrust into a very difficult situation and had no choice but to take on this role earlier than planned.

Whelan and Rudkin have let him down IMO. They are the seasoned pro's and they should have had a stronger stance.

I hope this is the start of the club taking back control and getting back to what it was.

I also expect that relationships are very strained and BR is very much on the outside from here on in.

Isn’t this a sign that the club are taking back a bit of control?

Exactly. The most obvious point being that we wouldn't be allowed into Europe next season even if we qualified (yes I know it's not looking likely anyway) due to our horrific wage bill.

When BR got his crazy improved contract, we surrendered control to him and we've been heading towards disaster ever since.

The club appear to have recognised their mistakes but it's going to be painful sorting things out.

Weak leadership off the pitch has led to this.

Unfortunately we lost the fella who had a strong head for these types of things. No way does control get signed over to a manager like it has done if Vichai is around.

I can't blame Top as he was thrust into a very difficult situation and had no choice but to take on this role earlier than planned.

Whelan and Rudkin have let him down IMO. They are the seasoned pro's and they should have had a stronger stance.

I hope this is the start of the club taking back control and getting back to what it was.

I also expect that relationships are very strained and BR is very much on the outside from here on in.
I think that has already happened.

If we had a head of recruitment in this summer and a different manager I think we would have signed more players.

The situation with Soumare, where he was due to leave until BR changed his mind, comes across as a BR power play to me.

I think the board needs to take a massive share. They have allowed issues to swallow all the good work Brendan has done, which is fairly undeniable, by giving him carte blanche to do what he will with the club.

I think the board needs to take a massive share. They have allowed issues to swallow all the good work Brendan has done, which is fairly undeniable... **Brendan is a genius**

...by giving him carte blanche to do what he will with the club **Brendan is incompetent**

Who the **** really knows what is going on?
What I do know is that player wise, we are in a stronger place than we were at the beginning of last season
Last year we had so many injuries and players coming back from injuries

It’s time for BR to change the tune and earn his corn.
Jeez, he gets paid enough !!

Who the **** really knows what is going on?
What I do know is that player wise, we are in a stronger place than we were at the beginning of last season
Last year we had so many injuries and players coming back from injuries

It’s time for BR to change the tune and earn his corn.
Jeez, he gets paid enough !!
And it's high time the players delivered. What a load of pussies they are. Every single one of them. Where is the backbone, the resolve and the determination? We are just a walkover physically.
Looking at the training pictures gallery, they look a right miserable group. Not laughing now are they?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663