They're talking about us

A very clumsy way of trying self-advertise.
He's desperate for attention to make sure he isn't forgotten, and the only way to get attention is to say something controversial.

Read the whole of Pearson's interview in the Times and for me, at this stage of the season, it's quite poor form for him to be publicly attempting to take credit for where we are. It isn't even the first time he has tried to take credit, he did it before just a couple of months ago. Once is surely enough. To repeatedly go on about it makes him come across as quite desperate, and must be a source of annoyance for the club, rather like when David Brent kept trying to return to The Office after he'd been sacked.

"I'll lock the doors"
"I'll still get in, you'll see"

In any case, I don't think he even has a point. His one great contribution was to bring Steve Walsh to the club. After that, Walsh provided him with a squad full of players we're now learning had the potential to challenge for the premier league title. The quality of the players he had at his disposal probably covered his tactical inadequacies in the championship, which were then ruthlessly exposed in the premier league. One doubts whether we'd have ever been promoted were it not for Walsh's signings, and I suspect any half decent manager would have got us up with such a quality squad for that level.

Pearson, of course, has never publicly credited Walsh (Ranieri did within a couple of weeks of joining, and keeps doing so), but rather has always attempted - and evidently continues to attempt - to take all of the credit for himself, when in fact I believe a rational observer would say he doesn't really deserve any of it. He got an exceptionally talented group of players promoted to the premier league at the 2nd attempt, and then he nearly destroyed it all with almost an entire season of bizarre tactics and team selections. Even if we credit Pearson with last season's turnaround (both the Birch and Ulloa have publicly hinted at Cambiasso being the main orchestrator), when you consider the quality of Walsh's signings, I think all he really did while he was here was meet the bare minimum expectations. Certainly not enough for him to be in the media every few weeks claiming he's the reason why we're top of the league. He simply isn't.

To me it read like an interview where he was asked questions about his input and answered them. Seems a fairly honest account and not one that I'd disagree hugely with. Is it a surprise he's not on good terms with certain people at a club that sacked him? A lot of people seem intent on getting angry over nothing again here.

Read the whole of Pearson's interview in the Times and for me, at this stage of the season, it's quite poor form for him to be publicly attempting to take credit for where we are. It isn't even the first time he has tried to take credit, he did it before just a couple of months ago. Once is surely enough. To repeatedly go on about it makes him come across as quite desperate, and must be a source of annoyance for the club, rather like when David Brent kept trying to return to The Office after he'd been sacked.

"I'll lock the doors"

In any case, I don't think he even has a point. His one great contribution was to bring Steve Walsh to the club. After that, Walsh provided him with a squad full of players we're now learning had the potential to challenge for the premier league title. The quality of the players he had at his disposal probably covered his tactical inadequacies in the championship, which were then ruthlessly exposed in the premier league. One doubts whether we'd have ever been promoted were it not for Walsh's signings, and I suspect any half decent manager would have got us up with such a quality squad for that level.

Pearson, of course, has never publicly credited Walsh (Ranieri did within a couple of weeks of joining, and keeps doing so), but rather has always attempted - and evidently continues to attempt - to take all of the credit for himself, when in fact I believe a rational observer would say he doesn't really deserve any of it. He got an exceptionally talented group of players promoted to the premier league at the 2nd attempt, and then he nearly destroyed it all with almost an entire season of bizarre tactics and team selections. Even if we credit Pearson with last season's turnaround (both the Birch and Ulloa have publicly hinted at Cambiasso being the main orchestrator), when you consider the quality of Walsh's signings, I think all he really did while he was here was meet the bare minimum expectations. Certainly not enough for him to be in the media every few weeks claiming he's the reason why we're top of the league. He simply isn't.

"I'll lock the doors"

I thought he last mentioned it a few months ago, for the first and only other time? Is that every few weeks in your world?

Certainly not enough for him to be in the media every few weeks claiming he's the reason why we're top of the league. He simply isn't.

I seem to have missed these utterances he's made. IIRC he's been quoted once in the Daily Star and done a matey interview appearance on the sofa on Sky, both back in September. And that's it until this interview with the Times' Oliver Kay.

The article today is less than revealing, simply because of the non-disclosure clause which the club insisted on as part of the severance package. NP takes it a bit far though as he even refuses to confirm whether he saw an ostrich on his recent holiday in South Africa. Otherwise as far as I can see the only controversial bit is the assignment of Kante as a "Ranieri signing" in our current starting XI which bar Kasper are all Pearson's.

"I'll lock the doors"

What a load of bollocks you talk.

What a load of bollocks you talk.

Which part don't you agree with?

I find it hard to believe anyone wouldn't credit Steve Walsh ahead of Pearson for our transfer business.

The only point I would consider up for debate is the extent to which Pearson's team selections and tactical knowledge affected results. Personally I think that this season has shown what a competent tactician can do with this squad of players, and shows Pearson's efforts to be incompetent at this level.

There has been some excellent additions to the playing staff, but we also lost our player of the season. I don't think think this season's playing staff are so much better than last season's that it accounts for the remarkable transformation. It's 95% down to having a manager who actually knows what he is doing, instead of Pearson, who didn't.

Unless some radically new evidence comes to light, this discussion will just be a rehash of what's been said countless of times before. Some are Team Pearson, some are not, and your reading of what he's saying will depend on that. I don't think we'll ever be able to settle the question of Pearson's influence and to me, it doesn't really matter anymore.

Unless some radically new evidence comes to light, this discussion will just be a rehash of what's been said countless of times before. Some are Team Pearson, some are not, and your reading of what he's saying will depend on that. I don't think we'll ever be able to settle the question of Pearson's influence and to me, it doesn't really matter anymore.

True enough

What I find bizarre is how quickly people have forgotten the end of last season - that most glorious and wonderful charge towards safety. That crazy, fearless Premier League-winning form we showed in those last few games. At the time it was possibly some of the greatest top flight football we've seen. It was definitely the most entertaining run of games I've witnessed. If it wasn't for the madness and glory of this season we would have been talking about that run of games for years and years and years.

And the record breaking Championship season the year before never even existed now, for most

Like I say, some football fans are very idiot. Very idiot indeed

True enough

What I find bizarre is how quickly people have forgotten the end of last season - that most glorious and wonderful charge towards safety. That crazy, fearless Premier League-winning form we showed in those last few games. At the time it was possibly some of the greatest top flight football we've seen. It was definitely the most entertaining run of games I've witnessed. If it wasn't for the madness and glory of this season we would have been talking about that run of games for years and years and years.

And the record breaking Championship season the year before never even existed now, for most

Like I say, some football fans are very idiot. Very idiot indeed
Football fans are generally not renowned for having (at least) two attributes:

1) Balance
2) Perspective.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00