They're talking about us

So 'data experts' predict the three relegated teams from the Premier League will finish in the top three positions in the Championship? Yeah, because it always works out like that doesn't it.

Hold on a minute

They’ve used the Monte Carlo method and at its heart is a Python-based match simulator that uses two Poisson distributions – one for the home team and one for the away team – to anticipate the number of goals each team could score in a match.
A Poisson distribution is a powerful mathematical concept that predicts the probability of a given number of events (in this case, goals) happening in a fixed interval of time. The key input to a Poisson distribution is the ‘lambda’ (λ) value, which represents the average rate of an event’s occurrence.

And you are doubting what they are saying ?

****ing idiots, the lot of you

Hold on a minute

They’ve used the Monte Carlo method and at its heart is a Python-based match simulator that uses two Poisson distributions – one for the home team and one for the away team – to anticipate the number of goals each team could score in a match.
A Poisson distribution is a powerful mathematical concept that predicts the probability of a given number of events (in this case, goals) happening in a fixed interval of time. The key input to a Poisson distribution is the ‘lambda’ (λ) value, which represents the average rate of an event’s occurrence.

Sarcastic son of a pitch.

well
What a pile of psuedo wank.

I only learned one thing from that article.

Nobody, in the history of the world, has ever looked more like a football manager than Tony Mowbray. The bloke couldn't possibly have ended up doing any other job with a face like that.

Also, I'd be confident that his first ever youth coach took one look at him & just chucked him a No 5 shirt without ever having to see him kick a ball.

Hold on a minute

Sounds a bit poissony to me.

I can't believe he is sitting on the bench to be honest. Was close to an England call up before his injury.
I see why you mean but who would you have played him ahead of against Cov? I think it’s a great sign of the depth we have at full-back. He’ll definitely get opportunities this season.

And what a great attitude he has.

I see why you mean but who would you have played him ahead of against Cov? I think it’s a great sign of the depth we have at full-back. He’ll definitely get opportunities this season.

And what a great attitude he has.

I think it makes Doyle a strange signing for that left back come centre back position though.

JJ has actually proven to be pretty adaptable and played RCB in a back 3 pretty well on numerous occassions.

Doyle looks a good signing, but JJ should also be excellent at this level if he's fit and ready. Hopefully we find space for both in the team soon.

I see why you mean but who would you have played him ahead of against Cov?
The centre back playing at left back maybe?

And then maybe that centre back could play instead of one of the clod hopping oafs currently playing centre back.

Last edited:
The centre back playing at left back maybe?

And then maybe that centre back could play instead of one of the clod hopping oafs currently playing centre back.
So you would have a back 3 of Doyle, Thomas and Faes?

Assume Doyle would play the central role?

Doyle played loads as a regular left back for Cov last year.

He also fits in perfectly for that position for us as when Ricardo goes awol, we shift to a back 3 which suits Doyle perfectly.

Im not really a fan of the hybrid RB/CM bollocks but if that is the system we will play, Doyle is pretty much the perfect player frofile to play that role.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663