They're talking about us

Brown Nose

Iheanacho is an old fashioned penalty box striker. He needs service and opportunities. His instinctive finishing is often very good.

As we only spend about two minutes of any game in the opposition penalty area and very little of that time is spent actually putting balls across the box or pulling back crosses, he has no service and no opportunity to shine.

Outside the box, he's a waste of time. If we had Lineker right now, he'd look no better than Iheanacho in this team. The football trend is against natural strikers. Very few appear to be flourishing any more.

Volpone

The football trend is against natural strikers. Very few appear to be flourishing any more.
I think you are absolutely right. Many teams are not playing with strikers these days. Man City and Chelsea didn't last weekend.

Giroud rarely gets a game. Ditto Troy Deeney etc.

Those that do play, like Lukaku, are hardly setting the league alight.

Everton have their own £27 million Turkish version of Slimani and he doesn't play much because his goal return is poor.

glyn

Interesting stat just appeared on screen in the Man C v Everton match

Fewest second half goals conceded this season
Man C 4
Liverpool 5
Arsenal 7
Leicester 7

SJN-Fox

I just watched “Premier League’s Greatest Moments” on Sky. That last ten minutes always brings on my hay fever

SJN-Fox

Some stats from Twitter ...

Premier League teams with more wins than losses this season
Liverpool
Tottenham
Manchester City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Manchester United
Leicester City
We're in some fairly decent company there. (That still doesn't excuse some of the awful football we've had to endure).

Urban fox

Are you suggeting that more than half of the teams in the league will win more than they lose?
No I suppose not on reflection but it does show that there is a definite gap between the top 6 and the rest. On the flip side you could actually still win more than you lost and be the wrong end of the table if the majority of your games were draws (ie win 3 lose 2, 33 draws = 42 points most likely somewhere between 13-16th). unlikely to happen of course.

camberwell fox

No I suppose not on reflection but it does show that there is a definite gap between the top 6 and the rest. On the flip side you could actually still win more than you lost and be the wrong end of the table if the majority of your games were draws (ie win 3 lose 2, 33 draws = 42 points most likely somewhere between 13-16th). unlikely to happen of course.
I was being awkward, sorry.

How many posts would you like to see on each page?

• No preference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest posts