They're talking about us

Sooner he didn't do this sort of thing to be honest, even though it is for a very good cause.

Would you rather him sit at home and play Call of Duty instead of raising money for a good cause?

I doubt he skipped any training sessions to do it.

Would you rather him sit at home and play Call of Duty instead of raising money for a good cause?

He's on it with Sturridge and Oxlade-Chamberlain, I assumed it might have been filmed while he was on England duty?

Leaving aside the very good cause, it is another media event and he seems to be doing far too many of these lately. It is a distraction away from his day job. If he was performing like he did last season then there would be no argument, but he isn't so there is.

Leaving aside the very good cause, it is another media event and he seems to be doing far too many of these lately. It is a distraction away from his day job. If he was performing like he did last season then there would be no argument, but he isn't so there is.
So, unless his performance matches your expectations Vards should stay in his sex palace or the training ground? Is there no circumstance where he could possibly pop out to Poundland or Nando's? Or is it just the media stuff you object to? I don't think you've thought this one through. I'd rather he isn't dwelling on being a bit shit.

I hope he doesn't get a personalised number plate, this place will explode.

So, unless his performance matches your expectations Vards should stay in his sex palace or the training ground? Is there no circumstance where he could possibly pop out to Poundland or Nando's? Or is it just the media stuff you object to? I don't think you've thought this one through. I'd rather he isn't dwelling on being a bit shit.

I hope he doesn't get a personalised number plate, this place will explode.
j9.jpg

Distraction away from his day job? His day job involves a training session most mornings and then a match or two.

So he has to do nothing but sulk when he's not training or playing?

You're in cloud cuckoo land.

Is there no circumstance where he could possibly pop out to Poundland or Nando's?.
No, there is no Nando's in Melton and the Poundland is a bit of a dump.

Plus there are a lot of Forest fans, but he may like the opportunity to wind some of them up, so maybe we should suggest that.

That's why he does it.

Distraction away from his day job? His day job involves a training session most mornings and then a match or two.

So he has to do nothing but sulk when he's not training or playing?

You're in cloud cuckoo land.
When managers are asked about truly star players, they don't do just the training sessions. They practise almost all the time.

Vardy would presumably have been doing that last season.

Why would you presume that? It doesn't naturally follow that if you practice almost all of the time you will play better.

He isn't playing to the same standard as last season for which there are numerous reasons both tactically and opposition wise.

I haven't seen that much of a dip in effort from him - he just needs a goal or two from somewhere to reegnite his spark. He certainly can't continually practise this element.

You would have to imagine that if you're out flogging books, doing media interviews, books signings and having a film made about you - it's going to have an effect in some way. Personally, I would have much preferred that he hadn't released his book. I know this is his time in the sun, but he's also being paid £100k+ per week and that should occupy his full concentration.

Of course saying all that, he was drinking port before every match last season and I would generally prefer players didn't do that either, but he did score 20+ goals....

If he only scores 10 this season will he re-negotiate his contract?

It was well documented last season that Jamie Vardy was a reserved and media shy character who just enjoyed going home and relaxing with his family after training and matches.

He said himself that he wasn't interested in the drinking and social scene and much preferred his quiet time at home.

The kind of activities he's partaking in this season are the exact opposite of this persona that he spoke about, and his performances are quite a distance away from those of that season.

It is no surprise that fans will look into things when he has received both a considerable increase in weekly wage and a fairly outrageous decrease in performance, go figure.

It is no surprise that fans will look into things when he has received both a considerable increase in weekly wage and a fairly outrageous decrease in performance, go figure.

How do you explain the other players who have had a considerable increase in weekly wage and a fairly outrageous decrease in performance, that haven't changed their media persona?

Mahrez and Morgan to name just two...

I think all players should be bubble wrapped and popped into a box when not playing.

How dare they do anything else.

I think all players should be bubble wrapped and popped into a box when not playing.

How dare they do anything else.
Can I have the bubble wrap afterwards? It's gives so much satisfaction to pop it.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663