They're talking about us

Really? Wow, you live and learn, I guess :023:

But it seems like most dont realise this and are using it as a stick to beat Puel with.

Good players have always moved on from us and always will, whoever the manager is.

Kante left under the stewardship of the messiah himself, Claudio, but people werent using that as an excuse to get rid of Claudio.

But it seems like most dont realise this and are using it as a stick to beat Puel with.

Good players have always moved on from us and always will, whoever the manager is.

Kante left under the stewardship of the messiah himself, Claudio, but people werent using that as an excuse to get rid of Claudio.
You really think that’s true, M17?

The world isn’t binary. People are allowed to fall part way along a spectrum, without having to sit at the extreme ends of it.

I’m sure most people, even on here, realise that this is the case. I might fear our better players leaving, but it doesn’t mean I don’t understand that it can easily happen.

The world isn’t binary. People are allowed to fall part way along a spectrum, without having to sit at the extreme ends of it.

I’m sure most people, even on here, realise that this is the case. I might fear our better players leaving, but it doesn’t mean I don’t understand that it can easily happen.
people keep bring it up as a reason why they want he manager gone so yes it has been an issue used to attack the manager

Yes but whoever the manager is, we will always have that fear of losing our better players in the foreable future.

Even if we won the league for the next 3 years in a row, players would still want to move on if the likes of Barcelona/Real Madrid and the real big boys came in for them.

It's a nonesense argument to use as a reason to move Puel on, as are the majority that are put across on here.

Surely if our better players moved on, it would be more a sign of Puel's good work rather than the opposite.

people keep bring it up as a reason why they want he manager gone so yes it has been an issue used to attack the manager
Not everyone does, though. There are multiple reasons why people want Puel gone and they are equally as valid as the reasons why you want to keep him. They are, after all, just opinions.

Not everyone does, though. There are multiple reasons why people want Puel gone and they are equally as valid as the reasons why you want to keep him. They are, after all, just opinions.
I never said they do, just answering you reply, I've seen it mentioned multiple times as if the only reason the likes of Maguire or Chilwell may want to leave is if Claude stays which is frankly ridiculous.

Hell Chilwell is likely to feel a lot of loyalty to Puel as until early this season a majority of Leicester fans would probably still have picked Fuchs over him but Puel's faith in him has lead to him being England's starting left back on merit and not just because of an injury, Maddison spoke of how Puel was a big factor in him signing too.

Yes his style doesn't totally suit Vardy and Kasper's dad chose to spout off about him but that doesn't mean all the key players feel that way and want him gone.

Yes but whoever the manager is, we will always have that fear of losing our better players in the foreable future.

Even if we won the league for the next 3 years in a row, players would still want to move on if the likes of Barcelona/Real Madrid and the real big boys came in for them.

It's a nonesense argument to use as a reason to move Puel on, as are the majority that are put across on here.

Surely if our better players moved on, it would be more a sign of Puel's good work rather than the opposite.
As above, people have opinions, just like you do. That’s fine, it’s ok to see things differently. You have reasons to think he should stay in place, others have reasons to think he should go.

I don’t think your opinions are nonsense, but equally others aren’t speaking nonsense when giving theirs.

It is a fact that players who perform will be targeted by bigger fish. That isn’t Puel’s fault, absolutely. On the other hand, it’s not unreasonable to suggest that it gives you a marginally better chance of holding onto a player, even just for an extra year (for example), if the team is performing well and achieving something.

I never said they do, just answering you reply, I've seen it mentioned multiple times as if the only reason the likes of Maguire or Chilwell may want to leave is if Claude stays which is frankly ridiculous.

Hell Chilwell is likely to feel a lot of loyalty to Puel as until early this season a majority of Leicester fans would probably still have picked Fuchs over him but Puel's faith in him has lead to him being England's starting left back on merit and not just because of an injury, Maddison spoke of how Puel was a big factor in him signing too.

Yes his style doesn't totally suit Vardy and Kasper's dad chose to spout off about him but that doesn't mean all the key players feel that way and want him gone.
A majority of fans would rather have picked Fuchs?

Maddison would hardly say any different, would he?

I value different opinions. As I’ve said before, I’ve reached the Puel out threshold eventually, but that’s more because I can’t see the current state of division in the fanbase/club being sustainable. United we stand, divided we fall etc etc

A majority of fans would rather have picked Fuchs?

Maddison would hardly say any different, would he?

I value different opinions. As I’ve said before, I’ve reached the Puel out threshold eventually, but that’s more because I can’t see the current state of division in the fanbase/club being sustainable. United we stand, divided we fall etc etc
go back to the start of this season and read comments about Chilwell, up until he stared for England he was still being slated by some and yes at the start of the season I would say a majority of fans would have prefered Fuchs simply because it was him

It's not that I wouldn't expect to lose the odd player if we were successful, it's that the purpose of the Puel approach is developing players for other clubs to benefit from.

When you play young players, some flourish and some flounder. We've got examples of both right now. Those that flourish have to be provided with two things in order to maximise the chances of keeping them. One is money. The other is success on the pitch.

We have paid big salaries to our proven players over recent years. So much so, that some of our stars have been earning as much here as they would have at pretty much any other club in the league. As a result, some have chosen to stay here rather than leave when they had the opportunity to do so. That's a genuine and very exciting indicator of progress. However, we've now stalled on this and appear to be being overtaken by the likes of Everton, West Ham and Wolves. Our transfer and wages spending is sliding backwards (comparatively) and that's a problem. The youth policy doesn't work when players can leave and earn much better elsewhere.

The other issue is that we don't look like competing to win anything under Puel. He either doesn't seem to want to do well (in the domestic cups) or his insistence on playing a certain style leads us to drop points in winnable games meaning we slide back into the pack in the league. A mid table side not competing for cups will not encourage good players to stay put. And that's all we can do under this manager.

This is why I don't see the sense in his approach. The whole thing is a colossal waste of time. If any of our young players flourish, they will want to leave. We will be left with those that cannot do any better. We will then try to develop more young players and the same cycle will go on. Except it will inevitably be a regressive one - as a club like Southampton have realised. Ultimately, the most likely outcome is failure and relegation.

go back to the start of this season and read comments about Chilwell, up until he stared for England he was still being slated by some and yes at the start of the season I would say a majority of fans would have prefered Fuchs simply because it was him

Pre-match thread on here for the first match of the season. Not one person mentions Fuchs starting :102:

My model of what we should be aiming to be:

1. A substantially smaller squad of players at first team, U23 and academy level. I think we could cull 30-40 from the current groups.
  2. Invest in a manager and coaching staff with proven experience of both developing players and being successful. Pay whatever it takes to get the best possible team in.
  3. Two separate transfer policies, neither of which are controlled by the manager. One to recruit U20s from around the world with talent. The other to invest big on a small number of players each year that have either failed at top clubs at young ages or who are excelling at lower level clubs.
  4. When signing any player, ensure that their character, attitude and ambition is right. We did this successfully for years but have forgot it over recent seasons.
  5. Pay top level salaries for those players that do well with us. Performance bonuses to be set at the highest allowable levels for players and staff.
  6. Be utterly ruthless with offers incoming for our better players. Set astronomical fees and stick to them.
  7. Play a style of football that differs from those sides with bigger budgets and better players. Don't play football that they want us to play against them. Do what your opponent doesn't want you to do.
  8. Maximise performance at set pieces both offensively and defensively. Be original, unpredictable and aggressive.
  9. Set clear ambitions such as to win two trophies in the next decade or qualify for European football through league position at least once every three years.
  10. Finally, continually communicate to players, staff and fans in clear and simple language what we're doing and how we're doing it.

My model of what we should be aiming to be:

1. A substantially smaller squad of players at first team, U23 and academy level. I think we could cull 30-40 from the current groups.
  2. Invest in a manager and coaching staff with proven experience of both developing players and being successful. Pay whatever it takes to get the best possible team in.
  3. Two separate transfer policies, neither of which are controlled by the manager. One to recruit U20s from around the world with talent. The other to invest big on a small number of players each year that have either failed at top clubs at young ages or who are excelling at lower level clubs.
  4. When signing any player, ensure that their character, attitude and ambition is right. We did this successfully for years but have forgot it over recent seasons.
  5. Pay top level salaries for those players that do well with us. Performance bonuses to be set at the highest allowable levels for players and staff.
  6. Be utterly ruthless with offers incoming for our better players. Set astronomical fees and stick to them.
  7. Play a style of football that differs from those sides with bigger budgets and better players. Don't play football that they want us to play against them. Do what your opponent doesn't want you to do.
  8. Maximise performance at set pieces both offensively and defensively. Be original, unpredictable and aggressive.
  9. Set clear ambitions such as to win two trophies in the next decade or qualify for European football through league position at least once every three years.
  10. Finally, continually communicate to players, staff and fans in clear and simple language what we're doing and how we're doing it.
11. Sack Mike Stowell and have him arrested if ever seen on LCFC premises again

Is there any reason why we can't develop young players to sell on eventually but also try and win cups? Can't see a reason myself.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463