They're talking about us

If Newcastle and Spuds are the best offers on the table, I think we can get him to sign and stay for another year.

Of the two, I actually think Newcastle are the bigger threat, especially if they get Champions League

Absolutely no chance he signs a contract.
I tend to disagree. I think there's a chance. He's a pretty grounded individual. Ambitious, yes, but he's got a brain and may see a move to one of the big big clubs as a risk that he'll become a bench warmer.

It's worth noting that Maddison turns 27 before the end of the year - coming to his peak realistically.

Which could mean he has one chance at a big move. Like I said, if Spurs/Newcastle come in for him and aren't in the Champions League, I think there's a good chance he stays for 1 more year to get a better move.

Man City will need to replace Bernardo Silva and KDB pretty soon...

There will always be a little good boy type player like Mason Mount picked ahead of him in the England squad. Move to one of the scab clubs and he won’t get to take all of the free kicks and corners and in two years time he’ll be on the scrap heap just because of the way they turn players over.

A move to Newcastle would be heartbreaking and shatter my opinion of him as a person, which is quite high considering he dresses like a ****ing tool and celebs it up at the darts.

Stay here Madderz. Name your price, wear the armband, do whatever the **** you like. Put five stone on if you want. Play on crutches if needs be. I ****ing love watching him and he’s blossomed into something approaching peak Mahrez.

I tend to disagree. I think there's a chance. He's a pretty grounded individual. Ambitious, yes, but he's got a brain and may see a move to one of the big big clubs as a risk that he'll become a bench warmer.
I agree there's a chance, but we can be certain that if there is a new contract it'll will have clauses in it allowing him to go elsewhere if we don't progress sharply. He's sensible enough to look at those players who have gone to Manchester City and dropped off through lack of playing time but he'll also want to stay in the England setup - if a club like Newcastle want to build around him that's going to suit

I think the only way he signs a new contract is if he suffers a bad injury and we’re happy to still offer him an extension. Other than that I can’t see why it makes sense for him to sign one, which in all likelihood means he leaves this summer, unless nobody offers a reasonable fee, in which case we end up in the same boat as we are with Youri.

150687B7-88BD-450D-8510-A20B819A1827.jpeg

Can you wear these and sign for Newcastle? How much does a person’s set of values and beliefs cost? I hope we don’t find out.

View attachment 17467

Can you wear these and sign for Newcastle? How much does a person’s set of values and beliefs cost? I hope we don’t find out.
I do hope Maddison recognises that playing for Newcastle, or Man City for that matter, is essentially willingly offering oneself to operate as a cog in a huge sports washing machine for personal gain.

I think every single “top 6” side can make a case for needing/wanting Maddison.

Man City always gobble up players like him and have an aging midfield.

Liverpool need an entire overhaul in the middle of the pitch.

Arsenal have already expressed interest. They have good options in his position, but they have a pretty small squad.

Chelsea are greedy twats.

Spurs lack a player like him completely. Son is probably due a move.

Man U, he’s a ready made replacement for Eriksen.

I think it’s really unlikely we keep him and we will be saying goodbye to him and Youri at the end of this season. Which honestly, is ****ing shit. Our best two players since Mahrez, really.

He’s an ambitious, focused and highly talented player for sure. It’s those qualities which have got him to where he is now. He won’t change that view of himself and will in-turn back himself to be a success anywhere I believe. For that reason alone he’ll want to leave

I don't think the market for Maddison is very big. Getting him into a side isn't simple. We've had problems with it, as obviously have England. He doesn't fit the currently popular 4-3-3 very well.

He also has a chronic hip problem that reoccurs fairly regularly.

If anyone does come in for him in the summer, the offer will be derisory. Nobody is going to pay much more than £30m for a player in the last year of his contract.

I don't think the market for Maddison is very big. Getting him into a side isn't simple. We've had problems with it, as obviously have England. He doesn't fit the currently popular 4-3-3 very well.

He also has a chronic hip problem that reoccurs fairly regularly.

If anyone does come in for him in the summer, the offer will be derisory. Nobody is going to pay much more than £30m for a player in the last year of his contract.
Rubbish. He's assist and goals alone means he walks into every side in the league.

He'll prob to to Chelsea and then be injured for 18 months. Maybe.

Rubbish. He's assist and goals alone means he walks into every side in the league.

We'll see. Remember that his goal and assist record is good here because everything goes through him. He won't find that if he moves.

Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool would have to significantly change formation to fit him in.

The other three would have to see him as an upgrade on De Bruyne, Fernandes or Odegaard. Not going to happen.

I totally get the interest from Newcastle. That makes sense. I don't see the others being interested.

We'll see. Remember that his goal and assist record is good here because everything goes through him. He won't find that if he moves.

Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool would have to significantly change formation to fit him in.

The other three would have to see him as an upgrade on De Bruyne, Fernandes or Odegaard. Not going to happen.

I totally get the interest from Newcastle. That makes sense. I don't see the others being interested.
I agree, Newcastle is the best fit for him (as painful as it is to say this). The sales pitch that Howe will give him is pretty compelling I would imagine.

Yep. All he needs to do is ask his mate Grealish, who naively thought his numbers would improve when he went to Man City.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563