They're talking about us

Apparently there's going to be some further detail released by the aviation agencies about the helicopter crash on Weds (according to the when you're smiling podcast)

Sheff Utd are bound to make us lose our record at some point this season. Glad we're holding it a bit longer though. Derby likely to be robbed of theirs too.

From a Norwich forum: https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?...r-2nd-attempt/&do=findComment&comment=2943445

Has to be said that even though Leicester have a lot of good players to work with I was really impressed with them tactically. They always had a pass on, their playing out from the back was superb and extremely inventive, when most teams start passing out a lot of players take it as a cue to have a quick breather but their players were always moving around the field and showing for the ball. They always seemed to have overloads when attacking and their movement caused problems for our man marking system.

I often criticize teams who try to play possession football below the top of the PL because clubs tend to be implement it through coaches who are acolytes of Pep's 2008 Barca team and play the same way, a little too slow, a little too robotic and cautious and pass for pass sake and too reliant on technical quality to create something from nothing. It's hard to make that work unless you have a much better team than the opposition or like us under Farke you have a couple of players that force the opposition to sit deep.

But Maresca's Leicester look like a mini version of what Pep's been doing at Man City for the past few seasons which is quite different to what he did in the past and his football is now played at a faster pace with more back and forwards instead of side to side passing with quick transitions and little innovations like having the FB's come inside more to act as extra midfielders and a GK who is used to play long passes for deeper runners. Fundamentally it's still the same but he's adapted it a bit for the athleticism and frenetic pace of English football and has come up with some clever innovations to counter being pressed and hit on the break. I was particularly impressed by how they played out from the back, I'm not tactically literate enough to explain exactly how they did it but while every player engaging with that phase of play instead of taking a rest helped, their positioning and movement from their cm's meant that they always had options and their striker dropping so deep for GK's meant that they had an option to play a straight pass into him when we did mark all their defenders and it left us exposed. We eventually wised up to that straight ball to Ihernacho but knowing that the pass to him was always on meant that we were always out of position and exposed from all their GK's and our players were confused by when they should press and in what areas.

Again it's with the caveat of the fact that they have better players than every other team in this league but I've not been that impressed by a visiting team on a tactical level since Wagner's Huddersfield rocked up and taught us a lesson in 2017.

He's got that spot on. I was thinking yesterday what a steal Mads has been. 5 odd million? Already worth twice that and will be our best keeper by a long way in due course. And that's said even though I loved Kasper and go back as far as Banks!

He's got that spot on. I was thinking yesterday what a steal Mads has been. 5 odd million? Already worth twice that and will be our best keeper by a long way in due course. And that's said even though I loved Kasper and go back as far as Banks!
That's very high praise, Speedy!

In this system he is the perfect goalkeeper. And there's a lot more to his game than just being good with his feet. Mads and Winks were massive signings for us.

Bit mad to compare what we paid for Hermansen and what Utd paid for Onana.

Early days for both, but hard to see 40+ million between them.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663