Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find a supermarket that sells Daddies brown sauce anywhere.

Have they stopped making it?

Daddies was an HP product. HP was owned by Danone. Danone sold HP to Heinz. Heinz probably didn't want two brown sauces competing with its own more famous red one, so reduced (or ceased) production of Daddies. It's certainly not now stocked by TESCO or Sainsbury in this area.

I know that the Competition Commission has looked into this but I don't recall seeing the outcome.

Last edited:
Daddies was an HP product. HP was owned by Danone. Danone sold HP to Heinz. Heinz probably didn't want two brown sauces competing with its own more famous red one, so reduced (or ceased) production of Daddies. It's certainly not now stocked by TESCO or Sainsbury in this area.

I know that the Competition Commission has looked into this but I don't recall seeing the outcome.

Thanks Boc. I thought it may be something like that.

I'll start perusing my smaller, independent shops as I'm sure they'll still have some lurking.

Thanks Boc. I thought it may be something like that.

I'll start perusing my smaller, independent shops as I'm sure they'll still have some lurking.

Look out for the Use By dates!
:icon_wink

True, but YR sauce is even nicer.

Put music in your food.........

http://www.reggaereggaesauce.com/

levi_roots_reggae_reggae_sauce.jpg

Last edited:
I can't find a supermarket that sells Daddies brown sauce anywhere.

Have they stopped making it?
Mr H has been on a quest to find Daddies brown sauce; we found it in Makro, if you know anyone with a card and all that. If not, PM me and we'll try to sort something out.

HP is better anyway.
Since shutting down UK production, a lot of people are boycotting it. I personally think it's the condiment of Satan, and wouldn't have it in the house, if it was left to me.

Mr H has been on a quest to find Daddies brown sauce; we found it in Makro, if you know anyone with a card and all that. If not, PM me and we'll try to sort something out.

Thank you, I'll bear that in mind.

Somebody's recently been trying to persuade me to have tomato ketchup on my bacon sandwiches instead and it's starting to look like the easiest option.

Thank you, I'll bear that in mind.

Somebody's recently been trying to persuade me to have tomato ketchup on my bacon sandwiches instead and it's starting to look like the easiest option.

Don't do it

You'll hate yourself in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611