This cannot go on........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm right in saying you weren't there last night, apologies if you were.

But on the basis you weren;t, the tactics were fine last night, we used width to create space against a team with 10 men behind the ball, we defended well and by switching the play from right to left and keeping possession we created chances.

The fact we didn't score isn't down to tactics its down to individual ability and confidence.

What a manager can do about a young striker going through a bad patch is beyond me, apart from stick with him and wait for the goals to come.

I wasn't there last night, but my views are based not on one game but on what has clearly been a very poor start to the season, where many of the players look under prepared and poorly motivated. And to add fuel to my concerns there have been a number of posts who have questioned the attitudes and mentality of a number of the current squad.

There is a lot more to this than most of us think, but it would seem to be a very unhappy and unstable situation, a reciepe for disaster.

And to add fuel to my concerns there have been a number of posts who have questioned the attitudes and mentality of a number of the current squad.

There is a lot more to this than most of us think, but it would seem to be a very unhappy and unstable situation, a reciepe for disaster.

But there are a number of posts not questioning attitudes and mentality. The Southend game was a decent example of having a better 'Championship Mentality' than previous regimes/teams/managers - where they would have conceded a late goal we held on to win 3 points.

And what do you mean by the last comment? By my understanding, the players are happy and stable and have a good team spirit, and that is from reliable sources. I'd like you to expand on it further if you aren't reading between the lines of posts on here and instead have something based on evidence.

The main problem is central midfield!!

No energy, no creativity and no imagination. Andy Johnson is awful a has been who is always five yards off the pace chasing like an old man.

Last season Joey was the only onje who looked half interested, he used to run past lazy williams to receive throw ins etc and he was the only one supporting the strikers.

All good teams have midfielders running past the ball to support the strikers.
We do not.

As for Johansson he should never play again, you can't come out and say I can't wait to leave and play in the Premiership again and then play like that. He is awful, so one paced, an embarrasment. He's so bad i'd rather have tiatto left back!!

Sterman was poor too, i thing he is believing the hype that he's meant to be quite good.

I was hoping that I would have calmed down by this morning, this kind of stress is not good for the heart, but if anything I am more angry.

We have a squad which cost more than most in this division to put together and run (at least double that of Hull) and we aren't anywhere near showing it, something has to change.

Whilst I hope RK proves me wrong, as I believe management continuity is critical to football sucess, I can only see allarming similarities to Forest under Kinnear.

I was hoping that I would have calmed down by this morning, this kind of stress is not good for the heart, but if anything I am more angry.

We have a squad which cost more than most in this division to put together and run (at least double that of Hull) and we aren't anywhere near showing it, something has to change.

Whilst I hope RK proves me wrong, as I believe management continuity is critical to football sucess, I can only see allarming similarities to Forest under Kinnear.

and us under levein, real deja vu last night.

and us under levein, real deja vu last night.

Agreed on that, it was like under Levein, we play ok- concede- play crap.

The only difference IMO (and it seems to be a lone opinion) was that we created chances which we never did against teams with 10 men behind the ball under CL.

Agreed on that, it was like under Levein, we play ok- concede- play crap.

The only difference IMO (and it seems to be a lone opinion) was that we created chances which we never did against teams with 10 men behind the ball under CL.

I wouldnt say they were really deffinite chances more, the odd pass to the front two that got them somewhere near the goal but without ever really threatening the goal IMO.

Completly Agree Hughes and Johnson have no legs there were always second to the ball. No Pace and No cutting edge doesn't help our strikers.
And as for Nils he was shit. Drop him for Sunderland on last night performance i'd be surprised if a league 1 club would want him.

Last edited:

Completly Agree Hughes and Johnson have no legs there were always second to the ball. No Pace and No cutting edge doesn't help our strikers.
And as for Nils he was shit. Drop him for Sunderland on last night performance i'd be surprised if a league 1 club would want him.

I do agree that the centre midfield is limited but we had 71% possession which means someone must have been winning the ball and keeping it. I actually thought Hughes was ok last night played better than against Southend and Johnson started badly and when he did the holding role (ie winning the loose balls and keeping possession with short simple passes) he was ok too.

Against teams who are quicker and better than Hull (most then) I agree we will be found out.

I wouldnt say they were really deffinite chances more, the odd pass to the front two that got them somewhere near the goal but without ever really threatening the goal IMO.

I disagree. I'm starting to think I should watch a video of the game to see if I was hallucinating or plain wrong cause I thought we should have been 2/3 up at half time with some of the simple chances we missed.

Porter and Fryatt to highlight 2.

Can someone please tell me a) why Curbishley would even think of coming to Leicester City in it's current state and b) with no money, what he would do to turn things around?

Pointless constantly changing the Manager.I wasn't for Kelly getting the job but I wouldn't be getting rid of him yet.

IF I was together another Manager I would go for a Old Head,its no use having an Inexperienced Manager managing an Inexperienced team IMO

That about sums up my stance too.

Pray Mandaric is on his way, thats all I can say.

He could bolster the attendance figures by bringing his show biz chums too

I do agree that the centre midfield is limited but we had 71% possession which means someone must have been winning the ball and keeping it. I actually thought Hughes was ok last night played better than against Southend and Johnson started badly and when he did the holding role (ie winning the loose balls and keeping possession with short simple passes) he was ok too.

Against teams who are quicker and better than Hull (most then) I agree we will be found out.

I agree with you Dunc, should have been 3-0 after 30 mins then shut up shop. Because of all the missed chances, and there were alot IMO, Hull were given impoteus after half time. Thier goalie was superb i thought too, once they scored we just collapsed really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669