This is more like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with MB, at the end of the day, since Kelly took over the players have won the games that have mattered, there was bound to be a level of relaxation once safety was secured, it has been a tense, physically and mentally draining 3 months and there was bound to be a match when it caught up with the players, and that was yesterday.

Remember under Adams after securing promotion we didnt win a game in the last 3. It will happen, but lets hope yesterday's result gave a reality check and that Rob gets a decent reaction in the last 3 games, as for season ticket sales, I doubt very much anybody would be swayed by one defeat.

Last edited:
Redditch Fox said:
Nice to hear a bit of sense amidst the dross.

Anyone who knows anything about professional football would anticipate that there would be a reaction once safety had been achieved.

Also, at this time of the season there is a tendency - not of course a certainty- that teams that need points take them, and those that don't - well don't. PNE wanted their play off place wrapped up asap and would have been more up for it than us.

Finally, I hope people are not going to get too excited about beating Cov....cos I think thay may be disappointed.

IMO our toy soldiers are being put back in the box until next season now. RK has done a genuinely remarkable job, but we ain't that brilliant and are still facing a problematic future because of the finance (lack of) situation.

Finally, I like the note of realism from the FT about our new chairman...... no fairy godfathers around the Walkers then.

Good post RF, but on the Cov issue, I think we can expect something from our players. Whether or not we have anything to play for in terms of the league, if our players can't motivate themselves for a local derby when we have 5,000 fans going then they shouldn't be our players. And we've seen what they can do when they are motivated so let's try and keep the confidence of the last couple of months and have a bit of fun at the Ricoh. (Is 5000 our biggest away league following since???????)

On the new chairman issue, it was my assumption that he has been an 'investor' for years and whilst he might buy a few more shares, nothing much would change in terms of how much cash he gave to the club. For next season, I think our only money will come from the final parachute payment and the (alleged) £1 million from Wigan for staying up as part of the Connelly deal. I'd also guess most of this has been budgetted for and little will be available for transfers. Anyone know any different? I suppose that Joey, Tiatto, Morris and MDV (?) leaving will cut the wage bill and allow some low cost dealings but not huge moves. Does anyone know anything about kelly's potential ability in the transfer market or what sort of players he's likely to go for?

If the players don't at least try and produce something for the 5000 travelling support tomorrow then there is something seriously wrong with their attitude.

fitz said:
Doggie_muz said:
(Is 5000 our biggest away league following since???????)

think we had more for blackburn away last season

Did we play Blackburn in the League last season?

Duzza said:
If the players don't at least try and produce something for the 5000 travelling support tomorrow then there is something seriously wrong with their attitude.
for the money they earn they should be doing it for every game.

bocadillo said:
Did we play Blackburn in the League last season?

fa cup quarter final i think, wen levein was god in the eyes on fickle boneheads

fitz said:
Doggie_muz said:
think we had more for blackburn away last season

We took 7,000 to Blackburn last year I think, but that was a cup game (and a really dull one at that). I was just wondering when we last took 5,000 to an away league game - I know we've taken about 4,500 to F***st a few times but in my few years I can't remember us beating that.

Doggie_muz said:
fitz said:
Doggie_muz said:

We took 7,000 to Blackburn last year I think, but that was a cup game (and a really dull one at that). I was just wondering when we last took 5,000 to an away league game - I know we've taken about 4,500 to F***st a few times but in my few years I can't remember us beating that.

think we took around 5000 to the sheep last season

Foxes_Trust said:
He has bought £250k shares, end of story.

So don't bank on spending in the summer, it will be bargain basement shopping that's all

Unless we sell,I would sacrifice one of our best assets in order to fund getting in 3 or 4 decent players.If a decent offer comes in for Stearman,Hume,Fryatt etc then I think we should take it.

highland fox said:
Unless we sell,I would sacrifice one of our best assets in order to fund getting in 3 or 4 decent players.If a decent offer comes in for Stearman,Hume,Fryatt etc then I think we should take it.
It would have to be substantial

highland fox said:

Why take the gamble? - we know that these three players can perform and they are all young. Surely we'd be better getting rid of all the dead wood (MDV, Tiatto, Morris, Momo?) and use the room in the wages budget to bring in a few frees / cheaps. I think there will be a (very) little bit of money floating around from parachute payment and connelly million which will just about get us a CB, CM, LM (hopefully Welch) and RM. Selling our talented youngsters is counterproductive and reverses all the good that has been done in the last year.

Doggie_muz said:
Why take the gamble? - we know that these three players can perform and they are all young. Surely we'd be better getting rid of all the dead wood (MDV, Tiatto, Morris, Momo?) and use the room in the wages budget to bring in a few frees / cheaps. I think there will be a (very) little bit of money floating around from parachute payment and connelly million which will just about get us a CB, CM, LM (hopefully Welch) and RM. Selling our talented youngsters is counterproductive and reverses all the good that has been done in the last year.

So you would turn down 5 million for Stearman ?

Duzza said:
I wouldn't take less than a couple of mil for Fryatt or Hume

Agreed...again:icon_conf .I'm not saying sell them at any cost but if a decent offer comes in then I'd take it,we aren't in a financial position to say No.I think I'm being misunderstood I'm not saying sell them all just one or maybe two.We'll see anyway because I fully expect offers to come in for some of our better players in the close season.Unlike last season we at least have some assets thanks to the useless speccy Jocko twat.

Last edited:
If we were to sell one of the youngsters, IMO the best one to sell would be Stearman, as a right back he would be replaceable where as if we sell either Fryatt or Hume then I think we would no doubt struggle to make any impact on the play off positions, in the promotion season under Adams, Dickov and Deane proved the value of having strikers capable of scoring at this level, and that is why it is key that we keep Fryatt and Hume.

highland fox said:
Agreed...again:icon_conf .I'm not saying sell them at any cost but if a decent offer comes in then I'd take it,we aren't in a financial position to say No.I think I'm being misunderstood I'm not saying sell them all just one or maybe two.We'll see anyway because I fully expect offers to come in for some of our better players in the close season.Unlike last season we at least have some assets thanks to the useless speccy Jocko twat.

agreed again :icon_lol:

proclaimers.jpg

highland fox said:
Unlike last season we at least have some assets thanks to the useless speccy Jocko twat.

Don't talk about yourself in the third person HF, people will start to think you are coming down with Adams syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669