• Bottom half

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • relegation

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the highlights from Barnsley it looked like we had 3 or 4 good chances to score, but none of the feckers can. Get a decent striker in and we should be putting half of these chances away

I can't remember those - I can, however recall them hitting the post twice, and having about half a dozen other chances being saved by heroic blocks from defenders and keeper, plus a couple of golden chances which they simply missed

We were actually shat on from start to finish

I didn't go so can only go on the highlights on the OS, but against Colchester I thought we played some decent football.

I can't remember those - I can, however recall them hitting the post twice, and having about half a dozen other chances being saved by heroic blocks from defenders and keeper, plus a couple of golden chances which they simply missed

We were actually shat on from start to finish

Surely that validates my point of our good defence?

We had a lot of the game and a lot of chances against Bristol City and should have won, but some you win, some you lose and some you draw.

Seen plenty of games when the 'best' team has not won.

We had a lot of the game and a lot of chances against Bristol City and should have won, but some you win, some you lose and some you draw.

Seen plenty of games when the 'best' team has not won.

Chuck you have got to realise

If we play rubbish and win we were lucky
If we play well and win its due to the players

If we play well and draw its not good enough and we should have won
If we play rubbish and draw we were lucky

If we lose its always Holloways fault

:icon_wink

Not everything is Holloways fault,there seems a deep rooted problem at the Club.However some seem to completely absolve him of any blame at all.There opinion might hold a bit more weight if they did actually point out one or two of Hollloways failings and not treat him as some sort of God who is fire-proof because we must have stability

Not everything is Holloways fault,there seems a deep rooted problem at the Club.However some seem to completely absolve him of any blame at all.There opinion might hold a bit more weight if they did actually point out one or two of Hollloways failings and not treat him as some sort of God who is fire-proof because we must have stability

It's nothing new though that there exists on here an all or nothing approach to most opinions

Says it all. Likeable man - but won't be able to cut it at the level to which we would hope to aspire.

I don't understand this argument, when he left Plymouth, they were what, 6th?

What exactly leads you to believe he's not able to cut it at the level which we would hope to aspire?

Concider

The tactics
Player selection
Players bought
Players playing out of position
Motivational skills
and most importantly this seasons results

Then let us know. If we do not get relegated and ollie lasts until this time next season. where do you think we will be.

Relegation? I think so

Two words three F's.

Oh and its 'consider'. Lets just get Saturday out of the way first.

I don't understand this argument, when he left Plymouth, they were what, 6th?

What exactly leads you to believe he's not able to cut it at the level which we would hope to aspire?

I think he got lucky at Plymouth. His general record as a football manager is not good at all.
His record for having an enormous amout to say - generally nonsense - is exceptional.

One of the things he was right about was that Plymouth would sell their best players in the January window. They did. But for quite a time - and well after Holloway had gone - they continued to be highly competitive.

I think he got lucky at Plymouth. His general record as a football manager is not good at all.
His record for having an enormous amout to say - generally nonsense - is exceptional.

One of the things he was right about was that Plymouth would sell their best players in the January window. They did. But for quite a time - and well after Holloway had gone - they continued to be highly competitive.

How you can say he got Lucky at Plymouth when they steadily improved after he got there is baffling.

His general win ratio is 38% which is average for most managers, Billy Davies win ration is 40% but he has only managed in 300 games were as Holloway has had 600 games as manager.

You suggest he talks nonsense but then point out that he was right in saying Plymouth would sell there best players, therefore contradicting yourself.

Highland pointed out that some people believe Holloway can do no wrong, unfortunately the same amount of people believe Holloway can do no right. :icon_wink

This time next season, I think we will be about 11th in the Championship.

This time next season, I think we will be about 11th in the Championship.

I hope not, if Holloway is still in charge people will be calling for him to be sacked because we arent in the play offs!

You suggest he talks nonsense but then point out that he was right in saying Plymouth would sell there best players, therefore contradicting yourself.

Highland pointed out that some people believe Holloway can do no wrong, unfortunately the same amount of people believe Holloway can do no right. :icon_wink

Given that he says so much, it's not exactly astonishing that he gets the odd bit right.

As you say - there are people who think Holloway can do no wrong. I don't think this is for football-led reasons but is because they enjoy his quirky character.

As far as I am concerned his results at Leicester are abysmal. We all hope that we get away with it this season, but I think that it would be a massive misjudgement to let him carry on.

This is only an opinion. He might produce fantastic results neext season - but I believe that to be unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670