Tiatto Offered New Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Hunt Smells said:
I wouldnt go that far, but he is a legend in my eyes. :icon_razz

I will always remeber that cracker against Derby away 2 seasons ago (the latter stages of Micky Adams' reign).

An amazing goal from the big man!

I am not really an MDV fan but and the end of the day he is in the side to score goals and his goals comparison to all our strikers stands up pretty well.

Goals Games GPG
David Connolly 4 5 1.25
Matty Fryatt 6 19 3.17
Mark De Vries 9 35 3.89
Iain Hume 9 38 4.22
Joey Gudjonsson 9 48 5.33
Elvis Hammond 4 38 9.5
Chris O'Grady 1 13 13

If he is happy as the 3rd Striker, behind Fryatt and Hume, he could prove to a very important player for us.

I personally dont think its the end of the world that MDV is back but I wouldnt expect him to be at the end come August. If they cant transfer him he will get loaned back to another Dutch club next season.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
I personally dont think its the end of the world that MDV is back but I wouldnt expect him to be at the end come August. If they cant transfer him he will get loaned back to another Dutch club next season.

Please guarantee that the Duffer from Dordrecht will go back to Holland. I just can't stand him!

fosseman said:
Please guarantee that the Duffer from Dordrecht will go back to Holland. I just can't stand him!
I went to see Dordrecht play last year vs Telstar. My mate has a Dordrecht season ticket

newtonfox said:
i saw feyenoord v Ajax in rotteram feyenoord won 4-3 stuning match :icon_bigg
Nice stadium the Feyenoord one, I pass it on the train from AMS to Dordrecht

I'd be a bit gutted if i were O'Grady.

He's looked good to me whenever he's played. Confident on the ball, and won a few headers. Now MDV is back it might be that he's pushed down the pecking order. Which would be a shame, as it'll be a big year for him next year. And i'd like to see him play a bit more.

TommyK said:
I'd be a bit gutted if i were O'Grady.

He's looked good to me whenever he's played. Confident on the ball, and won a few headers. Now MDV is back it might be that he's pushed down the pecking order. Which would be a shame, as it'll be a big year for him next year. And i'd like to see him play a bit more.

To play he needs to score goals and so far his goalscoring record doesn't warrant a reasonable level of 1st team action. Potential good number 4 striker though, who hopefully will improve. When / If he starts to score more goals from the bench he can move up the pecking order.

1966 said:
To play he needs to score goals and so far his goalscoring record doesn't warrant a reasonable level of 1st team action. Potential good number 4 striker though, who hopefully will improve. When / If he starts to score more goals from the bench he can move up the pecking order.

Yeah but has he started a game yet? Until he gets a few starts its very hard to tell how well he could do.

TommyK said:
Yeah but has he started a game yet? Until he gets a few starts its very hard to tell how well he could do.

To get a start he needs to score goals from the bench, or at the very least look like scoring from the bench. As long as of course he gets more than the odd 5 minutes here and there.

1966 said:
To get a start he needs to score goals from the bench, or at the very least look like scoring from the bench. As long as of course he gets more than the odd 5 minutes here and there.

I think thats a bit harsh. Its a lot of pressure to put on a young lad to say your only starting if you score goals in the 20mins your on the pitch! In the games he's played in I can't really remember a chance falling to him, apart from the one he put away. If you gave Hume the time that O'Grady's been given, how many would he have scored?

TBH, I think O'Grady looks slow, clumsy and well out of his depth. He will never be a top class striker.

I hope I am wrong

Melton Fox said:
TBH, I think O'Grady looks slow, clumsy and well out of his depth. He will never be a top class striker.

I hope I am wrong

Thats quiet a sweeping statement.
From what i've seen of him he's looked good on the ball, direct, and has plenty of pace.
I'm not saying he'll ever be a prem striker but IMO for the championship he'll be good enough.

Melton Fox said:

I hope I am wrong

I think O' Grady is very clusmy but its more out of eagerness. I wont forgot his goal at Luton for a long time.

Looks like however our decision to drop Wright was the correct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669