Tiatto Offered New Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh

Tiatto Offered New Terms

Leicester City boss Rob Kelly has today confirmed that he has offered new terms to Danny Tiatto ahead of the upcoming Championship campaign.

The Australian has made 55 appearances during his two-year stint with the Foxes to date - but his current deal expires at the end of June.

And Kelly is now hoping that the 32-year-old midfielder will be rejoining his squad again ahead of the 2006-07 season.

He said: "We have made an offer to Danny and we are currently waiting on a response.

"He is away in Australia at the moment, but we hope to hear from him soon.

"Danny stated before he left at the end of the season that he wanted to stay in this country - preferably with ourselves. We hope that he will accept our terms."

Meanwhile, Mark de Vries has returned from his loan spell with Heerenveen after the Dutch club decided not to take up the option to sign the striker.

The former Hearts forward made nine appearances during his four-month stay, scoring three goals.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~829815,00.html

Not happy about that at all.

I suppose we have to trust RK on the Tiatto deal, obviously sees him as backup? but i cannot see MDV figuring in plans - takes up salary we could use for getting someone else on loan or freebie

Which bit, Tiatto or MDV :102:

What we have to bear in mind is what the figures are that constitute our reduced terms offer.

For instance if Danny is currently earning say 5k and we have offered 2k, he may feel the offer to be derisory and move elsewhere. However maybe RK feels for that the money on offer to Tiatto that he would be hard pressed to bring somebody in to replace him for similar terms.

As for MDV, lets hope Butcher goes to Sydney and Motherwell replace him with Levein, and you can be sure that we will see the last of De Vries.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Which bit, Tiatto or MDV :102:

What we have to bear in mind is what the figures are that constitute our reduced terms offer.

For instance if Danny is currently earning say 5k and we have offered 2k, he may feel the offer to be derisory and move elsewhere. However maybe RK feels for that the money on offer to Tiatto that he would be hard pressed to bring somebody in to replace him for similar terms.

As for MDV, lets hope Butcher goes to Sydney and Motherwell replace him with Levein, and you can be sure that we will see the last of De Vries.

Tiatto. Three goals in nine games is actually quite a good return for MDV, which surprised me as I was sure for some reason that he'd not done very well out there. Offering Tiatto a new contract seems to just spell out what next season is going to be for us, another boring, depressing mid-table contest. When he's not injured or suspended, he's not even a very good player. I guess I knew we weren't going to have any money to spend, but I'd hoped that maybe Kelly would work some magic with some free transfers or something...

Someone is having a laugh.... I cant believe we could still end up with this useless prat :icon_evil

Personally I think this a good move by RK; although he isn't the greatest of players, what is in his favour is he can play a number of positions and is committed (albeit over the top at times), he also took some very good corners in the last few games he's played (something which Williams seems unable to do!). Good move IMO and he still might yet decide against the new terms offered (for those that are opposed to him staying on).

Last edited:
LS6_Fox said:
Personally I think this a good move by RK; although he isn't the greatest of players, what is in his favour is he can play a number of positions and is committed (albeit over the top at times), he also took some very good corners in the last few games he's played (something which Williams seems unable to do!). Good move IMO and he still might yet decide against the new terms offered (for those that are opposed to him staying on).

Not that pleased about tiatto, always looks reckless to me!!! I am cool with de vries coming back, he was never as bad as many made out IMO.

Leicester City are set to make defender Paddy McCarthy club captain for next season.

The Irish ace had an excellent run of form when he was given the armband towards the close of this season, and Rob Kelly appears to have been suitably impressed.

MUSSWELL_FOX said:
Leicester City are set to make defender Paddy McCarthy club captain for next season.

The Irish ace had an excellent run of form when he was given the armband towards the close of this season, and Rob Kelly appears to have been suitably impressed.
this is good news IMO although I worry about him being a bit young.

He is reckless, but maybe RK believes he can work on that, also he is extremely versatile offering cover in 3 positions, and if we can secure his services than maybe RK feels for what we are paying we will get value for money.

I think RK has shown in the last 3 to 4 months what he can achieve with players who are failing to play to their potential, so who is to say he cant do the same with Tiatto, he obviously feels he is a player worth keeping hold of. Lets back his judgement and draw our conclusions from Tiatto's performances next season.

Leigh said:
Tiatto. Three goals in nine games is actually quite a good return for MDV, which surprised me as I was sure for some reason that he'd not done very well out there. Offering Tiatto a new contract seems to just spell out what next season is going to be for us, another boring, depressing mid-table contest. When he's not injured or suspended, he's not even a very good player. I guess I knew we weren't going to have any money to spend, but I'd hoped that maybe Kelly would work some magic with some free transfers or something...

Two of them were in one game I believe.

fcukcov said:
this is good news IMO although I worry about him being a bit young.

Nah, he has character, passion and commitment, all more than adequate to be captain regardless of his age. Also he is almost a guaranteed regular in the side, unlike tiatto.

Lboro fox said:
Nah, he has character, passion and commitment, all more than adequate to be captain regardless of his age. Also he is almost a guaranteed regular in the side, unlike tiatto.

Apart from when he's suspended ;)

Lboro fox said:

He has passion for the game ... always trying to get the crowd behind the team when we got corners. Could hear him yelling instructions at the guys too. Never saw any of that from Tiatto. Paddy Mac is a far more worthy captain imo

Reading between the lines of this article I believe it has been released with the intention of forcing the issue as to whether Tiatto will sign or not.He was probably made an offer before he left the country and the club have asked to be kept up to date with his thought process in order that they can make alternative plans should he not sign.Sounds to me like we the club havn't heard a thing from the player as originaaly agreed so have made a conscious decision to yesterday the news about the captaincy plans for McCarthy yesterday to see if that triggered a response. Its seems more than just a co-incidence to me that the following day i.e. today we get an article about Tiatto from the club.

LS6_Fox said:

I agree. Twatos good enough as a back up for this division; he's probably costing us bugger all; and can play in a few different positions. Which is going to be handy next season.

TommyK said:
I agree. Twatos good enough as a back up for this division; he's probably costing us bugger all; and can play in a few different positions. Which is going to be handy next season.

:038: Totally agree

Also if he leaves it means Maybury will start getting all the stick from the fans! :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566