Tiatto Offered New Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox From The Hudd said:
MDV on his way back as well - could have done without his wages/success ratio!

3 goals in 300 minutes of league football whilst in the Netherlands doesn't seem like too bad a ratio to me!

Have any of our other players scored at that kind of rate?

beighton155 said:
Two of them were in one game I believe.

No. He scored in each of his last three games. - in two of them after having come on as sub.

His big problem is his moaning, which really puts people off. Also he is not good in the air despite being tall, but then again if we tried to play another way when he's in the team...

If he ends up being our first change striker I hope he can surprise a few people.

Polar Bear said:
His big problem is his moaning, which really puts people off. Also he is not good in the air despite being tall, but then again if we tried to play another way when he's in the team...

If he ends up being our first change striker I hope he can surprise a few people.

Good chance of getting in the England squad then....

Polar Bear said:

Agree, he amazes me that being over 6ft tall and can't score with his head but I do think with the right pass to his feet he will score a few.

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
Agree, he amazes me that being over 6ft tall and can't score with his head but I do think with the right pass to his feet he will score a few.

What fustrates me with MDV, is that for a man of his physique he lacks physical presence and strength, for me he gets knocked off the ball far too easily and he does spend far too much time complaining to refs, he is cumbersome and IMO does not fit into our pattern of play.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
What fustrates me with MDV, is that for a man of his physique he lacks physical presence and strength, for me he gets knocked off the ball far too easily and he does spend far too much time complaining to refs, he is cumbersome and IMO does not fit into our pattern of play.

Disagree with that, he plays in a similar style to Fryatt IMO. His main strength is his close control, he is a more than adequate replacement for Fryatt IMO.

Lboro fox said:
Disagree with that, he plays in a similar style to Fryatt IMO. His main strength is his close control, he is a more than adequate replacement for Fryatt IMO.

No fooking way, Fryatt is like Dickov, harries and chases people down makes things happen, MDV is a big lump who has limited mobility but has a half decent touch, similarities end there IMO.

PFKAKTF FOX said:

I'd say he is pretty solid on the ball, just fecked if he has to run (using that term 'run' very loosely when refering to MDV :icon_wink)
Seriously, if we have him here next season he gives us another option and as already mentioned it is the boo boys that effect him the most.

That headline "Marshall joins club" filled me with fear then - Thought it meant Lee Marshall!!

PFKAKTF FOX said:
No fooking way, Fryatt is like Dickov, harries and chases people down makes things happen, MDV is a big lump who has limited mobility but has a half decent touch, similarities end there IMO.

Not as fast as Dickov though, but with better control, much less 'in your face style' or harrying too. Just my opinion but he is the most similar deputy for Fryatt we are likely to get, what he wont be IMO is someone who can come on and change the game for us.

Lboro fox said:
Not as fast as Dickov though, but with better control, much less 'in your face style' or harrying too. Just my opinion but he is the most similar deputy for Fryatt we are likely to get, what he wont be IMO is someone who can come on and change the game for us.

I agree MDV will never change a game in our favour, in the air he is no better than Hume or Fryatt, he lacks pace and he doesnt have the strength to add a physical presence, IMO if we need another option form the bench, then Gareth Taylor or Neil Shipperley would be players capable of coming on, providing a different option and changing a game.

Nathan said:
he's not a bad player he just has the boo boys on his back.

Agree with that. He wasn't alone in underperforming at the time. Kisnorbo (admittedly in midfield), Williams, Hume to name but three all performed significantly better after R Kelly took over.

MDV might be good cover for Fryatt and Hume...BUT NOTHING MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please:icon_sad:

As for Tiatto, I'm in two minds. Sometimes he looks useful. Sometimes he is the other teams best player:icon_roll

briefly on De Vries.. am I the only thing that thinks hes done okay while on his loan spell? Scored three goals in 9 which in itself is not that bad but added that hes been playing in a top league and also I would imagine was mostly subject to substitute appearances most of the time...?

TornadoShaunUK said:
briefly on De Vries.. am I the only thing that thinks hes done okay while on his loan spell? Scored three goals in 9 which in itself is not that bad but added that hes been playing in a top league and also I would imagine was mostly subject to substitute appearances most of the time...?

He also might well play better in RK's system...everyone else has!:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670