Ticket, Pie and Pint for £20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ticket, Pie and Pint for £15

I wouldn't mind that, it beats the rancid pies and burgers they serve up every week. Yuck!

I'm still surprised why anyone would ever buy any food or drink from the ground.
Or from any ground. And I'm always annoyed when people count the price of an overpriced cold pie and a massively overpriced pint as part of the cost of going to a game. It's not.

Or from any ground. And I'm always annoyed when people count the price of an overpriced cold pie and a massively overpriced pint as part of the cost of going to a game. It's not.

For a lot of people, I think it's a pyschological thing. They're trapped inside a stadium for, wait for it, maybe a whole two-and-a-half hours. There's a food kisok - overpriced or not - and they MUST buy something.

I'm there to watch some football, not to have a picnic. But each to their own. ;)

Last edited:

For a lot of people, I think it's a pyschological thing. They're trapped inside a stadium for, wait for it, maybe a whole two-and-a-half hours. There's a food kisok - overpriced or not - and they MUST buy something.

I'm there to watch some football, not to have a picnic. But each to their own. ;)

Many bars charge over £3 for a pint so I don't see too much of a problem paying £3.50 for a pint at the game. Do you realise you can drink before the game and not just during it? This allows some folk to get food/drink AND watch the football....many seem to prefer the drink though.

New caterers coming in next season apparently with big changes. More variety with the food.

They seem to change caterers every few years with the same promises; makes little difference to the food though.

I hope these pies are made from cruelty-free cows

Good lad, Maws - I knew you'd come round :icon_bigg

Yeah rumour has it they're tickled to death and die laughing! :icon_roll

That's just Veggie propaganda, they just tickle them to make milk come down their nose. That's where milk comes from.

I'm more surprised that people actually leave their seats to do these things whilst the game is in progress. The risk of missing Andy King's first goal of the game must be quite huge.

That was for a wee, completely different! I know how the big the queues get at HT and I was on the verge of bursting so had to make a call. The same call I made against Millwall and it paid off again, so I think I'll make it a ritual!

Are you suggesting he'll no longer have to leave his seat?

I can see what you're suggesting.

Many bars charge over £3 for a pint so I don't see too much of a problem paying £3.50 for a pint at the game.

Well, I can stay in the pub until 2.40pm and pay less than £3.50 for a pint.

The fact that Biffa Bacon buys rounds on my behalf is irrelevant in this argument, of course.

Are these the same people who HAVE to buy popcorn at a cinema and rustle sweets in a theatre?

That was for a wee, completely different! I know how the big the queues get at HT and I was on the verge of bursting so had to make a call. The same call I made against Millwall and it paid off again, so I think I'll make it a ritual!

The same happened to me :icon_lol:

Well, I can stay in the pub until 2.40pm and pay less than £3.50 for a pint.

The fact that Biffa Bacon buys rounds on my behalf is irrelevant in this argument, of course.

I didn't realise I buy rounds on your behalf, just thought you were too tight to go to the bar :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566