Ticket, Pie and Pint for £20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon that very clever marketing ploy put at least 5000, possibly even 7,500, extra on the attendance tonight.

I'd be happy if all our weekend home games could be on a Friday night instead of a Saturday afternoon. Leaves the whole weekend free for other things.

I reckon that very clever marketing ploy put at least 5000, possibly even 7,500, extra on the attendance tonight.

I'd be happy if all our weekend home games could be on a Friday night instead of a Saturday afternoon. Leaves the whole weekend free for other things.

Completely agree, a really smart marketing scheme. There's a few of my friends who went who I didn't think would ever actually go to a match! (I know, i know, why am i friends with them :icon_bigg)

**** the pie and pint thing or make them get them from a dedicated kiosk! There were hundreds waiting to be served their precious pie and pint just as the game kicked off. People were still coming up to their seats up to 15 mins into the game.
I usually get myself a coffee to take up to my seat, but because of the stupid hoards who had not read their voucher saying "before kick off" it was impossible to get served. Why didnt they get to the ground earlier!!!!!

I was offered discounted tickets for this match - £22, no pie no pint!

Well done City. More joined up thinking.

I think the attendance figure was miles out. Having 28,768 means the ground was full bar the away end. This was nowhere near the actual case.

**** the pie and pint thing or make them get them from a dedicated kiosk! There were hundreds waiting to be served their precious pie and pint just as the game kicked off. People were still coming up to their seats up to 15 mins into the game.
I usually get myself a coffee to take up to my seat, but because of the stupid hoards who had not read their voucher saying "before kick off" it was impossible to get served. Why didnt they get to the ground earlier!!!!!

The idiots working on the kiosk don't help matters. My old ma asked the young lass for a pint, a cheeseburger and a cup of tea.

She walked over towards the beers and then came back and said "what was it you were after?". My ma then repeated the entire order and the young lass returned with the cheeseburger before asking "what else did you want", "tea and a pint of lager" was the response. We were then given the cup of tea before being asked what else we wanted once again.

A young lad before us in the queue ordered two pints of lager and paid before she served them, she walked away and came back with three before asking how many he wanted (again). He then moaned that he may as well have asked for 50 as he'd already paid.

I certainly wouldn't be happy with that. Half two in the pissing morning I got home.

On the subject of pies, I made the mistake of going to Mario's for a pre-match pie, walked away whilst it cooled, picked off a bit of pastry and ate it, **** me it was horrible, it tasted like blue cheese, and the inside of the pie stunk. It had clearly turned, made me feel right sick, almost put me off my replacement when I got to the ground. Never bothering with Mario's again, though I realise I should already know this.

The idiots working on the kiosk don't help matters. My old ma asked the young lass for a pint, a cheeseburger and a cup of tea.

She walked over towards the beers and then came back and said "what was it you were after?". My ma then repeated the entire order and the young lass returned with the cheeseburger before asking "what else did you want", "tea and a pint of lager" was the response. We were then given the cup of tea before being asked what else we wanted once again.

A young lad before us in the queue ordered two pints of lager and paid before she served them, she walked away and came back with three before asking how many he wanted (again). He then moaned that he may as well have asked for 50 as he'd already paid.

I'll echo that - the girl serving my queue decided to go off and p*ss about around the back for ten minutes and then came back laughing... good job I wasnt at the front of the queue at that point :icon_evil

On the subject of pies, I made the mistake of going to Mario's for a pre-match pie, walked away whilst it cooled, picked off a bit of pastry and ate it, **** me it was horrible, it tasted like blue cheese, and the inside of the pie stunk. It had clearly turned, made me feel right sick, almost put me off my replacement when I got to the ground. Never bothering with Mario's again, though I realise I should already know this.

The placed is owned by a bunch of Asians now, it should be called Mahsoods or something. Food has gone downhill and they have had hygiene problems so I have been told.

Poor old Marios, used to be the highlight of home games! Getting my red chicken leg and pitta bread with rice ! (which they dont do any more)

I've not used Mario's since they objected to the planning permission for new stands at Filbert Street, tossers.

Last edited:
Matt was it a Pukka Pie? If so i'll have a word with them because i'm sure they'll be pissed off to know that a chippy is serving manky pies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566