Ticket Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnb_lcfc

are they to expensive at the walkers?

here are a few other teams
all prices are the clubs cheapest seat(adult) for the equivalent of an A game price.
Leicester £27
crewe £18
palace £30
plymouth £21
southampton £26
sheff utd £21
luton town £14.50 (obstucted view)
sheff wed £17
wolves £23
derby £30
stoke £19

are the prices to high.. Have a vote

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....ionPoll&sourceNode=132727&opinionPollPK=56551

I think Derby have got it well out - £30 to watch some sheep try and play football? What a waste of money!

For once, I had a spare Saturday last week and I tried to get my Mrs to come to the Ipswich game.

However, £54 +drinks,burger etc... is just too much money for 90 mins of pretty mediocre entertainment.

And why on earth is Ipswich an A grade fixture. I really don't think any Championship games should qualify as A grade (Maybe Derby, Cov, Wolves ?)

I played golf instead - £15 for 4 hours of pretty mediocre golf....Bargain !!!

At the beginning of the season our estimate was that there would be 8 A grade, 12 B grade & 3 Fans fixtures. We will keep discussing with the club future match ticket gradings.

However even occasional fans really must consider the membership scheme. As an example having joined the scheme you would have paid £20, £22, £17 & £17 respectively for the first 4 games.

The club have stated members will get somewhere between £2 & £5 off each game & so far its been £2, £5, £5 & £5

it is crazy if the occassional fans dont take up the membership option would save them a few quid which is always a good thing! as for ticket prices if attendances continue to be average then surely the club would have no option but to lower prices to entice fans :102:

Even though I'm a season ticket holder I think the cheap pricing policy is wrong. Season tickets should be around a 15-20% saving on match tickets not almost 45% over a season. Match ticket prices are ridiculous but the club has now back itself into a corner where if they adressed the problem by balancing out the price next season they would leave 14,000? of there most loyal fans feeling agrieved.

I'm afraid to say it appears to be a short term policy of get the money in the bank.

i know i can only afford to go to one maybe 2 games a month. hardly rewarding to the fans if they cant even afford to watch their team play

My season ticket works out at something like 12 quid a game, bargain. Get membership ad its £22 to watch footy in the best ground in the league.

No, I don't think its too expensive.

Attendances will follow results, are scousers, Bolton or Pompey fans richer than Leicester fans? I doubt it, play decent footy, win a lot or play in the Prem the attendances will rise. Simple

From an entertainment point of view, I am more concerned about atmosphere than attendance and that has been fine for the past two home games.

3 fans fixtures in this league is fecking shocking

heres some for the club to look over

crewe
stoke
hull
luton
sheff wed
burnley
cardiff
brighton
plymouth

i wonder what attendance we will get at these for £20+ a pop.
they should all be 15 max.
yes the incentives there for season ticket holders but i cant afford one, so i have to pay stupid prices to watch city play shit teams.

I had this conversation with a mate when we were in the Prem. We thought at the time tickets for Man U Liverpool Arsenal etc should be cheap as we will invariably get stuffed. Whereas tickets for the likes of Blackburn or West Ham should be more expensive as we have a chance of winning.

So Cardiff should be expensive as we should give them a hammering.

:icon_lol:

Ticket prices at the Walkers are terrible. It's so expensive! A case in point, as a young adult I paid £20 to watch us lose 1-0 to Rotherham on Boxing Day, and didn't they finish about 15 points behind Forest. Not trying to suggest we're shi*, but the prices certainly are

£23.50 ticket
£20 petrol
£3 programme
£9 beer
total = £55.50
Watching your football team being beaten 3-1 by Luton Town... 'PRICELESS'..........

MKFox said:
£23.50 ticket
£20 petrol
£3 programme
£9 beer
£10.50 Make-up
£27.50 Highlights redone
£28.00 New Outfit for the day
£2 cous-cous
total = £100.00
Watching your football team being beaten 3-1 by Luton Town... 'PRICELESS'..........

You Big Tart....

lako42 said:
3 fans fixtures in this league is fecking shocking

heres some for the club to look over

crewe
stoke
hull
luton
sheff wed
burnley
cardiff
brighton
plymouth

i wonder what attendance we will get at these for £20+ a pop.
they should all be 15 max.
yes the incentives there for season ticket holders but i cant afford one, so i have to pay stupid prices to watch city play shit teams.

There were 3 Fans Fixtures last season. Other teams in the League will not offer 9 games, that's over a third of games played at FF prices

As we keep saying, Luton & Sheff Weds are £17 as members.

there are two forces in play with ticket prices, the will to watch a game and the will to stay at home and save your money

with a 30 thousand odd stadium in the championship, it's all demand-side economics, not supply-side (a change from Filbert Street)

what really matters is the elasticity of demand, how does the club maximise its turnover by varying the ticket price, 30,000 fans at £20 makes more than 20,000 at £25. they know this, they ain't stupid

what the fans have to do is form a collective decision to not turn up to certain games if the club don't do certain things with the prices, in effect a strike. refuse to go to a crap game unless they make it a fans' fixture. the club will think seriously about the loss in revenue and concede. who fancies it? starting a campaign to make a crap game a fans' fixture, otherwise it's a stay away game?

striiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike

otherwise, you can just all moan and moan and the club will act in its interests to try and maximise income

MKFox said:
£23.50 ticket
£20 petrol
£3 programme
£9 beer
total = £55.50

theres always one :icon_lol: :icon_lol: we should get a few for the hull game with that numpty coming back unless he gets the sack of course :038: :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669