Ticket Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leesoh

The clubs with the highest ticket prices have all played in the Premiership in recent seasons. No doubt this has some bearing on the current ticket prices, which haven't been changed for about three seasons. As far as the club is concerned, fans were happy enough to pay these prices the season we were promoted, so will be happy to pay them again.

BTW, I'm playing Devil's Advocate here.

Darth Vodka

LeeH said:
As far as the club is concerned, fans were happy enough to pay these prices the season we were promoted, so will be happy to pay them again.

exactly, elasticity of demand. for all the moaning, everyone still goes. once the moaning becomes so great that people stop going, that's when the club will lower prices

i hereby ban anyone from moaning about prices, unless they say "if prices go above X for Y match, i ain't going" there's no point in moaning about prices and then going anyway, going keeps the prices high. either shut up, go matches and accept that you are paying a high prices, or don't go on the grounds that it's too expensive

it's like moaning about airplane price at the airport, just shut up, if it's that expensive, catch the train

It will be interesting to see how many turn up for the fans fixture games, either proving or dissproving that cheaper prices attract more fans and therefore more revenue.

I personally think that a fans fixture game may add an extra thousand or so but will not add an extra 5,000 plus as some are suggesting.

Dickovforengland!

We are at the top end of ticket prices because we are at the top end of stadium quality and have a big juicy debt to pay.

If we win 5 or 6 in a row you can bet your *rse that no-one will be moaning about prices and the stadium will have 25k plus in it.

Didn't City also offer a season ticket for a quid for under 8's as well. I really don't think we are an expensive club to watch given the squad and ground we have.

Last edited:

EMC Fox

Dickovforengland! said:
We are at the top end of ticket prices because we are at the top end of stadium quality and have a big juicy debt to pay.

If we win 5 or 6 in a row you can bet your *rse that no-one will be moaning about prices and the stadium will have 25k plus in it.

Didn't City also offer a season ticket for a quid for under 8's as well. I really don't think we are an expensive club to watch given the squad and ground we have.

No.. under 8's Season Tickets are free :038:

Dickovforengland!

Right there you go then! Anyone moaning about ticket prices get yourselves some baggy shorts and stick some shoes on your knees and watch the match for free in the family stand!

Darth Vodka

Dickovforengland! said:
...and have a big juicy debt to pay.

do we? i thought bankrupcy meant we didn't... foxes trust?

i thought we just don't own the stadium

SilverFox

Darth Vodka said:
do we? i thought bankrupcy meant we didn't... foxes trust?

i thought we just don't own the stadium

Sorry to dissapoint you but we still have big debts to pay off!

fcukcov

dont most clubs in our league?:102:

Darth Vodka

beaumontfox said:
he probably means what we have to pay back to the American bank who own the ground.

we don't *have* to pay them anything, except rent

we could buy the stadium, but we don't owe them any money

fcukcov

surely if we didnt pay the rent though we would be evicted like anybody else?:102:

Listy

not he same in quality of players (but brian Deane is going to play for perth Glory and Dwight Yorke and Steve Corica for Sydney), but just bought my season tickets for Adelaide United. The A League starts next week. $113 Australian which is about 48 pounds. My sons ticket is about $3 Aussie a game...mine is $11.

Thing is they are starting in the spring and playing thru the summer. Can go down the beach in the arvo, then go watch a game in the barminess of the evenings. Nice.

Adelaide United £4.50
Leicester £27
crewe £18
palace £30
plymouth £21
southampton £26
sheff utd £21
luton town £14.50 (obstucted view)
sheff wed £17
wolves £23
derby £30
stoke £19

MKFox

Johnb_lcfc said:
luton town £14.50 (obstucted view)

Thought you'd pay a premium for having an obstructed view watching Luton....:icon_lol:

Foxes_Trust

SilverFox said:
Sorry to dissapoint you but we still have big debts to pay off!

Well we have to pay the agreed terms per season to Teachers. On current terms if are in the Championship, the payment per season does not cover the charges, so the debt or rather length of terms grows.

In the Premiership we pay out a higher level per season (due to increased revenue) & the debt falls

None of the debt relates to financial deals pre-administration, but the agreed finances since

Steven

Darth Vodka said:
there are two forces in play with ticket prices, the will to watch a game and the will to stay at home and save your money

with a 30 thousand odd stadium in the championship, it's all demand-side economics, not supply-side (a change from Filbert Street)

what really matters is the elasticity of demand, how does the club maximise its turnover by varying the ticket price, 30,000 fans at £20 makes more than 20,000 at £25. they know this, they ain't stupid

what the fans have to do is form a collective decision to not turn up to certain games if the club don't do certain things with the prices, in effect a strike. refuse to go to a crap game unless they make it a fans' fixture. the club will think seriously about the loss in revenue and concede. who fancies it? starting a campaign to make a crap game a fans' fixture, otherwise it's a stay away game?

striiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike

otherwise, you can just all moan and moan and the club will act in its interests to try and maximise income

What makes you so sure that the Club haven't done their budget at this fan level and these prices.

After all it much easier to budget for what the accountants know, that charging 25 quid will get a crowd of 20,000, rather than gambling on the unknown where charging 20 quid will get an indeterminate crowd size. ;)

Yorkshire Vixen

wonder what the target is for luton maybe mk could ring and find out ;) :icon_lol:

Dickovforengland!

EMC Fox said:
I know that target crowds for the first 2 games were as follows...

Stoke 23100
Ipswich 26600

So I really hope that we can survive on less :icon_cry:

Good results = Good turnout, if we string a few wins together the fans will come. If not it'll be 20k or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669