Ticket Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislcfc18

Foxes_Trust said:
At the beginning of the season our estimate was that there would be 8 A grade, 12 B grade & 3 Fans fixtures. We will keep discussing with the club future match ticket gradings.

However even occasional fans really must consider the membership scheme. As an example having joined the scheme you would have paid £20, £22, £17 & £17 respectively for the first 4 games.

The club have stated members will get somewhere between £2 & £5 off each game & so far its been £2, £5, £5 & £5

Thats ok but if you have no other choice but to call the ticket office for your tickets you have to pay £1.50 booking fee so not very good if its £2 off your ticket. Unless of course you buy more than 1 ticket as its £1.50 booking fee no matter how many tickets you buy over the phone.

Then of course there is the cost of the call and if your on the phone for half hour then that makes things a little more expensive although i dont know whether its a national or local rate.

PFKAKTF FOX

I think the club have to seriously look at the pricing of tickets on matchdays, I am a season ticket holder in the Family stand and took advantage of the under 8's go free season ticket offer which means I can now take my little girl to the matches. If the club can be as forward thinking as to offer these kind of deals for season tickets, why can they not come up with a few innovative initiatives to boost the non season ticket customers.

I travel from Preston for every home game, and I am very fortunate to be in a position that I can afford the cost of the season ticket, the travel costs and the added cost of programme, food, drink and the merchandise. However there will be many families who are unable to afford this on a regular basis, so why can't the club look at a "family ticket" where a kid under 8 can attend F.O.C if accompanied by a full paying adult, and any kid over 8 up to 16 can attend on the same basis for say a fiver. This way it makes it more affordable for families and the club still can make money on the adult ticket and the food, drink and other sales they will generate. Another option would be a Family ticketthat enables a family to attend at £10 per head ( Minimum 3) so for Mum, Dad and child the cost would be £30. This way you fill the empty seats, get the kids interested in LCFC (As they are meant to be the future of the club) and more importantly generate revenue for the club, whilst making it affordable to the masses.

Come on board, dont price out the spirit of Leicester, we have a decent fan base who seem to be fairly passionate about the team, the main reason for people not attending is expense not results.

Foxes_Trust

chrislcfc18 said:
Thats ok but if you have no other choice but to call the ticket office for your tickets you have to pay £1.50 booking fee so not very good if its £2 off your ticket. Unless of course you buy more than 1 ticket as its £1.50 booking fee no matter how many tickets you buy over the phone.

Then of course there is the cost of the call and if your on the phone for half hour then that makes things a little more expensive although i dont know whether its a national or local rate.

You can e-mail your requirements, then the club ring you back for card details.

Booking fee applies regardless & the club do incur some costs taking payment on cards.

Foxes_Trust

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I think the club have to seriously look at the pricing of tickets on matchdays, I am a season ticket holder in the Family stand and took advantage of the under 8's go free season ticket offer which means I can now take my little girl to the matches. If the club can be as forward thinking as to offer these kind of deals for season tickets, why can they not come up with a few innovative initiatives to boost the non season ticket customers.

I travel from Preston for every home game, and I am very fortunate to be in a position that I can afford the cost of the season ticket, the travel costs and the added cost of programme, food, drink and the merchandise. However there will be many families who are unable to afford this on a regular basis, so why can't the club look at a "family ticket" where a kid under 8 can attend F.O.C if accompanied by a full paying adult, and any kid over 8 up to 16 can attend on the same basis for say a fiver. This way it makes it more affordable for families and the club still can make money on the adult ticket and the food, drink and other sales they will generate. Another option would be a Family ticketthat enables a family to attend at £10 per head ( Minimum 3) so for Mum, Dad and child the cost would be £30. This way you fill the empty seats, get the kids interested in LCFC (As they are meant to be the future of the club) and more importantly generate revenue for the club, whilst making it affordable to the masses.

Come on board, dont price out the spirit of Leicester, we have a decent fan base who seem to be fairly passionate about the team, the main reason for people not attending is expense not results.

We have suggested that the club use different schemes each season to target different age ranges. They can't afford to offer all manor of discounts in one season though.

Would imagine some special one offs may follow.

PFKAKTF FOX

Foxes_Trust said:
We have suggested that the club use different schemes each season to target different age ranges. They can't afford to offer all manor of discounts in one season though.

Would imagine some special one offs may follow.

But surely they can ill afford 11,000 empty seats every home game, I could understand the poorish attendence against Stoke, Tuesday night, just been beaten 4-1 in our opening game and not the most glamourous of opposition but the more worrying attendence was the Ipswich game, which was on the back of a fairly comprehensive home win, saturday afternoon against a side tipped to be in the promotion shake up yet there was very little increase in attendence surely discounted sales and all the extras that go with it in terms of merchandise and programmes etc must be better than no sales at all and vast areas of empty seats. It would be like a loss leader to attract fans in at discounted rates but then bring in additional revenue on the associated merchandise etc.

Why can't they limit the number of discounted seats for each game, so there are say 2 - 3k available each game on a first come first served basis. It would boost gates, but also the club would have a control on the economics.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
We need good gates to be successful but we need to be successful to get good gates. The club need to do something to attract these Part-time Pete's on a more regular basis - surely a loyalty scheme or something??? Saying they can't afford to fill the 10,000+ spare seats at a discount seems a ludicrous statement.

chrislcfc18

Foxes_Trust said:
You can e-mail your requirements, then the club ring you back for card details.

Booking fee applies regardless & the club do incur some costs taking payment on cards.

I have heard that but many people i have spoke to have never been called back. As for the booking fee you dont get charged that if you pay in person at the ticket office. I assume the booking fee is for postage and packaging but i have bought at the club many times when i have the chance and what ever the price of the ticket is what you have to pay with no added charges.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
chrislcfc18 said:
I have heard that but many people i have spoke to have never been called back. As for the booking fee you dont get charged that if you pay in person at the ticket office. I assume the booking fee is for postage and packaging but i have bought at the club many times when i have the chance and what ever the price of the ticket is what you have to pay with no added charges.

Thats not the case mate, you get charged £1.50 if you use your debit card and 1.5% I think if you use your credit card.

fcukcov

As I ahve said before I cant see how having 10k+ empty seats is good for the club in anyway. It would make sense to charge a fiver less for the tickets and therefore attract more fans and then take the revenue elsewhere in the ground. i.e. food, drinks merchandise etc.

Also another possibity could be to have some merchandise being sold from stalls around the ground as many supporters I know will not go near the club shop on a match day (the only days people generally attend the ground) due to the queues etc. This would generate extra revenue for very little outlay.

I agree that results will bring crowds and this is unfortunate. But I agree I cant see why say the games against smaller clubs cant be charged at a reduced rate to encourage more people to the ground.

I reckon that the idea of free tickets for under 8's or family tickets could work. The kids are the furture of the club and if we could encourage them to come to one cheap game it is likely that they will continue to bug their parents to bring them again and again. Therefore bringing in future revenue.

We missed a big opportunity by not making the pre-season freindlies dirt cheap to go to. It was the school holidays and if we could have got more people (adults and kids) to the inter and Celtic games then the likelyhood is that they would come to many more league games. The club should not underestimate the nagging power of kids. Why do you think they always put sweets and chocolate next to supermarket check outs?

Leesoh

When the results start going our way, people will be back though, regardless of the price.

Over the last few years, we've had to put up with a hell of a lot of crap on and off the pitch, and I can see why people don't want to fork out for more of the same. However, as I said earlier, people were happy enough to pay those prices when we first moved into the stadium, and if we had been playing great football since, with even a limited amount of success, I don't think that the cost of tickets would be as big an issue as it currently is.

Granite Fox

The costs are roughly the same for the club whether we get 20,000 or 30,000 fans through the turnstiles.

In theory, this means the club would be better off letting people in for free if they bought food, drink, programmes, merchandise from the shop, etc. Of course the problem is they don't want to lose out on the money the 2 or 3,000 casual fans are bringing in at present, but surely cheaper prices and special offers will get people through the turnstile and make much more money for the club.

If the atmosphere is good and intoxicating (and it has been reported as much better in the two games to date), the team is playing good football and winning, then there is a good chance they will want to come back.

With only 15,000 season tickets, fans know they can choose at the last minute whether they go down or not, so the club needs to do something to attract them.

Although the attendances have been disappointing, they are only 6.6% down on the same games last year (one of which was also a midweek game). This was much smaller than I expected, especially after the poor football and results that were served up at the Walkers last season.

I am not convinced that cheaper prices will attract a significant number of more people.

If the first fans fixture attracts over 30,000 I will happily retract this, but I cant quite see it happening.

Graz

I think ticket prices are too high. I don't know if anyone else has worked this out, but here's what I worked out quickly:

Against Ipswich, we had a crowd of 21,879 people. Let's say all those people paid the cheapest £22 for their seat (I know some pay less and some pay more, but take £22 as the average almost).

21789 x 22 = £479,358

If the stadium had 32,000 people in it

479358/32000 = 14.9799

So basically, a full stadium at £15 per ticket would give us the same amount of money from ticket income as the 21,000 people we did get going, and it would surely create a better atmosphere in the stadium, and inspire the players more playing in front of a packed crowd.

Admittedly, we're not going to sell out every week, even if the tickets were free, but I do think cheaper tickets would get more fans in, and the club could charge about £18 per ticket rather than £22

Plus when you consider that people can buy merchandise, food, programmes etc, and an empty seat can't, they'd get more money. Say each person spends £5 on stuff other than their ticket on matchdays, with a full stadium the club could get £160,000, compared to £108,945 with the crowd against Ipswich.

Now all that's obviously very rough, and my averages may be way out, but I think it shows the club could reduce ticket prices and still make as much, if not more money on matchdays. I'm sure the club have done the sums themselves with the actual fixtures, but I can't imagine the ticket prices need to be as high as they currently are..

Yorkshire Vixen

be interesting to know how much the clubs expenses (policing, stewarding etc) are for an average game

Talking Balls

Administrator
Staff member
Graz said:
I think ticket prices are too high. I don't know if anyone else has worked this out, but here's what I worked out quickly:

Against Ipswich, we had a crowd of 21,879 people. Let's say all those people paid the cheapest £22 for their seat (I know some pay less and some pay more, but take £22 as the average almost).

21789 x 22 = £479,358

If the stadium had 32,000 people in it

479358/32000 = 14.9799

So basically, a full stadium at £15 per ticket would give us the same amount of money from ticket income as the 21,000 people we did get going, and it would surely create a better atmosphere in the stadium, and inspire the players more playing in front of a packed crowd.

I don't think we'd get a full stadium at £15 a ticket - but we wouldn't need to, you're including season tickets in your calculations, which is distorting things.

If we assume that 7,000 non season ticket holders went to the Ipswich match, paying £22 each, that's £154,000 taken for the match.

If the price was reduced to £15 a ticket, we'd only need to attract another 3,000 or so fans to get the same income.

Foxes_Trust

DurhamFox said:
We need good gates to be successful but we need to be successful to get good gates. The club need to do something to attract these Part-time Pete's on a more regular basis - surely a loyalty scheme or something??? Saying they can't afford to fill the 10,000+ spare seats at a discount seems a ludicrous statement.

Erm - isn't that another name for membership scheme - discounts on each ticket & a % off in the club shop.

Foxes_Trust

1966 said:
I am not convinced that cheaper prices will attract a significant number of more people.

If the first fans fixture attracts over 30,000 I will happily retract this, but I cant quite see it happening.

They were attracting 27,000 last season, so that's highly unlikely

Darth Vodka

Yorkshire Vixen said:
be interesting to know how much the clubs expenses (policing, stewarding etc) are for an average game

good question, but one thing's sure, they are fixed per game, i.e. it costs the same to police 20,000 as 30,000

with large fixed costs, it's even more important to sell the tickets. in fact, i bet the police have to have enough men to police 30,000 just in case 10,000 part-time petes turn up

Talking Balls

Administrator
Staff member
Darth Vodka said:
good question, but one thing's sure, they are fixed per game, i.e. it costs the same to police 20,000 as 30,000

The charge will change on a game to game basis, depending on the perceived level of policing required.
I believe the club only has to pay for policing on the club's property, which is mainly focused on the away fans corner, so who the opponents are will probably have more of an effect on the costs than the number of Leicester fans at the match,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669